Swan/Dolphin is there a real difference between.......

mickeymyfavorite

DIS Veteran
Hi All, I was wondering if anyone can help me, I have always wanted to stay at the swan or Dolphin, but always felt that it's not a "DISNEY" hotel.

Can anyone tell me what the real difference is?
Which resort is better Swan or Dolphin?
Do they still have the disney transportation like the other disney hotels? to all the parks, I don't know why I can't remember seeing a bus stop for these hotels?
Most important does it still have that Disney feel, I think that is what I'm most worried about...........I just love that disney feel.

I read that the extra magic hours still apply to Swan/Dolphin Guests. Thanks for you help!

The Dolphin is a bigger hotel and feels like it. Everything is bigger. The lobby and waiting areas and entrance are all bigger. The rooms are even a bit bigger.
The Swan is a bit more subdued and a hair more formal feeling. The colors of the decor are the same as at the Dolphin but It felt a bit more classy.

Hi,

This question gets asked often...in fact here is a thread a little farther down the page from earlier today:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1808931

The only differences between Swolphin and the Disney owned hotels are:

1) No Magical Express
2) No Dining Plan
3) You can't charge anything to your room except for things purchased in the Swolphin.

Hi,

This question gets asked often...in fact here is a thread a little farther down the page from earlier today:

1) No Magical Express
2) No Dining Plan
3) You can't charge anything to your room except for things purchased in the Swolphin.

No magical express? I'm shocked...........

We have stayed at both and like the Swan better because it is quieter...too many conventioners at the Dolphin

Hi,

1) No Magical Express
2) No Dining Plan

No RAC, either. :(

We stayed often at Swan and Dolphin before we became DVC members. I have a slight preference to Swan...a little quieter, but the Dolphin is probably a little funner with kids...for some reason it does feel a little more Disney than Swan. At any rate, we never really feel we are not at Disney...after all, you are on the EPCOT and MGM boat loop, as well as the bus loop for Yacht and Beach for many places. Plus, you are really a part of the Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach club walking loop. We really enjoyed some nice savings there and they are definitely deluxe resorts. I just find a tiny tiny tinge of it not being a Disney hotel, but it doesn't bother me and I would stay there again in a heartbeat if we didn't have DVC.

I've stayed at both for conventions and prefer the Dolphin a bit more than the Swan. Being a Starwood gold member I got a free upgrade and had a view of Epcot from my balcony. That in combination with the boat launch to Epcot and DHS, the busses shared with BW and Yacht Club and a quick walk over the bridge to the boardwalk and I felt I was at Disney even though there aren't any "mice" in the rooms. And as was mentioned the beds are wonderful - they beat any Disney room that I've stayed in. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. :thumbsup2

Doesn't the Dolphin have full beds and the Swan has Queens?:confused3

Yes, Loverly, I believe your bed size is correct.

For me, once you are not at a vaue resort, I do not think of any of the hotels having a Disney feel to them. S/D is luxery to me. Everyone is as kind and helpful as they are at the Disney resorts (maybe even moreso). I think the rooms are cleaner.

Loved staying at the Dolphin last year! I looked out my window and saw Spaceship Earth. How can that not "feel" like Disney? You're right next to the Boardwalk and the Yacht and Beach Clubs. Plus you can walk to EPCOT and Studios. I wouldn't worry about it not feeling like Disney at all!

We just returned from a 10 day stay at the Dolphin.
Our room was 19th floor, center...

That was a Disney view beyond.:yay:
We were very lucky, as it was an upgrade!

We love the Dolphin!
Love it, love it, love it...:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter