Support Group - 10 lbs or less

:welcome: Karen! we seem to have the same struggles and goal! you can most definately complete a 1/2 marathon!

I am home from our quick trip to FL, and where is everyone? i refuse to ditch this group, I really need a (smaller than BL) thread for my accountability! I have 10 lbs to lose before May 16 and sooner!

i ate wwaaayyyy too much in the 3 days I was gone, kept telling myself it was my 'last hurrah' before buckling down at home. now i am home and trying to give myself the pep talk...

I leave in 2 weeks for FL and I am also having a hard time sticking to my program. I try to go to the gym 5 days a week averaging about an 1hr of cardio on the eliptical each time, along with some weight training, bike, and stairmaster. I also am a HUGE FAN of the ab slide to tone up those problem areas. However with the current education situation in NJ, as a teacher I have been called into many afterschool meetings to discuss the current situation and have upped my tutoring hours to try to compensate for a pay cut I may be forced to take next year. This had made my energy and motivation level drop, as well as my free time! I generally eat pretty well and maybe have 1 or 2 "no no" items a week, but I feel I need to begin to restrict that as well beginning on Monday for my final push. As a last ditch effort to look goo din my bikini I have sold out and begun tanning, b/c let's face it, tan skin doesn't look as blobby as pale skin! Sigh.

:welcome: Karen! we seem to have the same struggles and goal! you can most definately complete a 1/2 marathon!

I am home from our quick trip to FL, and where is everyone? i refuse to ditch this group, I really need a (smaller than BL) thread for my accountability! I have 10 lbs to lose before May 16 and sooner!

i ate wwaaayyyy too much in the 3 days I was gone, kept telling myself it was my 'last hurrah' before buckling down at home. now i am home and trying to give myself the pep talk...

Did you go to Disney?? I don't want to ditch the group either.. I was waiting for someone to reply to the thread... I was beginning to feel like a thread killer :rotfl:

As a last ditch effort to look goo din my bikini I have sold out and begun tanning, b/c let's face it, tan skin doesn't look as blobby as pale skin! Sigh.

:laughing: My friends and I always say "tan fat looks better than pale fat." :lmao: I totally know the feeling. I tanned like crazy last year because I was in a wedding and had just started dating this *dreamy* guy (who I'm still with :love:) and felt really self conscious about getting in a bikini around him! Ha. I'm trying to hold back this year for the real sun. I know how bad it is for you and how much I love it! Argh.

This week went pretty well for me... legs were a little sore from the 8K but I worked out everyday but Wednesday (had a work outing).

Small triumphs for the week include:
-work dinner out was at an Italian restaurant and all 10 people got pizza or pasta and I had grilled chicken w/ spinach and broccoli :thumbsup2
- went out with a friend to Panera last night and got whole grain bread, and had a salad + soup for dinner (and added up the calories on the website before I went!)
- substituted a few tsp of flax meal instead of my normal natural pb in my morning oatmeal everyday this week.
- completing my 3 mile run on the treadmill yesterday even though I wanted to die

Failures include:
- 4 beers at the work outing.. NOT light :headache:

We're going away to a party out of town on Saturday, and meeting friends for lunch on Sunday. I NEED to be good. I've realized my weekends are KILLING me.

Btw- Panera already has calories up on their menu in the restaurant!

i know it girls...........weekends are my total killer too

unfortunately I didn't go to WDW....but no complaints. I went to panhandle to celebrated my BIL's retirement from 27 years in the Air Force

tomorrow i need to walk 7 miles and it has snowed here! most of it melted away today, but i'm not hopeful that walking outside will be an option as the temp are to dip below freezing again tonight. and i don't want to put it off much later than 9:30 or so.

Karen -- you had some great triumphs this week! i like that post -- the triumphs vs failures.

pixie -- sounds like a lot of negatives pulling you down, and rightfully so! i'm glad you have some time off ahead! your workout routine is amazing! and you are right, my ohio-pasty-white legs stood out like a sore thumb :teeth:

This weekend was a real foodie for me too. We went to visit the in-laws near Tampa, Florida, and food is the main entertainment. Cake, french toast, shepard's pie, shrimp, etc. The shrimp were fresh catch off the docks here in St. Augustine and I boiled them. Awesome!!! I did use cocktail instead of tarter sauce and I skipped all the donuts.:banana:

I got to wear shorts for the first time for four hours on Saturday:scared1: This winter has been cold and wet, it is raining now and we have the heat on again:scared1: Don't worry, must of us Floridians look pretty white right now too...

