Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ

Fantasia Sam

I've been here so much longer!
This thread is for FAQ's ONLY this way information will not be lost within conversational posts ;)

Q: What is Swan and Dolphin Wedding?
A: Details of their two wedding packages can be found here.
http://swandolphin.com/nonflash/weddings/weddings.html

Q: What are the prices?
A: intimate starts from $2,200, deluxe $5,200. please update prices upon changes.

Q: Who do I book the wedding with?
A: By either contacting Swan and Dolphing directly, or www.justmarry.com

Q: What ceremony locations do they have?
A: two locations within the Swan hotel - Crescent Terrace (next to the bridge connecting to Boardwalk) and East Courtyard (The swan fountain courtyard by Palio, the opposite fountain can be chosen as well). Their rainy day backup location is a banquet/meeting room that they'll decorate.

Q: Well there be a coordinator?
A: Yes.

Q: What about receptions, cocktail hour, etc?
A: You may use Swan's catering services to do all that. Menu is available on www.swandolphinmeetings.com/menus/weddingmenus/. Please contact them for pricing details. custom menu can be made and quoted accordingly as well.

Q: Is there any restrictions (hotel stay, guests) compared to DFTW?
A: Almost none, both outdoor locations can accompany atleast 20 guests. No hotel stay requirements.

Q: Can I use outside vendors for photography/video/etc.
A: Yes, but you'll be solely responsible for the outside vendors you choose.

Q: Can we use our own decoration?
A: Yes. Other than what they provided with the package, you can bring your own decorations. But let the coordinator know way ahead of time so they can verify it with the hotel.

Q: Can I get carriage ride, Mickey and Minnie apperance, just like DFTW?
A: YES! M/M 30min appearance costs same as DFTW. carriage ride is cheaper than DFTW but I'm not sure if it's oprated by DFTW.

Q: Is there any get-ready rooms?
A: Upon request and availbility. They should be able to secure at least one room. Very useful if you're not staying at the Swan hotel.

Q: Are there any discounts?
A: Yes if you book through justmarry. You can buy a unofficial guide book to the Disney Wedding from http://www.yourfairytale.com/book.html The book was published in 2003 but the code should still be valid. VERIFY with Justmarry before purchasing this book. Provide the code BEFORE signing contract.

Q: Is there a keepsake wedding certificate like DFTW?
A: Yes, they have their own certificate for extra cost upon request. If you get Rev. Tim, he will also give you a keek sake certificate.

Q: Is is magical?
A: It sure is!

Best wishes to all the Brides and Grooms to be.

The links in your post do not work. Are they outdated or is Swan and Dolphin no longer doing weddings?

I looked at the prices on the website and am feeling a bit discouraged. We will be having no more than 75 people and didn't want to spend anymore than $7,000. I wonder if this is even possible there after seeing $120 pp for food for the reception. I wonder how good they are at working with a low budget?? :scratchin

I am not sure where you saw the $120 per person for food, but they can definitley go lower! :thumbsup2 Their minimum they sent me was $50 per person on food. Did you see the menus under the meetings part of the website? There are some lower priced menus there.

They are also willing to change things around for you.

I am not using them for the reception anymore, but if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask! :)

sorry I didn't see your post sooner!

ferretxxxferret said:
I am not sure where you saw the $120 per person for food, but they can definitley go lower! :thumbsup2 Their minimum they sent me was $50 per person on food. Did you see the menus under the meetings part of the website? There are some lower priced menus there.

They are also willing to change things around for you.

I am not using them for the reception anymore, but if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask! :)

sorry I didn't see your post sooner!

Thanks! That's a relief! I just got a response today to have some more info sent to me about the intimate weddings at the Swan/Dolphin. I think I may go that route as you can have more guests than a Disney intimate wedding and it's cheaper. I may have my reception at a WDW restaurant like Cali Grill or something like that (depending on how many people come).

ferretxxxferret said:
Those are just out of date. You can go to the swandolphin.com and Find the menus and pics!

Also thanks so much for this website! It's very helpful and informative. The only thing I'm confused about is www.justmarry.com says an intimate wedding is for 50 or fewer guests and www.swandolphin.com doesn't state how many guests but I get the impression it's for around 10 guests.

Has anyone planned or had an intimate wedding at the Swan/Dolphin and had 40ish guests? TIA!

ferretxxxferret said:
Well I am having around 60 and they kept calling it an intimate! LOL. I'm not sure what they consider me. :confused3

:rotfl: The justmarry people sent me an e-mail attachment with a bunch of info and it looks like as long as you call it an intimate it's an intimate! :teeth: That's great news! Thanks again for the help! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Just chiming in here. I am having a Swan wedding on July 7, 2007. You can check out two restaurants at downtown disney, Portobello Yacht Club and Fultons crab house. They both have reasonable prices and private rooms for 40ish people. We plan to have 40ish people and are using the Portobello. Check out levyrestaurants.com.

HTH
O

I thought I would post a couple pictures of Crescent Terrace at the Swan, since this is the FAQ thread. Just let me know if this isn't the right place moderators!

PICT0196.jpg

PICT0199.jpg

PICT0346.jpg

Looking at it from across the water by the boardwalk:
PICT0238.jpg

Just a few bits of information on our wedding that might help (if they are still relevant).

We had our reception at the Yacht Club and they provided our own Ferry ride over complete with a "Just Married" sign hanging off the back. No charge!

We were married by the fountain in the courtyard and it was small but kept a lot of people not associated with the wedding away (they closed the doors to the fountain while we were out there).

They did not call our wedding a wedding at the Yacht Club but a gathering and the food prices were automatically lower. We only had 27 people but they were very accomidating.

The "Captain" showed up with autographed pictures of Minnie & Mickey for the kids that were present.

Everything was fantastic down to the last detail. You will all have a Very Wonderful Day in the Happiest Place on earth!

Good Luck

We are considering having our ceremony at the Swan/Dolphin about 40-50 people and then proceeding to Fulton's for dinner. Will they accomodate seating for that many at the resort? We would do the "intimate" package.

Also, how were the grounds? Did everything look nice? Thanks.
Jill

We were married outside in August and the grounds were perfect. Everything was clean, and all the plants looked great. The flowers smelled nice and except for the occasional plane flying overhead, all was great.

I am not sure about Fulton's and 40 - 50 people. Yacht Club deffinitly but you should call Fultons directly and inquire.

Have a great time and congrats.

I also don't know about Fulton's, but they definitely have room at the ceremony for that many!

Yes, the grounds were very well manicured, and the spot was really beautiful. Much more so than in pictures! I wasn't dissapointed when I went to go see the site in December. I liked it alot!

My daughter would like to have her guests go to the Polynesian Luau the night of their wedding. Has anyone ever done this? Do they accept reservations for a party of about 40, and is there such a thing as group discounts? Would they allow you to wear a wedding dress?

I was wondering if anyone knows about different options for a reception menu then the ones that are posted up on their website. By different options i mean food and prices. Thanks so much.

for the swan and dolphin hotel

we are on a very tight budget and im sure i have seen prices a lot cheaper than justmarry.com

and how soon would i need to book our wedding with swan and dolphin hotel
what would the deposit be roughly ?

I think I hot Gold today with the private dining option at the Swan. I was getting upset with how high prices were for private dining at Disney even though I'm getting married through them (Sea Breeze). Anyway, I called and found out how reasonable Shula's steakhouse was for our twenty guests and how beautiful the rooms are. I now believe that is where we will hold our reception! So excited! :cheer2:

P.S. Since we're getting married at Sea Breeze, no transportation is involved! Just our feet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts