Surprise AP & Ticket Increase

So you're saying when I scan my UT tickets linked in my DL app for park admission, that a gate agent will hand me a paper ticket?

No. This will NOT automatically happen! We had scanned our tickets from LMT into the DL app and used that to get in at the gate, and while they did take our pics, they did NOT give us the card-sized paper tickets that you can use for the fast pass machines. This was on Dec 30th. It was also a problem to not have the card-sized paper tickets when we went to upgrade to APs. The gal at the ticket booth didn't know what to do and had to get a manager who generated those card-sized tickets as part of the paperwork to covert to APs even though WE wouldn't be needing those again after we upgraded.

Last edited:
No. This will NOT automatically happen! We had scanned our tickets from LMT into the DL app and used that to get in at the gate, and while they did take our pics, they did NOT give us the card-sized paper tickets that you can use for the fast pass machines. This was on Dec 30th. It was also a problem to not have the card-sized paper tickets when we went to upgrade to APs. The gal at the ticket booth didn't know what to do and had to get a manager who generated those card-sized tickets as part of the paperwork to covert to APs even though WE wouldn't be needing those again after we upgraded.

Uh, that's not normal. They were supposed to give you the hard, paper tickets along with taking your picture. I've seen them not take pictures when it's busy (NYE they didn't take my friends' pictures until several hours later when it had calmed down from morning entry and we hopped to DCA from DL... but they were definitely given their hard, paper tickets they bought from LMT and both had them scanned from their phones), but never seen them not give the tickets.

Not quite sure what happened there, but there was a big glitch in the system for you most definitely. The trouble you had later and the fact the CM needed a supervisor to handle it says the situation was highly unusual.

Sorry to hear that happened to you :(. It's definitely not normal.

[
That is not the normal operation. Perhaps the gate person didn't notice the tickets when he scanned you thru since you weren't handing him vouchers. That is the only thing I can think of.

That's good that it's not the normal procedure. Hopefully anyone reading about my experience will know to make sure they get those card-sized tickets issued to them at the gate.

Not really. WDW FP+ does not include photos like MP does. So you have to pay for those at WDW. As much as $200 for MemoryMaker.

And if you count your time as worth anything, FP+ takes time ahead of your trip. MP takes zero time ahead of your trip. On Dec 31 a week ago I was up at 5AM to make my FP+ reservations for WDW in early March (a short 3 day trip). Plus I have a lot of sunk time in learning the FP+ system over the last few years whereas MP is much more straightforward to anyone who knows the legacy paper FP system.

:wizard:
This is exactly why WDW doesn't appeal to our family. We love the flexibility of the DLR FP system. Waking up at 5am to pre-plan my FPs for months away isn't our style at all. I even have to fight my DH to have table service reservations as it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!