No walking today because of the rain, but I did lift weights.

ScubaMickey

Had buffalo fingers, onion strips, and conch fritters this week end ooopps! O yea and the sangria and dollar beers....sigh. Don't worry Scuba, you weren't the only one who went weak! However I did do 45 min on the eliptical, 20 min on the bike, and lifted weights today.

I would like to join too. I've been doing really well with exercise for about 2 or 3 months now since we bought a treadmill. I've been run/walking on the treadmill 3 days a week and doing Jillian Michaels DVDs 2 or 3 days a week. I had hoped that would be enough for me. But now I know I'm building muscles but can't see them because there is a layer of fat around my middle. I've have a horrible diet. I eat whatever I'm craving and whatever is handy when I'm in a hurry. That includes cookies for breakfast. It's definitely time to make a change, if I'm going to keep busting my butt working out, I want to get my diet in check so that I can see the results. I also want to feel great and full of energy to keep up with my 3 boys.

Mine too! I just can't seem to help myself. I drink, which is calories, and then my judgement is out the door and I eat bad foods. sigh. what a cycle!

I know. Drinking and dieting do not mix!

My friends and I always say "tan fat looks better than pale fat."

I thought I invented that saying.

I'm thinking about dropping my goal to 139.

I am checking in to say that I failed last week, and I am owning up to the fact that this week will be a failure as well. Friends are taking me out to lunch on Tuesday, and I am going out-of-town Fri-Mon (just me and hubby--the grandparents are holding down the fort). There's no way I will diet while on vacation, so I am not going to set myself up to be disappointed in myself.

I will formally begin working on my 10 pounds on April 5th. This will give me seven weeks before I go to the beach--that will be HUGE motivation!

I hope everyone has a great week! Shed lots of pounds. I will be back in the game next Monday!

I feel so bad being one of the ppl that lost 5lbs already and hearing everyone has been struggling with it, but I'm still shooting to lose more then that. I need to if I want to be healthier lol :goodvibes I'm doing a low calorie diet of a total of 1200 calories a day and walking at least once a day. So far I've lost 5lbs since I officially started on Wensday and I'm so happy :laughing: So go go go weightloss team!!:cool1:

I've set my goal at 118. I'd love to think there's a chance of me getting back to 113, but I'm letting that go. So I need to drop 7 lbs. Let's see if I can make that happen by June 12th (my best friend's wedding). I would even take a super toned 120!

This weekend was a real foodie for me too. We went to visit the in-laws near Tampa, Florida, and food is the main entertainment. Cake, french toast, shepard's pie, shrimp, etc. The shrimp were fresh catch off the docks here in St. Augustine and I boiled them. Awesome!!! I did use cocktail instead of tarter sauce and I skipped all the donuts.:banana:

I got to wear shorts for the first time for four hours on Saturday:scared1: This winter has been cold and wet, it is raining now and we have the heat on again:scared1: Don't worry, must of us Floridians look pretty white right now too...

No walking today because of the rain, but I did lift weights.

ScubaMickey

You live in St Augustine... isn't that close to Amelia Island?? I'm going there for a wedding in early June (part of the reason I'm pushing to lose the extra few lbs). It's going to be at the Ritz there, it looks like it's supposed to be a beautiful place!

Had buffalo fingers, onion strips, and conch fritters this week end ooopps! O yea and the sangria and dollar beers....sigh. Don't worry Scuba, you weren't the only one who went weak! However I did do 45 min on the eliptical, 20 min on the bike, and lifted weights today.

Looks like it wasn't the best weekend for most of us! I was good until around 7pm on Saturday. DBF and I got up early on Saturday and did a Body Combat class at the gym, had a healthy lunch and then went to the party. LOTS of beer and lots of munchies- chips, dips, etc (there was nothing healthy out! I couldnt believe it). Then in the am we had sausage egg and cheese sandwiches and went out to an italian place with friends for lunch. I got pasta which wasn't a good move but had still been feeling bad. That was about all I ate yesterday though. Redlight~ yeah, for sure drinking and dieting don't mix!!!

I'm back on the wagon this morning- had oatmeal w/ flax meal and raisins, and am having a salad and a yogurt for lunch. I need to get back to tracking on sparkpeople again. Plan for tonight is to run 3 miles and do something else- prob the ellipitical or bike! Wednesday is looking like it might be nice to run outside so I'll prob try to get in another run then- I'm doing my first 5K on Saturday :) Ok I've done an 8K but never a 5K before! I think I'm going to set my goal at 32min (to match my 8K pace from two weekends ago).

joining in! I am trying to lose between 5-8 pounds...bleh!
weekends are the death of me...Easter candy is the death of me...I do great with exercise, I have run 2 1/2 marathons since January and have a couple 5k's scheduled....but it's the food! ug.

Hi! Jumping in as well. I am 9 pounds away from goal and have been here for AGES. Ugh! I am very, very fit and active. Just completed the Princess Half Marathon a couple of weeks ago and am doing another Half shortly. So exercise isn't the problem.

Actually I have little idea as to WHAT the problem is. I eat REALLY well. Organic, vegetarian, etc. And I watch my calories (or WW points)--count and track everything and only allow a splurge day once every two weeks. And even those aren't huge. And like I said, I work out 6 out of 7 days per week. So honestly, I don't know what else I can do but there is CLEARLY about 10 pounds of extra chub that should not be there.

And at 5'2" well, 9 or 10 pounds is pretty noticeable.

So maybe others have great ideas for taking off the last few pounds--because I admit it, I am stumped!

We leave for DL in California on May 7th and I would love to be at goal by then. Of course, that is 5 weeks. 2 pounds per week is considered healthy weight loss, but even with doing everything right, I rarely see a week with a loss like that.

5'4'' so on the edge of the "short" category. I've been hovering around 135lbs and yea I'd say 125 is a goal but I don't know how possible that is. Maybe if I do really get more strict about food and running it can. I seem to bounce up and down a LOT throughout the week. On Friday I was 135.2, on Monday I'm now 139.2 :eek: but by tomorrow I'll prob be 137 or so, and by the end of the week at 135. Then hop up again on Monday. The lowest number I've seen on the scale in recent weeks was 133.8. If I could hover between 125 and 130 I'd be ecstatic.

I work out 5-6 days a week, min of 60 min each time (anything from Body Pump, to turbo kick, spinning, running, elliptical, etc) so I do a good mix of cadio and strength. The strength has been recent and I think that may have stalled my drop in number on the scale as well.

I did hit 127 about two years ago but I was working shift and barely eating while still working out a ton (upwards of 2 hrs a day). I was also in a really bad place in my life mentally so I think that contributed. I want to be a HEALTHY 127 again :)

3DisneyKids~ Did you like the Princess Half?? That's my goal for this year- to work up to that! princess:

I am short! 5'0". I weight 112. I would like to be around 105 that's when my pants fit well. I would also just like to eat more nutritious foods to feel better and stronger. I am also trying to kick the soda habit and drink more water. I usually have about one bottle of water a day while I am working out and that is it. The rest is soda. I have switched to diet soda, but now I'm getting more concerned about how bad all of that artificial sweetener and caffeine are for me.
I'm about to have mac n cheese for lunch just because I don't have any healthy options in the house and it needs to be eaten. Then I'm going to hit the treadmill while my little guy naps.

:welcome: to our newest friends!

i must say i feel like an amazon woman now...at 5'4" and a hefty 148! my goal is just under 140, so 10 lbs, but i fluctuate too. so my goal would be to see 138-141 every time i stepped on the scale.

i did succeed getting my 7 milers done on the TM on sat a.m.; watched Big Daddy to pass the time. I did 4 miles on the TM this morning and promptly made a dr appt as I sat and iced my shins afterwards. my scoliosis has kinked up my lower back something good as well. actually planning on scheduling a massage for later in the week. this week is a recovery week so my long walk is only 4 miles.

foodwise over the weekend -- had pizza and beer for late lunch on sat and yesterday caved pretty much. i scrapbooked all day and have a snack box in my corner, well of course i put my favorites in there and found myself eating hershey kisses and carmel cremes more often than i'd like to admit. i like the idea of a snack box but i'm no good at limiting myself to one treat per day. ugh

i did step on the scale sat morning and was appalled to see 152! that means i have more like 15 lbs to lose....double ugh

I totally understand about the fluctuating. I fluctuate between 135 and 140 and I would like to fluctuate between 128 and 132. I know I will never be a set number, since it changes everyday, but I want my low end right now to be my high end!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter