Support Group - 10 lbs or less

Also for the shins, work on strengthening your calves. One simple way to do it is calf raises while you are brushing your teeth. Another exercise is duck walk, walking on your heels, start out for just for just a short time and increase the time you can do it. Also really stretch the calves after running. Can you tell I've had problems with my shins in the past? It is most often due to doing too much too fast, so if you stick with C25K you should be ok. If it gets bad there is a tape that you can use, but you would have to get a PT to show you how to use it probably.

My shins are hurting a little today because I did a speed interval workout the other day. But not too bad, just a little tight.

I am trying not to go to the grocery store this week before we leave town this weekend. But Monday I am going to go stock up on fruits and veggies. I am such a snacker, but I'm thinking if I stuff myself with fruits and veggies I won't have room for the chips and cookies.

I like how I go out and buy two running skirts and your blog says 67% of people (who read US weekly) say they're silly :lmao:

Ok so I spent $250 on running stuff tonight :eek: Good thing this isn't the budget board! :laughing: At least it's cheaper than my other hobby (photography).

I bought:
-new running shoes (Saucony) that are INSANELY comfortable. I can't believe I didn't go back sooner. Having someone help you makes such a difference.
- new sports bra
- two "athletic skirts"
- 3 pairs of running socks

heatherlynn~ I just couldn't do the running skirt! I like the shorts underneath. Maybe they'll end up riding up, but I just can't bring myself to run in a skirt with undies underneath it. :rotfl: I'm excited tho- one is a Nike brand and one is New Balance. They did have your brand there but only on clearance in size 0 and 2 (not me). I liked the fabric! I'm going to try one of them out either tomorrow or Thursday.

HAHA I will bet you anything the ppl who said it is silly have never run a mile in their lives!!!
Once you try a running skirt I doubt you will go back!!! It was weird for me at first, i felt "exposed" but now I love it

HAHA I will bet you anything the ppl who said it is silly have never run a mile in their lives!!!
Once you try a running skirt I doubt you will go back!!! It was weird for me at first, i felt "exposed" but now I love it

Maybe once I get rid of a little of the "jiggle" in my thighs I'll be more up to spankies or whatever they are under there :lmao: I think I'm going to try it out tomorrow so we'll see how they work! I'm super excited about the running shoes too.

I was down another 2.2lbs today from yesterday so I officially have lost the water weight from the weekend (and I officially believe it really was water weight :)). So I'm back at 135.0. Goal is 125-130 fluctuations, not 135-140 fluctuations! I've got dinner out with a friend tonight but am going to go to the gym first, and have already scoped out the menu for something I hope will be healthy-ish.

MommyMcQueen~ congrats on the 10 lb mark!!! :banana:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 MommyMcQueen!

on icing shins -- i have been after every walk, but not off-walk days. i have wondered that myself and I will ask my PT on Monday. I ice them even if they don't hurt after a walk

a little hiccup in the eating yesterday, took my DD and friend to the mall and they choose BD Mongolian BBQ to eat, i limited myself to one bowl and choose a lower cal/fat sauce. Also i tried to boost the protein and added tofu, not really a tofu eater but it didn't taste really at all. no rice

i'm dressed for yoga later this morning....

GREAT JOB to those who are reporting losses!! :cool1: tomorrow is my WI day, i'm not real hopeful ...

Can I join? I need/want to lose about 5-7 more pounds. I'm REALLY struggling. In part because I do WW (the old version from 2001 when I joined) and I am at the point where the points change. I weigh 150 and have been eating 23-28 points a day. When you drop below 150 the points are 18-23. So it's really tricky trying to figure it all out.

Has anyone taken a Bickram Yoga class? My BF and I are taking one tomorrow, and I'm just a little curious. I used to do yoga before I had surgery last summer, but haven't been back, as per the advice of my orthopedic surgeon. He didn't want me stretching the ligaments too much until they were really healed.

a little hiccup in the eating yesterday, took my DD and friend to the mall and they choose BD Mongolian BBQ to eat, i limited myself to one bowl and choose a lower cal/fat sauce. Also i tried to boost the protein and added tofu, not really a tofu eater but it didn't taste really at all. no rice

Good job on the self restraint!!! Stuff like that is my downfall because I look at it as an opportunity to cheat ("Oh I never come here, I might as well get whatever I want" etc etc).

I had a similar experience last night- tried to make the best of an eating out situation. I went out with a friend to one of my fav restaurants that has a LOT of really unhealthy meals. I got a half a chicken, with black beans and string beans as sides and ate half. Failure was that I ate the piece of cornbread that came with it (sooo high calorie but soo good), and the string beans were covered in butter or something. I also had two drinks, but made it liquor and diet so they were pretty low cal. I actually ended up another pound lighter this morning to 134 :rotfl:

Going out with DBF tomorrow to a mexican place... what the heck can I get there that isn't totally bad?? Fajitas?? I know taco salads are deadly and most everything else is too!

pixie~ what is Bickram Yoga??

:cheer2: Welcome lecach!!:cheer2: Those last few pounds really are the hardest! I totally sympathize.

Bickram yoga classes are held in extreme heat to help you "sweat out" all the toxins. They're generally longer than your regular yoga class, ours is 90 min.

Also for the shins, work on strengthening your calves. One simple way to do it is calf raises while you are brushing your teeth. Another exercise is duck walk, walking on your heels, start out for just for just a short time and increase the time you can do it. Also really stretch the calves after running. Can you tell I've had problems with my shins in the past? It is most often due to doing too much too fast, so if you stick with C25K you should be ok. If it gets bad there is a tape that you can use, but you would have to get a PT to show you how to use it probably.
Thanks for the tip! I've been doing the calf raises a couple times a day. I did my W1D2 yesterday and it wasn't too bad! Shins were a little sore but not as bad as I thought it would be. We'll see how it goes in the next couple of weeks when the running increases!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 MommyMcQueen!

on icing shins -- i have been after every walk, but not off-walk days. i have wondered that myself and I will ask my PT on Monday. I ice them even if they don't hurt after a walk

Thanks ohMom! I think I'll plan to ice them after every walk even if they don't hurt - been feeling okay so far, just a little sore, but deinitely managable. Iced yesterday and it seems to have helped a lot!

I can't believe tomorrow is by W1D3, then the running starts increasing - I'm a little worried about that. I feel like I'm barely making it through the little 1 minutes cycles I'm doing now! :eek:

Diet is going well this week - I've got carrots and caulifour I've been eating in place of chips or for a snack, and been drinking tons of water - epsecially after my walks. Down another pound - 13 to go! The weekend will be a challenge, I think we're going out to dinner tonight, and then easter will be double meals - lunch at one family, dinner at the other - I really need to watch the portions and NOT go back for seconds!

I can't believe tomorrow is by W1D3, then the running starts increasing - I'm a little worried about that. I feel like I'm barely making it through the little 1 minutes cycles I'm doing now! :eek:

You can always repeat a week if you don't feel ready to increase the run segments. I've been known to do this when my running isn't very consistent.

Another weekend of bad decisions :guilty: Drank a lot yesterday, ate "crap" and then today ate and drank a ton at a friend's parents house. I feel SO full and just gross. Argh. Next weekend we're getting ready for my parents' visit the weekend after so hopefully we won't be going out at all! Salads again for lunch this week. I did great during the week last week though.

On Sat morning we ran our 5K. Really foggy and in the high 50's, not bad. I was surprised how well organized it was (it was a "first annual" race). My goal was 33 minutes and I made it in 32:39 :banana: So that's 10:32 miles. I normally run 11 min miles, and in the 8K I did a few weeks ago I was about 10:40 or something. So all in all pretty good!

I hope everyone had a great Easter!! :flower3:

Been doing well with the exercise, getting in an hour of cardio and 30 min of weight lifting 5 times a week, but the eating....ooooo the eating! I've got to clean up my act this week, bc next Saturday I'll be in a bikini, and I don't want to blind anyone (and let's face it, tanning can only help so much lol)

the Easter goodies have got me too! i have minimal candy left, but i know me and it's very hard to set limits for each day. ugh. Also my DD brought home a bag full of unique/Kinder candy from Spain. ugh

i meant to get up first thing and get my walk in before PT...that didn't happen. apparently i rolled over and went back to sleep. ugh

Up 4.6lbs from Friday :scared1:

The next three weekends look quiet for eating/drinking activities though, so I'm going to work on being good! Tonight is leftovers from last week (garlic, basil shrimp w/ veggies) and lunch is leftovers as well- chicken breast and green beans. I'm going for a run tonight after work, and a run tomorrow w/ my friend- need to take advantage of this nice (80s-ish) weather before it goes away!!

No real news to report but I wanted to say I just realized that today is my 5 year DIS-anniversary! :cheer2:

Bad weekend here as well - I did not weight myself today, I don't want to know how much it's up - but I'm guessing it'll be like KarenA's 4-5 pounds. It is reasuring to know I'm not the only one who gains that much over a 2 day period...I just feel horrible this morning from how much I ate yesterday.:guilty:

Saturday I did my W1D3 of C25K, it went well but was sprinkling, I finished it but didn't walk much extra like I usually do due to the rain. Yesterday morning I did my elliptical 45 minutes in preparation of the days meals and candy, but I still ate horribly and ate WAY too much. Today I will do W2D1 this morning maybe even squeeze in some time on elliptical tonight to burn a few exta calories. NO CANDY today...I know if I even touch one piece I won't be able to stop eating it. Gotta eat good today and count my calories and stay on track!:thumbsup2

ok---NO CANDY starting tomorrow! i'm a train wreck

Happy Dis-Anniverysary Karen!

here's the scoop on icing shins -- according to my PT

Ice immediately after run/walk -- ice again that evening (i walk in the morning)
Ice once a day on non-run/walk days
Do NOT ice before a run/walk -- if you have long one planned ice the night before

I was excited this morning that the scale read a 1/2 lb lighter:banana: We ate our fair share of food this weekend too - Turkey, Lemon Pie, French Toast, Eggs, Hot Cross Buns, wine, beer and the list goes on. I stayed on track with completing W4D1 today and lifting weights yesterday. We spent most of the weekend either at the beach, boating, or a friend's pool. Wearing the swimsuit:scared1:has inspired me to keep trying.

Everyone have a great week!

ScubaMickey

ok---NO CANDY starting tomorrow! i'm a train wreck

here's the scoop on icing shins -- according to my PT

Ice immediately after run/walk -- ice again that evening (i walk in the morning)
Ice once a day on non-run/walk days
Do NOT ice before a run/walk -- if you have long one planned ice the night before

Thanks for the info on icing!! Great to know! My shins have been feeling suprisingly good - I'm amazed! I forgot to ice them on Saturday after my W1D3 and they were not sore at all. Yesterday I did W2D1, so I iced them after I got back even though they were feeling fine, and I'm not sore at all today - I am really amazed, this is the most I've ever ran and I can't believe they are not hurting. They were only sore after the first 2 walks.

I broke down and weighed myself today - up 2 pounds from the weekend. :guilty: I was not as good yesterday as I hoped to be, my meals were good and I did W2D1, but I did have some candy. I had a small dinner to try to balance out the calories, which only made me hungry in the evening and then I had a bag of popcorn! Uggh....I wish this candy was out of the house! I just put all remaining candy in a tupperware up in the highest cabinet - hopefully out of sight - out of mind!

I actually enjoyed W2D1 yesterday - they increased running was no problem, and I even did 2 extra 1.5 min cycles at the end, I felt really good. I need to do D2 tomorrow and they are calling for rain here. What do you guys do if you can't get out due to weather and don't have a treadmill? I guess I am worried about falling behind because I'm going to be out of town traveling Thursday-Sunday and probably won't be able to get a walk in (even though I'll be doing tons of walking on my trip), so if I miss tomorrow I'll be like a week behind, instead of just 1 walk which I can probably do on Sunday when I get home. Do I just I just pick up where I left off? :confused3

So I was 3.4lbs lighter this morning than yesterday morning :rotfl: Goes to show that weekend drinking/eating really makes a difference in water retention! Wow! So I'm only 1.2lbs heavier than last week still.

I went for a run in 88 degree weather. I made it three miles but there was this group of kids that was annoying the crap out of me. They'd sprint by me, then start walking, then as I caught up to them, they'd sprint again. After like 5 times of this they finally gave up. I realized at the end they were trying to beat me because one of the girls said something when I caught up to them again. It was so distracting and annoying. I just kept running at the same exact pace the whole time trying to ignore them :rolleyes: But I beat them all in the end :rotfl:

This afternoon I'm going for a run with a friend on the boardwalk. I'm excited- I haven't done that since my 8K. And I'm trying to figure out if I want to do anymore races- there's a 5K on May 1st that looks fun, and a 10K on May 29th that also looks really fun but it's memorial day weekend. I would probably do one not both, but I've never run 6+ miles before so the 10K kind of scares me.

Step AWAY from the candy everyone!!!! I have kept it out of the house so far, but I did break down and have some pasta salad from the weekend yesterday. :guilty:

Congrats MommyMcQueen on the shins not hurting! It's a wonderful thing to not be in tons of pain after running. I'm finally mostly there and it's great :goodvibes I always have multiple ways to work out (Wii fit, outside, I am a gym member) but if I go on vacation, sometimes I just have to give up and realize I won't get it in (and watch my calories). I travelled all of December and lost a ton of progress but jumped back on in January. I don't think a few days would be that bad, esp if you're walking a lot. Can you do any indoor exercises when it's raining? Like exercise videos or anything?

Scuba~ congrats on the 1/2 lb! I know what you mean about the bathing suit... I was in one for the first time this season on Saturday. MOTIVATION! ;)

ug. this weekend was not so good. went home to my parents house in New orleans..ate, and ate, and ate...and now have a bunch of candy. BLEH!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter