Swan & Dolphin Weddings FAQ

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by Fantasia Sam, Mar 13, 2006.

1. dansyr2514

dansyr2514 DIS Veteran

2. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

I have detailed pricing in my Fairytale Weddings Guide and basic pricing here: https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/

I wouldn't worry about the change in show. There's always going to be *some* show at Epcot, and Disney will continue to monetize the heck out of it. Think about when they switched from Wishes to Happily Ever After at the Magic Kingdom. They didn't cancel any parties or change anything else but the actual show.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. dansyr2514

dansyr2514 DIS Veteran

Thank you. I actually just got your book the other day but hadn’t had time to go through it yet. This could be an option.

lurkyloo likes this.
  5. mumsy1955

mumsy1955 DISNEY FAN

what happens if it is raining if you have wedding at the beach area at the Swan and Dolphin

6. lurkyloo

@mumsy1955 They have an indoor backup location for you at the convention center.

7. mumsy1955

mumsy1955 DISNEY FAN

Great ,would it be decorated.We have arch with flowers for beach ceremony

8. lurkyloo

It will only be decorated with whatever you bought for the beach. So in your case, you'd have the arch with flowers.

9. PBJelly

PBJelly Earning My Ears

Realistically, what kind of budget should I set for a S&D wedding?

My bride is concerned with the cakes...as she thinks most of them are ugly that are included.

I think it would be much more magical IMO.

10. eric1985

eric1985 Mouseketeer

Depends on how many people. I had 20 people, Dinner at Il Mulino's and two boats to watch the fireworks for under $5,000.

LoveandDisney likes this.
  11. ALegrande

ALegrande Mouseketeer

We did not do our ceremony with them, but had a full reception for 55 guests for about $10K for the food and open bar. They let me bring in an outside cake (one that I got through my ceremony with Disney) and just charged me a small fee.

12. aristocatz

aristocatz DIS Veteran

We had a custom design on our cake (snowflake theme), but they did not charge us any extra for the custom look. They were very flexible and easy to work with. Our Swan catering cake was beautiful & really delicious.

I also knew several other S/D brides who brought in cakes from outside vendors and it was allowed (not sure if there was an extra fee for doing so). I know one bride who actually got their cake from Publix. Another who used "It's Tasty Too"

13. aristocatz

aristocatz DIS Veteran

Just want to add that I strongly suggest that you don't wait too long to book. Illumination Dessert Parties book up fast & the locations are limited, some with better views than others.

14. SpicyPanda

SpicyPanda Earning My Ears

Is decor/ floral included for ceremony/ reception or is that something I would get an outside vendor for? How’s their photography?

15. SpicyPanda

SpicyPanda Earning My Ears

If you have a Swan & Dolphin wedding and book a dessert party through Disney for that same evening can you wear your wedding dress ?

16. Toolulu22

Toolulu22 Mouseketeer

Nope. Not into the park. I had my ceremony at S & D and booked a dinner and dessert party through Disney- they specified that I could not wear a wedding dress at either location.

17. MrsDuck

MrsDuck DIS Veteran

Depends on the location. If it's in park, no. if it's at a resort, potentially.

As far as floral is concerned, it depends on the package you choose! The photography options are great.

lurkyloo likes this.
  18. aristocatz

aristocatz DIS Veteran

If you book a dessert party at the Grand Floridian site, you can wear your wedding dress. I believe that's the only site that allows it.

19. lurkyloo

Technically Disney can't bar you from wearing a wedding gown at the resorts, because there's no gate where security can stop you like at the parks. However, even if you are having a resort dessert party, I would not even mention your attire to your Disney Catered Events planner. There have been one or two planners who are weird about the bridal gown thing, though most of them don't care what you wear.

20. Ashly Anderson

Ashly Anderson Earning My Ears

Do they do receptions at the coral reef restaurant?

21. lurkyloo

Not private ones—the restaurant is open to day guests all day, so there is no time when it can be used for a private event. But you can make a large-group ADR there, or book Living Seas Salon for a private event instead.