Support Group - 10 lbs or less

I hope everyone's doing well bouncing back from the weekend!

I'm down another 1.6lbs so I'm 0.4lbs lighter than when I weighed myself last Friday. I am starting to hate that I can't figure out how much I weigh because I fluctuate so much!! This is the lowest number I've seen on the scale in a few weeks though, so that's positive :goodvibes

Ran last night for 2 miles on the boardwalk with a friend. It was nice, I probably could have gone longer but I had run 3 miles the day before so I didn't want to overdo it. I think I'm getting a blister on my toe though :rolleyes:

Tonight is a kettle bell class with DBF... I haven't done this before so I'm hoping it won't kill me to the point of not being able to run on Thursday.

And I got my Garmin 305 in the mail last night so I'm super excited to start using it!

I'm in the final couple days before my trip to FL aka time to wear the bikini! I'm really trying to be good in the final push with eating and gym, but I'm all bloaty, it's time for my monthly friend....talk about bad timing!

Congrats MommyMcQueen on the shins not hurting! It's a wonderful thing to not be in tons of pain after running. I'm finally mostly there and it's great :goodvibes I always have multiple ways to work out (Wii fit, outside, I am a gym member) but if I go on vacation, sometimes I just have to give up and realize I won't get it in (and watch my calories). I travelled all of December and lost a ton of progress but jumped back on in January. I don't think a few days would be that bad, esp if you're walking a lot. Can you do any indoor exercises when it's raining? Like exercise videos or anything?

Thanks Karen! My shins have been feeling good, hoping to do W2D2 tonight and see how they feel after that. I do have an elliptical and a Wii that I use indoors. I don't have a Wii Fit, so I play a lot of tennis and also have the Active game, but I have not been using that. I did a 30 day training session back in February then I quit - but I want to start using it again after I'm back from my trip next week, want to start a little strength training on my off-walk days.

I would love to join a gym again but we live out in the boonies and it takes 30 minutes to drive to the closest Y, so when I do a class and drive home, I'm gone for a good 2 hours every night - hard to do with little kids and a DH who has 1-2 night meetings a week. I had joined one winter a couple years ago and it was fun and I enjoyed it, but it got tough being gone from the family every night (not to mention the icy country roads). We got the elliptical after that - and it is a good workout as long as I GET ON AND DO IT!!!! :laughing:

I'll be in Washington DC this weekend so I know we'll be walking a lot but also eating out all meals. :guilty: So I'm a little worried, if I can come home and not gained I'll be happy.

I hope everyone's doing well bouncing back from the weekend!

I'm down another 1.6lbs so I'm 0.4lbs lighter than when I weighed myself last Friday. I am starting to hate that I can't figure out how much I weigh because I fluctuate so much!! This is the lowest number I've seen on the scale in a few weeks though, so that's positive :goodvibes

Ran last night for 2 miles on the boardwalk with a friend. It was nice, I probably could have gone longer but I had run 3 miles the day before so I didn't want to overdo it. I think I'm getting a blister on my toe though :rolleyes:

Tonight is a kettle bell class with DBF... I haven't done this before so I'm hoping it won't kill me to the point of not being able to run on Thursday.

And I got my Garmin 305 in the mail last night so I'm super excited to start using it!

Great job on your running Karen! And on the weight loss! The fluctuations are hard - I feel the same way, you just never really know where you're REALLY at.

I had a much better day yesterday, (I confess - a tiny bit of candy) and I did 45 minutes on my elliptical since it was raining here. I did really good on my meals too, but when I weighed myself this morning there was no change...still up 2 pounds. :mad: Planning to walk W2D2 or do elliptical (if its raining) today and I'm hoping that when I weigh tomorrow morning it'll be down a little bit!!

