sure wish parents would watch their kids

Ok let me put it this way is it acceptable for kids aged 4 and 5 to sit by themselves wrestle on bus seats While the parents do nothing. I’ve now seen signs that say to supervise your children this year. I can see that some of you think this ok. I think I’ve probably said to much already. Sure all kids wrestle and can be loud but there’s a time and place for everything and what we saw was not the time or place. But I’ll just let this be.

Ok let me put it this way is it acceptable for kids aged 4 and 5 to sit by themselves wrestle on bus seats While the parents do nothing. I’ve now seen signs that say to supervise your children this year. I can see that some of you think this ok. I think I’ve probably said to much already. Sure all kids wrestle and can be loud but there’s a time and place for everything and what we saw was not the time or place. But I’ll just let this be.
Of course I don’t think that is appropriate. My irritation is more with the other poster who expressed dispersions on this generation of youth with generalities. I will say as a mother of two adult men, when I travel now, I just enjoy the fact that those little ones aren’t my monkies and not my circus.

Of course I don’t think that is appropriate. My irritation is more with the other poster who expressed dispersions on this generation of youth with generalities. I will say as a mother of two adult men, when I travel now, I just enjoy the fact that those little ones aren’t my monkies and not my circus.
Love this. Myself, I'm not a people-watcher; I don't find scrutinizing strangers in a public setting to be entertaining and it takes a good deal to even attract my attention. Most of all, the relief of knowing I don't need to fix it outweighs the worst of any irritation at kid-behaviour situations.

In retrospect, I wish I had allowed our boy to show a little dash of hellry (an old family term for mischief) now and then. I was always hyper-focused on making sure he didn't bother anybody; it was stressful for both of us. If I had it to do again, I'd let him be a little wild once-in-a-while. It wouldn't have permanently hurt anyone and might have made a few special memories. :cloud9:

Love this. Myself, I'm not a people-watcher; I don't find scrutinizing strangers in a public setting to be entertaining and it takes a good deal to even attract my attention. Most of all, the relief of knowing I don't need to fix it outweighs the worst of any irritation at kid-behaviour situations.

In retrospect, I wish I had allowed our boy to show a little dash of hellry (an old family term for mischief) now and then. I was always hyper-focused on making sure he didn't bother anybody; it was stressful for both of us. If I had it to do again, I'd let him be a little wild once-in-a-while. It wouldn't have permanently hurt anyone and might have made a few special memories. :cloud9:
Let’s take this thread in a different direction — can we all agree that people watching is an odd and somewhat perverse pastime? Seriously, mind your own business, ya weirdo!

ETA: I want to be clear that I’m not specifically referring to the OP. She saw what was happening because she found their behavior distracting. The “weirdos” I’m referring to are the people who admit to sitting on benches and people-watching to pass the time.

Last edited:
While I don't think the behavior is okay, I don't see the point in stressing over it or judging others for what they're doing (or not doing). When I go to Disney or any public place, I expect kids to be rambunctious and in some cases, misbehaving. It's especially annoying when the parents do nothing about it. I just think to myself that those kids aren't my problem and soon enough I'll be back to my nice, childfree hotel room.

Also the generalizations about younger people not having manners or morals is just........yikes.

Let’s take this thread in a different direction — can we all agree that people watching is an odd and somewhat perverse pastime? Seriously, mind your own business, ya weirdo!
Right? And let's add "get a life." It always amazes me that people, in a setting like a Disney park and most likely in the company of their own family or friends, would rather watch what strangers are doing than stay in their own moment. :sad2:

Oh yeah. I’ve seen parents like that before. Totally clueless! They were probably both raised by parents who didn’t pay any attention to them either. Manners and morals don’t even exist anymore for a big part of the younger generation. That’s a big part of what’s wrong with our country.
Manners and morals according to who?

Typically when someone disparages young people like this it’s because they don’t like that kids these days have thoughts and feelings of their own that may differ from theirs and dare to say it out loud. My kids are unfailing polite but if you say or do something crappy that they disagree with they’ll call you out and they one hundred percent have my permission to do so.

Publicly shaming strangers on a message board isn’t very respectful either . So there’s that. 🤷‍♀️
Yeah but IDK on that one. The poster in question has made (created them not just made a comment here and there) multiple threads about their marriage and family and many have sent advice on how to get the husband to be considerate of her and help out around the house and life. On that one it's more like an unintended irony saying what they said towards the OP's gripe.

Love this! DS is 4 & most of the time I do just what you say you did b/c I don’t want him to bother anyone else. But, DH is much more laid back so he helps balance. Nothing like what the OP described. But that would be more b/c I would be worried they would get hurt. And sometimes when I think he’s bothering someone else, the person will say something like “I’ve been there or I miss those days”!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter