Survivor 44

Can't take that away from her. I do think she had a better game as it went on. I don't think she was a key player early on.
True but they wrote her off in the beginning as a too aloof and weird to include in any strategy. She worked her way back in with Carson and Yam Yam by offering some key strategy and game moves. I believe of the final 3 she was the best player and should have won.

What shocked me about Carson was how bad he sucked at making fire. He had stated earlier that he had 3D mock-ups of all the puzzles so why didn’t he also practice making fire? That weakness cost him a million dollars.

I’m really disappointed that 45 is only going to be 26 days. With each show being 90 minutes they’ll be scrambling to fill that time and I think it’s going to get monotonous. Bring back 39 days!!

True but they wrote her off in the beginning as a too aloof and weird to include in any strategy. She worked her way back in with Carson and Yam Yam by offering some key strategy and game moves. I believe of the final 3 she was the best player and should have won.

What shocked me about Carson was how bad he sucked at making fire. He had stated earlier that he had 3D mock-ups of all the puzzles so why didn’t he also practice making fire? That weakness cost him a million dollars.

I think she was the 2nd best in the final three.

I wasn't as impressed by Heidi choosing to make fire - she knew he was having a hard time with the fire making.

She new Yam Yam and Carolyn were really good fire makers. She only did that because she knew odds were that she would beat Carson and them she went on and on about how she chose to make fire.

I wasn't as impressed by Heidi choosing to make fire - she knew he was having a hard time with the fire making.
I agree here plus she didn't really do anything throughout the season that we saw from what I remember so it was like "ohh this is your token big move to be a big move because you won the last immunity challenge and now held the power" and that's not going to make a strong enough case to the jury most times.

I liked who won and think overall they did play a very good game

Carolyn while she played a good game I think also didn't play a good game. Looking back what moves did she really play? Was she able to truly convince people to do what she wanted vs just adding another voting member to their alliance? Yes she and yam yam had loyalty but who was really in charge there? I will give her that apparently yam yam and her had a strategy of making others think they were more contentious towards each other than they really were.

I think her good game is that she was the annoying player who people wanted to get out because they saw her as a threat but a threat in gameplay?? I'm not sure, maybe a loose cannon way. But not a good player in the sense of the whole game. It's why I think she didn't get any votes. I mean if Carson was in there she still probably wouldn't have gotten any votes. Heidi being in there only took 1 vote.

Best season they have had in a LONG time and then the ending just....blew it. I hope she comes back as a fan favorite - she was amazing!

I think the only one (of the final 3) that had any strategic play was Carolyn.
I didn't like Carolyn early on, but -- as time went on -- I realized she was working a plan. I couldn't live with her though; a little of her would go a long way.
Heidi didn’t really do anything other than win the last challenge. I cant believe she did the fire challenge.
Agree. I barely noticed Heidi until the end.
I thought the same thing! He was so well prepared, but EVERYONE KNOWS you're going to need fire! If not for a fire contest, then just for cooking and warmth. Every season my family talks about how if we knew we were going on Survivor, we'd learn fire, fishing and all sorts of things! But so few people prepare.

Back to fire ... making fire really isn't all that hard. When I was in 7th grade I did a history project on the importance of fire to earlier generations, and I learned to make fire from flint and steel. With my teacher's permission, I demonstrated for the class. I earned an A.

She new Yam Yam and Carolyn were really good fire makers. She only did that because she knew odds were that she would beat Carson and them she went on and on about how she chose to make fire.
Agree, but it was still a chance. Fire is a tricky thing, and sometimes even a good fire maker is slow or needs a second try. I think she took the chance because she didn't have much else that made her outstanding, and this was kinda a Hail Mary.

Carson said in the episode that at home he could make fire in 3 minutes. So he could do it, his anxiety and self-doubt just all caught up with him. As someone with the same struggles, I could totally see the same thing happening to me. I thought he redeemed himself well though, he definitely had a strong fire going, and Heidi just happened to set the all-time record. Against anyone else, he would have been competitive.

I hope he comes back. He played an amazing game, and it was sad to see him go out like that.

I wish that Jeff had asked the jury if how many would have voted for Carson if it had been him in the final 3 instead of Heidi. He has done that before.

My favorite three were in the final four. I actually thought from the beginning that Yam Yam would probably win.

I've liked Carolyn from the beginning. Yes, she was annoying and I thought that might be a reason why they would keep her till the end, because she annoyed everyone. As time passed I could see the game she was playing. She's also one of the few players who can keep a secret and not blab that she found a HII for the majority of the game.

I found Heidi very annoying at the final Tribal Council. She couldn't keep her mouth shut. If Carolyn had been able to overcome her insecurities and spoken out like Heidi, then maybe she would have had a better chance to win.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter