• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Survivor Philippines**Sept 19**No Spoilers

I really liked Lisa and thought she came off great last night. I was happy she won fan favorite. :thumbsup2

I thought Abi was funny on the reunion show, I thought she came off.....dare I say....likable. lol

I liked all of the final 4 and didn't really care who won, but I was rooting for Lisa.

I've always liked Penner, but I thought he came off a real *** last night. So bitter, its just a game.

I haven't watched all of the reunion, but Abi seemed pretty nice on the Ponderosa videos too.

Agree, I like Penner, but thought he came off as a jerk last night.

happygirl said:
I wish they would do away with the past respect to past players

I happen to like that. It helps serve as a review of the season and gives some small face time to the competitors that didn't last long enough for the viewers to get to know them.

yoopermom said:
Here are my questions:
1)Why didn't Jeff question the jury about who they would have voted for if Skupin and Lisa had taken Abi to the final three? I would think it would have been Skupin, but who knows...
2)Why didn't Lisa tell them at her own time about being on Facts of Life? She knew that at least one jury member knew the truth so wouldn't it have been better to have brought it out when she could have done spin control on it?
3)How could only two people have recognized her from that show when she looks EXACTLY the same (except thirty years older ;)...)? Maybe I watch too much tv, but I think I would recognize most major actors who have been on a long running show in the past forty years if they still looked like that.
4)How does Lisa still look so good? Even out in the elements, she looked pretty darn good, especially for her age. I thought at the reunion show she looked like a Christian cougar ;).
5)Did any of Lisa's Christian ramblings come off to anyone else as being slightly Survivor bashing? Talk about biting the hand that feeds you!
6)Don't they have any dress stores in Iowa? The one Denise was wearing looked like a swimsuit coverup with a keyhole neckline. You're probably going to win a million dollars, spend a few bucks on a dress for the live show:confused3 (ok, that was just catty, but really, come on, represent us midwest gals a little better!)

Terri

1) I think Jeff wasted so much time talking about religion with Lisa that he missed a lot of questions he should have asked.
2) when Penner went out of the game without mentioning who she was she probably thought that it was over at that point and she wouldn't have to talk about it until the reunion.
3)the facts of life is not a show that i've seen in reruns, so if you're under 30 like most of the cast was they didn't have a reference point. lisa also didn't act a lot after that so her fame ended when the show ended.
4) I found Lisa annoying during the season but I have to admit she looked awesome last night
5)I don't think she meant it to sound that way but it did seem like she was bashing the morality of the game.
6) Denise doesn't seem like the dress type. she should have take a lesson from Lisa who wore something that was nice but a little more casual.

I think Penner understands TV well enough that he was creating the drama for ratings sake, not because he was really bitter. And it needed it too, since up until then, the jury was being pretty bland.

Malcolm and Denise may have missed an opportunity. When it was down to 4, and Lisa and Skupin were deciding whether to go with Malcolm or Denise, both Denise and Malcolm assumed their only chance was to align themselves with L&S and hope the other was on the losing end. But.....

What if L&S had picked one, either M or D.

M&D hold firm and together vote for Lisa, since Skupin had immunity.

That's two votes for Lisa and two for either M or D. That would have meant a tie and the jury would have decided who went home. Is that right? (Again, I don't know the rules.) I have to think the jury would have sent Lisa home, putting Skupin, Malcolm and Denise in the final three.

Did anyone else have that thought?

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Then at least one of them would have had a fighting chance.

Probst polled the jury to see who would have voted for Malcolm if he and Denise had been in the final 3. Since it was unlikely they both would have ended up there together, why didn't he ask the jury if they would have voted for Malcolm over Lisa & Skupin? I'm sure he would have won.

Not sure why Artis had so much attitude. He pretty much did nothing in the game.

Denise said she would make no apologies about how she played the game, but yet she made apologies anyway. I'm not sure what was more annoying - her overuse of the word "absolutely", or R.C.'s nervous laugh after every statement she made during tribal. :rolleyes2

Was Carter falling asleep during the reunion show?

I was glad Abi seemed to have realized how awful she came off during the show and claims to have grown from it.

OK, I think Carter was high, LMAO!!! He looked crazy, his eyes were even crossing. :smokin: And what was up with RC's insane laughter and giggles the whole time she was asking her questions of the 3? She was laughing and just acting wierd.

Jennasis said:
I was glad Abi seemed to have realized how awful she came off during the show and claims to have grown from it.

if you watch the ponderosa video's Abi seemed genuinely nice and she didn't carry grudge outside the game so she was okay once she arrived at ponderosa.

nikkistevej said:
OK, I think Carter was high, LMAO!!! He looked crazy, his eyes were even crossing. :smokin: And what was up with RC's insane laughter and giggles the whole time she was asking her questions of the 3? She was laughing and just acting wierd.

look at the ponderosa videos. you saw her as she really is. I like RC before she was voted out but at ponderosa she became really angry bitter and annoying.

Carter has looked like that all season long.

I thought the same thing. That nervous laughter was uncomfortable to watch.

hallie said:
I really liked Lisa and thought she came off great last night. I was happy she won fan favorite. :thumbsup2

I thought Abi was funny on the reunion show, I thought she came off.....dare I say....likable. lol

I liked all of the final 4 and didn't really care who won, but I was rooting for Lisa.

I've always liked Penner, but I thought he came off a real *** last night. So bitter, its just a game.

Agree with you on all of this ;)

This is the list I found for the favorites returning.

Erik (Micronesia)
Corinne (Gabon)
Brenda (Nicaragua)
Andrea (Redemption Island)
Phillip (Redemption Island)
Brandon (South Pacific)
Dawn (South Pacific)
Cochran (South Pacific)
Malcolm (Philippines)

I saw the same list on facebook and get glue, maybe the video is to confuse us :confused3

I agree with you completely. I missed the end of the reunion so I didn't know that Lisa won fan favorite :cool1: How cool is that?!

Just my opinion, but I despise Penner, both for this season and from his previous one. He is an arrogant SOB and a sore loser. Did he inform the others about his acting roles? That was news to me, never heard of him and never care to hear about him again. I also despise Russell, the jerk from Texas. He is also a sore loser. While I love Malcolm, I probably won't watch the next season, because I hate reality shows that bring back previous players.

I think Penner just straight up blew it. He was offered the final 4 alliance and turned it down so he has no one to blame but himself. Not saying at all he would have won in the end, but he probably could have made it to the final 3.

As to the new fans v. favorites, hmmmm not really any of my "favorites" in that bunch. The one really pretty girl I liked, but not sure how entertaining any of them will be. I think its best to have the real nut jobs on and the only one of those I remembered was Phillip.

Maybe a better theme would be to have the truly nutty back, and call it fans v. fruits :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter