Surprise AP & Ticket Increase

I played around on the Disney site yesterday and if I bookma whole package through them, even for late summer, I’m still able to add maxpass for $10.

https://fox6now.com/2019/01/06/disn...-percent-ahead-of-star-wars-themed-expansion/

This article quotes a disney rep saying more blackout dates will be added to most passes, to whoever said they don't see it changing much
What is posted currently won't have any major changes. They can add more blockouts to a calendar that hasn't been announced. Imagine the backlash if a person purchased a deluxe pass, made all plans for a trip the first week of June because it isn't blocked, plane tickets purchased, hotel reservations paid, only to arrive to "Oops, we changed our minds, we are going to block you out..." They will add more blockouts, but it won't be in June/July as that is set.

This is the type of thing that I realize makes no difference to me. Each price increase announcement, I say I won't renew my AP because it's too expensive. I can barely make it a year without visiting before I go get another one. I have Signature. I wish the increase would make me not want to buy it again because that would stop me from buying purses and Pandora charms and overpriced Tshirts and sweaters. The cost of the AP is nothing compared to what I spend when I am at the parks.

I do hope that I find a less expensive obsession, but I've tried lots of other things and always end up back at Disneyland. Sigh.

I know how you feel! My AP expires March 31, meaning my renewal period was going to sit right on the cusp of the traditional price increase. Now that it' so early, I somewhat can figure out a game plan with paying. I was hoping to pay in full this time. But I think I'll just put a large amount down then pay off early throughout the year.

My AP renewal date is 3/26. My Mom and I were at the parks on Saturday and discussed renewing at the end of the month to beat the price increase. We have the Premier pass and can renew at 60 days out (for booking WDW fastpasses and for all they know, I have a trip planned then). I am just sick thinking about paying $1949 for a pass renewal! I may renew Sig+ and then upgrade around late June so I can book my fastpasses for WDW in September. And I will let it lapse and then just buy a new pass to take more days at the end I guess.

This is the type of thing that I realize makes no difference to me. Each price increase announcement, I say I won't renew my AP because it's too expensive. I can barely make it a year without visiting before I go get another one. I have Signature. I wish the increase would make me not want to buy it again because that would stop me from buying purses and Pandora charms and overpriced Tshirts and sweaters. The cost of the AP is nothing compared to what I spend when I am at the parks.

I do hope that I find a less expensive obsession, but I've tried lots of other things and always end up back at Disneyland. Sigh.

Now this is honesty.

And I am the same exact way.

... Looks like my AP next summer will run me about $1250. When and where does it end?..
Happy New Year, Rob! This was a bit of a shock, right? For those of us who pay in full, our next renewal is going to take some serious planning and saving, that's for sure. Oh well, all that hard work will just make each park visit that much sweeter.

Just confirming that tickets bought today through LMT will be honored in June. Was looking at the 3 day hopper tickets. I have used them before with no issues.

I have thought about this too, but the bottom line is, it makes me happy. It makes my kids happy. It makes our entire family happy. Happiness seems to be a fleeting emotion these days, so I will take as much as I can get, and I will gladly pay the price for it.

It does help, though, that my kids don't do sports or any extra curriculars, so that frees up a lot of "fun money" for us as a family.

Just got the actual tickets from LMT Club so I can confirm they are offering what is now a $75/ticket discount on a 3 day hopper. Tickets are good thru 1/13/2020. Per another poster looks like Undercover Tourist still has discounted tickets at the old price too.

Just confirming that tickets bought today through LMT will be honored in June. Was looking at the 3 day hopper tickets. I have used them before with no issues.

The first quote is from page 4 of this thread. That poster purchased tickets yesterday and received tickets with the 1/13/2020 expiration date.

This was me every renewal, lol! I thought the big change in 2015 would stop me... It didn't. I went out and bought four Premium vouchers not long after crying over the huge increase and used them for two Sig+ passes for two people over two years. Those four pass were $3,116 between my mom and myself. To renew now, it would be $2,798 for both of us. Only $318 difference!

But I would still pay it if I knew of any for sure trips prior to October this year. Or if I lived close enough for a day trip. We had a maybe trip for February and my usual birthday trip in May, but even that May trip was going to get shifted and possibly cancelled due to work this year (a coworker has graduation and I agreed to not take my birthday week off like I normally do to accommodate her trip to Boston for it).