I guess I'm starting to see more clearly why I'm not losing weight - it takes me 3-4 days to recover from the weekend and then have 1-2 good days then weekend is back and I gain again. :headache: I think if I can get my weekend eating under better control and be sure to exercise over the weekend I can make better progress. I've always struggled on weekends - by Friday night I'm so sick of cooking meals and I just want a night off so we go out to dinner. The rest of the weekend we're running around doing stuff, grabbing meals on the go or snacking popcorn:: while watching a movie. It's gotta stop!!

I along with a lot of others gained this weekend :(. Up 3 pounds on Monday. Today I am down 2 of those but still way higher than I would like. I'm going to amp up my water intake today and lower my WW points for the day. I have found that by varying my points I lose easier. I've accepted that I wont reach my goal by next Saturday. But I will still do my best :thumbsup2

I am working out hard this week but NOT LOSING! I am getting super frustrated! :headache:
going to run...again...today...and again..tomorrow..lol!

I need to lose 11.6 pounds, can I still join? :flower3:
I just joined the gym recently, and I'm hoping to lose these 11 pounds by June, which is do-able, right? My gym is right next to my work, so I just go to the gym right after work. (It's a 24/7 gym...so convenient for those late shifts!)

I need to lose 11.6 pounds, can I still join? :flower3:
I just joined the gym recently, and I'm hoping to lose these 11 pounds by June, which is do-able, right? My gym is right next to my work, so I just go to the gym right after work. (It's a 24/7 gym...so convenient for those late shifts!)

No you can't join. It says 10lbs or less! :teacher:

:lmao: Of course you can join!!! The more the merrier :goodvibes And yes, 11lbs is totally doable as long as you're diligent. These last few are the worst. Only if I'm really really good do I start to drop on the scale. I'm hoping more training for races will help me drop weight. Soo frustrating sometimes.

Heck I don't even really know how much I want to lose since my weight fluctuates 5 lbs up or down over a week! Some days I want to lose 7lbs, some days I want to lose 12 :laughing:

No you can't join. It says 10lbs or less! :teacher:

:lmao: Of course you can join!!! The more the merrier :goodvibes And yes, 11lbs is totally doable as long as you're diligent. These last few are the worst. Only if I'm really really good do I start to drop on the scale. I'm hoping more training for races will help me drop weight. Soo frustrating sometimes.

Heck I don't even really know how much I want to lose since my weight fluctuates 5 lbs up or down over a week! Some days I want to lose 7lbs, some days I want to lose 12 :laughing:

:)
Same with the fluctuation! I only weigh myself in the morning because I'm always 2 pounds lighter than at night. I guess it's a self esteem thing. :p

:)
Same with the fluctuation! I only weigh myself in the morning because I'm always 2 pounds lighter than at night. I guess it's a self esteem thing. :p

I do the exact same thing! Def makes me feel better to weigh in when I first wake up!

Has anyone ever done a kettlebell class before? O. M. G. I likely won't be able to walk tomorrow. I'll actually be happy to be able to sit up. It was ridiculous. I doubt I'm going to get in my run tomorrow!!

When you're super sore from a new workout... do you do anything the next day? Take a walk? Just rest?

Has anyone ever done a kettlebell class before? O. M. G. I likely won't be able to walk tomorrow. I'll actually be happy to be able to sit up. It was ridiculous. I doubt I'm going to get in my run tomorrow!!

When you're super sore from a new workout... do you do anything the next day? Take a walk? Just rest?

Whenever I'm super sore from a new workout - I eat better! :rotfl:

Seriously, passing up all the cupcakes and junk offered at work is a lot easier when my muscles are screaming, "HEY! Why did you do this to us?!?!"

Alright - I'll play... I want to be down exactly 10 pounds.

The past two weeks have been awful - I've been sick and can barely breathe walking up the stairs, much less take my usual classes or go on my runs...

Anyway - anyone here of that study? - woman cannot lose weight by excersize alone! They need to drastically change their diet. Or - that woman over 40 need to spend an hour a day of activity to just MAINTAIN their current weight. So not fair.

Which would explain why I'm at the same number after a really good year of workouts, runs, etc... I eat like crap!

So my focus is trying to eat better (sounds like a lot of you in the thread have the same issue).

It's just so hard...

Normally I'll take a rest to make sure I'm ready to go for the next day.

take a walk or do soem light yoga and STRETCH! (after your walk when muscles are a little warmed up) but I wouldn't do anything heavy

:welcome: mccathy!!
if i'm really sore i take the next day off or do yoga

i put off my workout this morning for that reason ;) my legs felt like lead all day yesterday after my walk. it's from Tues workout.

i've never done KB class but i know what you are talking about. it is kinda nice though to feel that soreness which tells you that you hit muscles in a new way and they are rebuilding.

It's the next day now and yeah, I'm definitely feeling it!!

I love taking classes at the gym, and remember that "first time after" feeling that you get where you're sore, etc. But this time is... ridiculous! My inner thighs are sooo sore. I started taking Body Pump twice a week a few months ago and built up some muscle - I can't imagine if I didn't before taking this class! It's freaking amazing what a workout you get. So yeah I'm hurting! Maybe this is a good time to break out the yoga on Wii fit since I haven't used it since we got it in December!

Positive news though is that I really am seeing some changes in my body lately. My legs are getting more muscular and I'm overall feeling better. :)

I have another question for you all... there's a 10K on Memorial day weekend- Saturday at 8am. My DBF has a big group of friends from college that I love, and there are always people coming into town on holiday weekends (we live at the beach). So likely there will be people visiting and getting together Friday night of that weekend as a kickoff to the holiday. He's hesitant to agree to a 10K that morning because he knows there will be a lot going on that weekend, and prob that Fri night. I'd like to have something to train for, as sort of a dress rehearsal for my 10K in October, and the Half in march- and overall I want to get serious about running and get more in shape before summer. He isn't that serious about running, partly because it's not a challenge for him. He can run relatively fast on a regular basis without training.

Should I just go ahead and commit myself to the 10K without him or anyone else and just not go out on that Friday? I'm kind of worried about doing this totally alone. But if I'm going to do it, I need to start training now.

:confused3

It's the next day now and yeah, I'm definitely feeling it!!

I love taking classes at the gym, and remember that "first time after" feeling that you get where you're sore, etc. But this time is... ridiculous! My inner thighs are sooo sore. I started taking Body Pump twice a week a few months ago and built up some muscle - I can't imagine if I didn't before taking this class! It's freaking amazing what a workout you get. So yeah I'm hurting! Maybe this is a good time to break out the yoga on Wii fit since I haven't used it since we got it in December!

Positive news though is that I really am seeing some changes in my body lately. My legs are getting more muscular and I'm overall feeling better. :)

I have another question for you all... there's a 10K on Memorial day weekend- Saturday at 8am. My DBF has a big group of friends from college that I love, and there are always people coming into town on holiday weekends (we live at the beach). So likely there will be people visiting and getting together Friday night of that weekend as a kickoff to the holiday. He's hesitant to agree to a 10K that morning because he knows there will be a lot going on that weekend, and prob that Fri night. I'd like to have something to train for, as sort of a dress rehearsal for my 10K in October, and the Half in march- and overall I want to get serious about running and get more in shape before summer. He isn't that serious about running, partly because it's not a challenge for him. He can run relatively fast on a regular basis without training.

Should I just go ahead and commit myself to the 10K without him or anyone else and just not go out on that Friday? I'm kind of worried about doing this totally alone. But if I'm going to do it, I need to start training now.

:confused3

Would any of your friends who are coming in be able to run with you? And maybe you could go out Friday night, just drink water. :) And go home early?

I think it would be hard for me to commit to a run without a friend... but if you can, then do it!

I'm feeling frustrated! I'm training hard for my triathlon and (was) eating carefully and haven't lost anything and my clothes feel the same! So of course, that's a good reason for a multi-day binge, right? :sad2: All right, back at it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter