Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ

If anyone is on the fence about S&D catering, we just had our tasting yesterday and let me tell you it was FANTASTIC! We were truly treated like royalty and they set up the whole display for us as it would be on the big day. The food was DELICIOUS and they are so accommodating to any requests. I am already so impressed with them and so happy I made the choice to have my reception with them!

If anyone is on the fence about S&D catering, we just had our tasting yesterday and let me tell you it was FANTASTIC! We were truly treated like royalty and they set up the whole display for us as it would be on the big day. The food was DELICIOUS and they are so accommodating to any requests. I am already so impressed with them and so happy I made the choice to have my reception with them!

I can account for this as well. We used Swan catering for our cocktail hour, plated lunch, & cake. Food was amazing!!! & they do a really great cake & food tasting session for no additional cost!

Hi all! This thread seems so much less active than a few years ago when I started planning! I just wanted to let everyone know that, after (literally) years of debate, we now have most of our wedding planned for Saturday, 12/2/17 at Crescent Terrace with a reception at Bluezoo. I had been sulking a bit about not going with Disney, but after reading many brides' recent stories on how they were treated by DFTW, I am quite happy with our choice. We have had a great experience so far (despite a few big hiccups) with JM. I am thinking about starting a trip report, but I'm not sure I will be committed to it. Hah!

Cheers all. :wizard:

Hi all! This thread seems so much less active than a few years ago when I started planning! I just wanted to let everyone know that, after (literally) years of debate, we now have most of our wedding planned for Saturday, 12/2/17 at Crescent Terrace with a reception at Bluezoo. I had been sulking a bit about not going with Disney, but after reading many brides' recent stories on how they were treated by DFTW, I am quite happy with our choice. We have had a great experience so far (despite a few big hiccups) with JM. I am thinking about starting a trip report, but I'm not sure I will be committed to it. Hah!

That's wonderful! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding & on your choice to go with the Swan! We got married at the Swan in December almost 6 years ago & I will never regret my choice, because my wedding never felt "less than" in any way. I feel like Swan weddings are hidden secrets for Disney brides!

I had several of the same vendors that DFTW brides use(officiant, musician, photographer, DJ, hair & make up), we had the same access to Disney events (characters at our wedding booked through Disney, Epcot Illuminations Dessert Party, Welcome Dinner at 1900 Park Fare, Rehearsal Dinner at Biergarten). Crescent Terrace was our beautiful ceremony location, we had a cocktail hour at the Swan Fountains, & a plated lunch reception in a beautiful Swan ballroom. Swan catering is award winning & our food & cake were delicious. Our price was way lower than if we had gone through DFTW & most importantly, the personalized customer service we experienced with the Swan was top notch. Our Just Marry wedding planner would reply to my emails & phone calls within 24 hours (typically within a few hours). Same service with our Swan caterer, floral, & all of our vendors. We got to have a tasting session for meals & cake, free of charge. We met with our planner & caterer in person when requested, no problem at all. We got a free upgrade to a suite the night before our wedding for both my DH & I and also for my parents' room They also provided a room for my DH & his party to get dressed (free of charge). Our planner & her team were so sweet to us and organized on our wedding day, and the day really went off without a hitch.

December was such a beautiful time to get married at the Swan!! Feel free to reach out with any questions!!! :)

So exciting! We had our wedding on 12/22 at Crescent Terrace... it was absolutely wonderful and we were treated like royalty by Just Marry. It was the best choice we made. DFTW has wonderful things to offer but many brides have had a less than stellar experience at a ridiculously high price tag... and, I've never talked to a SD bride who wasn't happy with how their day went.

If we can help, let us know!

Hi!

We are having a ton of toruble with S&D Catering. They told us we can't taste our food or even set up any sort of meeting with them until we choose our menu and pay in full for the reception. It almost sounded like they did not want us to do a tasting at all, even though it says clearly in the reception packet that a tasting is complimentary. I have never heard of such a thing... why would you need to taste food you have already committed to? Did you have this problem? I believe the catering manager sees me as a "bridezilla" and is not really interested in accomodating my requests (which aren't many... other than changing the menu a bit). How was the process for you?

TIA!

Last edited:
Hi!

We are having a ton of toruble with S&D Catering. They told us we can't taste our food or even set up any sort of meeting with them until we choose our menu and pay in full for the reception. It almost sounded like they did not want us to do a tasting at all, even though it says clearly in the reception packet that a tasting is complimentary. I have never heard of such a thing... why would you need to taste food you have already committed to? Did you have this problem? I believe the catering manager sees me as a "bridezilla" and is not really interested in accomodating my requests (which aren't many... other than changing the menu a bit). How was the process for you?

TIA!
I'm so sorry I'm just seeing this! They did tell me I had to pick a menu first, which I did find a bit odd, but they told me I could taste literally anything I wanted, including things I was on the fence about. So I did have to come up with the menu I wanted (which wasn't hard as I already had mine planned out), but I did NOT have to have my reception paid in full! Just my deposit was put down. Who are you working with that told you that? We have Lindsay Cullen as our coordinator and she has been really great and never mentioned anything about having to pay in full.

That sounds awesome. Are there any rules as far as how late you can use the space? And are you able to have music and dancing?
I have the space til 9:30pm (although I'm going to ask for 10:00 because originally that's the latest my coordinator mentioned we could have it). We are having music and dancing! Hiring an outside vendor for a DJ :) hope this helps!

I'm so sorry I'm just seeing this! They did tell me I had to pick a menu first, which I did find a bit odd, but they told me I could taste literally anything I wanted, including things I was on the fence about. So I did have to come up with the menu I wanted (which wasn't hard as I already had mine planned out), but I did NOT have to have my reception paid in full! Just my deposit was put down. Who are you working with that told you that? We have Lindsay Cullen as our coordinator and she has been really great and never mentioned anything about having to pay in full.

We had Lindsay too-I'm glad to hear she is still there! (our wedding was 6 years ago). :)

Hi all,

New to this but thought it was the best place for info! Myself and partner have just booked S&D wedding for 31st May 2018, crescent terrace with a reception and bluezoo private dining room - we have been given the f&b minimum for bluezoo (with tax and sc) but just wondering if anyone has ever had to pay to anything more? That we aren't going to get over there and find we have to pay for room hire onto of f&b min

Thank you in advance!

The only thing extra you'd pay for is extra things you add. Restaurant venues do not have a venue fee, just a food and beverage minimum. There is usually also a service charge and sales tax, but they can tell you what those rates are beforehand.

My future wife and I are getting married at the Swan and Dolphin in January....much cheaper than the Disney Wedding packages. We are also adding a fireworks cruiser and made reservations at il Mulino.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!