Surprise AP & Ticket Increase

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Kender, Jan 6, 2019.

1. MommyLove

MommyLove currently scrapbooking our Disney trips

Yes they do. We've done it at least three times now when upgrading from LMT tickets to APs. We've always gotten credit for full gate price.

mom2rtk and Animal like this.
  2. Sandeep1

Sandeep1 Mouseketeer

I'd buy them if I were you. I doubt you'll be able to buy those tickets in early May for a trip in early May.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Jperiod

Jperiod I am the rebel spy!

They bridged ours in December 2016. I bought our 5 day hoppers from LMTclub yesterday. Hoping to save that $75+ if we get an AP. My plan is to use the hoppers this summer when the deluxe is blocked out and upgrade on the last day.

5. Animal

Animal Mouseketeer

Glad to hear bridging is alive and well in California! That saves a lot of $!

MommyLove likes this.
  6. Kender

Kender DIS Veteran

It's a YMMV situation since bridging isn't official policy at DLR. It's ideal to be prepared bridging won't happen, but hope it will. Many do have luck with it, though.

7. Whistlebee

Whistlebee Mouseketeer

Agree. I’ve always had the price bridged on LMT tickets.

MommyLove likes this.
  8. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

The only risk would be losing any benefits that are grandfathered into your current AP, e.g. parking, PP, MP, etc. If you downgrade to a pass that doesn't have those benefits, you will lose them by letting your current pass expire. However, if you upgrade to a pass that has those benefits or stay at the same level with those benefits, e.g. Sig to Sig (parking, but no PP or MP) or Sig+ to Sig+ (parking, PP, and MP), then you shouldn't lose anything. As a pp noted, be prepared not to have the LMT discount applied to your AP price -- LMT discounts usually do apply, but Murphy's Law can happen at the booths, too. So just be prepared to pay the full price if you have to.

9. SOCALMouseMommy

SOCALMouseMommy DIS Veteran

Thank you! I would be getting another Sig for me and upgrading my son to Sig from Deluxe. If they don’t bridge I’m not losing money, just not saving anything, correct?

10. theluckyrabbit

I think so. They will apply the value of the tickets (as coded into the tickets) and have you pay the difference to the current price of 2 Sig. APs. Don't forget to factor in the increase for adding on MP, if you plan to add that on to both passes. That would be an additional $200, no discount. If I'm figuring the math correctly, worst case scenario, you would pay the difference between the old price of 5 day hoppers (because LMT tickets usually get credit for full value) and the new price of Sig. APs, plus MP. Right?

11. SOCALMouseMommy

SOCALMouseMommy DIS Veteran

I think I’ll try it. Can’t hurt and if they don’t bridge I’ll just have put down a larger deposit.

kirstie101 likes this.
  12. DLgal

DLgal DIS Veteran

They won't end the promotion early. They have never done that and they do these types of promotions every year. You will be able to buy the ticket through May 20, and it must be used by May 23.

Skyegirl1999 likes this.
  13. az4boys

az4boys DIS Veteran

I agree. I don't think I've heard of Disney changing the terms of a promotion after it has been announced, unless it is a positive change for guests. I think this is their way of making sure the parks will stay busy through May.

14. cmwade77

cmwade77 DIS Veteran

Just a heads up, the grandfathered items are only valid for one renewal now, has been that way since at least October, as when our friend went to renew her pass, was told that photopass would no longer be included, so if they have already renewed once with grandfathered benefits, they most likely won't be able to renew again with the grandfathered benefits, but as with all things Disney, YMMV as they are consistently inconsistent.

15. theluckyrabbit

That "Disney inconsistency" is what makes each renewal an adventure! I think as long as SOCALMouseMommy purchases MP with her Sig APs, she'll be good for parking, MP, and PP. So the grandfathering in issue won't matter. It'll just be a question of whether she gets any discount credited with her LMT tickets.

16. Kender

Kender DIS Veteran

To be safe, I would also activate those tickets by entering one of the parks just in case before attempting to use them to upgrade with.

MommyLove likes this.
  17. DizMe

DizMe Here we gooooo...

This happened to me, I think. I renewed my Sig pass in October and was told the PP was no longer grandfathered in. I went in Dec and sure enough, no more PP. After posting about it here, I was told by a few people that it should still be included so I called the Disneyland AP number. It took a few days for them to check it out but they did reinstate my PP perk. I don't honestly know what the official rule is on it now, but there isn't any written indication that it's only good for one renewal so I would recommend calling if it happens.

MommyLove likes this.
  18. theluckyrabbit

I remember your post on this issue. Glad you were able to talk with someone about it and to get it reinstated on your pass!

DizMe and MommyLove like this.
  19. lugnut33

lugnut33 DIS Veteran

It's this very normal situation that blows my mind on these price increases and how much more Disney will be able to extract. Think about it, if you have a family of 4 Disney is going to get $1200 more from you just like that.

Turksmom likes this.
  20. Guy in Fargo

Guy in Fargo Earning My Ears

Yes. If you give them your money they will give you passes. That's how a market economy works!

21. Kender

Kender DIS Veteran

I wonder what's going on since the official word on the terms of service say nothing about a one time renewal grandfathering for the benefit. Attached a screenshot of what it says online. It just says you have to keep it renewed and never let it lapse. I can't find anything about it beyond that. It's extremely odd that I've seen more than just you run into this issue, though. But speaks volumes, in my opinion, you were able to get it back. It was never supposed to be removed.

I'm really concerned that this is one of the things that's clearly on Disney's website, but it seems it's not always being upheld :crazy2:

Attached Files:

B3rlingirl and DizMe like this.