Surprise AP & Ticket Increase

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by Kender, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Cinderella94

Cinderella94 I miss my tags!

Hi all, I know this is a very basic question but just want to be sure. A few months ago I bought our 2 day park hoppers with MP that we will be using next Friday and Saturday, Jan 18 and 19. Are my tickets ready to use as they are now, or will I have to pay the difference to reflect the increase at the gate?

Thanks!

2. BecAus

BecAus Mouseketeer

You'll be good to go if you've already bought your tickets - the new price won't apply to previously purchased tickets.

midnight star and Cinderella94 like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. MommyLove

MommyLove currently scrapbooking our Disney trips

No. This will NOT automatically happen! We had scanned our tickets from LMT into the DL app and used that to get in at the gate, and while they did take our pics, they did NOT give us the card-sized paper tickets that you can use for the fast pass machines. This was on Dec 30th. It was also a problem to not have the card-sized paper tickets when we went to upgrade to APs. The gal at the ticket booth didn't know what to do and had to get a manager who generated those card-sized tickets as part of the paperwork to covert to APs even though WE wouldn't be needing those again after we upgraded.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  5. Kender

Kender DIS Veteran

Uh, that's not normal. They were supposed to give you the hard, paper tickets along with taking your picture. I've seen them not take pictures when it's busy (NYE they didn't take my friends' pictures until several hours later when it had calmed down from morning entry and we hopped to DCA from DL... but they were definitely given their hard, paper tickets they bought from LMT and both had them scanned from their phones), but never seen them not give the tickets.

Not quite sure what happened there, but there was a big glitch in the system for you most definitely. The trouble you had later and the fact the CM needed a supervisor to handle it says the situation was highly unusual.

Sorry to hear that happened to you :(. It's definitely not normal.

gottalovepluto and MommyLove like this.
  6. Malcon10t

Malcon10t DIS Veteran

[
    That is not the normal operation. Perhaps the gate person didn't notice the tickets when he scanned you thru since you weren't handing him vouchers. That is the only thing I can think of.

gottalovepluto and MommyLove like this.
  7. MommyLove

MommyLove currently scrapbooking our Disney trips

That's good that it's not the normal procedure. Hopefully anyone reading about my experience will know to make sure they get those card-sized tickets issued to them at the gate.

gottalovepluto and Kender like this.
  8. StarlitNight05

StarlitNight05 DIS Veteran

This is exactly why WDW doesn't appeal to our family. We love the flexibility of the DLR FP system. Waking up at 5am to pre-plan my FPs for months away isn't our style at all. I even have to fight my DH to have table service reservations as it is!