Definitely the same, though. Disney is my favorite place to spend my vacation time and we'll see how long I last, lol! It's one of the few things untainted by a toxic parent of mine and it's helped me better deal with my crowd anxiety. I still am prone to panic attacks, but I've learned a lot of coping skills having to survive crowds at Disney.

My mom and I are actually looking at a Disney Cruise instead this year, lol! Or renting an RV and doing a road trip (since that my cat could come with us). Or a couple of practical things like a new stove. Would give me something that wasn't older than I am to finally make all those treats in the Disney cookbooks I've bought over the last four years :rotfl2:

https://fox6now.com/2019/01/06/disn...-percent-ahead-of-star-wars-themed-expansion/

This article quotes a disney rep saying more blackout dates will be added to most passes, to whoever said they don't see it changing much

The exact wording is: "Disney representatives said more days would be blocked out for most annual passes compared to last year but didn’t provide more specifics." But that has already happened, with park specific blockouts, etc. So I don't think that means new changes to this year's blockouts are coming.

Opps, sorry. Someone already pointed that out. (gotta read the whole thread first, LOL).

What is posted currently won't have any major changes. They can add more blockouts to a calendar that hasn't been announced. Imagine the backlash if a person purchased a deluxe pass, made all plans for a trip the first week of June because it isn't blocked, plane tickets purchased, hotel reservations paid, only to arrive to "Oops, we changed our minds, we are going to block you out..." They will add more blockouts, but it won't be in June/July as that is set.
Exactly. I think this is where a lot of people get confused. I highly doubt they would add blockouts to a blockout calendar already released, but they could add blockouts to future months (those are a year away, well past the expected opening of SWL). I believe everyone will know what the AP calendar is when they buy it. You may not like it, but it won't be a surprise.

Exactly. I think this is where a lot of people get confused. I highly doubt they would add blockouts to a blockout calendar already released, but they could add blockouts to future months (those are a year away, well past the expected opening of SWL). I believe everyone will know what the AP calendar is when they buy it. You may not like it, but it won't be a surprise.

I have a jerk of a cousin who was convinced once Disney changed the calendar on him last minute (he had a SoCal). They hadn't, he just read the calendar wrong. But sadly some people are definitely like him and attribute their mistakes to Disney having pulled the rug out from under them.

I agree with you that the calendar is what the calendar is. One knows it when they purchase. I would still always double check, but I would be floored if Disney ever took away a day on a published calendar. Added a day? Sure. But not take away one.

I have just bought a 3 day 1 park ticket through Last Minute Travel Club for June 2019 , price $258.74 which is the same price I paid for my June 2018 ticket.

Ticket is valid through January 13 2020

Current price on Disneyland website is $300

Last edited:
I have a jerk of a cousin who was convinced once Disney changed the calendar on him last minute (he had a SoCal). They hadn't, he just read the calendar wrong. But sadly some people are definitely like him and attribute their mistakes to Disney having pulled the rug out from under them.

I agree with you that the calendar is what the calendar is. One knows it when they purchase. I would still always double check, but I would be floored if Disney ever took away a day on a published calendar. Added a day? Sure. But not take away one.
We had someone (an entire family - mom, dad, 3 kids) ahead of us on NYE trying to enter the park on their deluxe passes. According to dad, they were only supposed to be blocked out on Saturdays. Guess someone didn't look at a block out calendar.

We had someone (an entire family - mom, dad, 3 kids) ahead of us on NYE trying to enter the park on their deluxe passes. According to dad, they were only supposed to be blocked out on Saturdays. Guess someone didn't look at a block out calendar.

I feel so awful for the kids in that situation :(

Undercover Tourist is also a legit place to buy discount tickets. They are very popular for WDW tickets, I think they only recently started selling DL tickets so DL people may not be as familiar with them. I bought my tickets through them and they are already loaded into the Disneyland app. As long as you are sure NOT to purchase the promo tickets (those are the ones that expire in May) you should be good for June travel date.
https://www.undercovertourist.com/los-angeles/disneyland-resort/

Ugh, I was going to wait and get our tickets closer to our mid-August trip and I was hoping to get them through a Canadian site to avoid paying in US$ but I just bit the bullet and bought our 5 day hoppers through LMT Club. I compared a few different sites and that was the better deal by between $20-$77/ticket, as compared with UT, Disneyland.com and Expedia.ca (factoring in the exchange rate on E.ca)

Oh well, one more thing off the list to buy for the trip I guess...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter