SuperStar Shuttle from Airport to Hotel after 8:30 pm

blackpearl77

DIS Veteran
Hi!
Has anyone used the superstar shuttle from the airport to their hotel (we are going to cabana bay) after 8:30 pm? It says if your flight arrives after 8:30 pm the desk is closed and to call for pickup. Our flight arrives at 8:25 pm so I'm sure the desk will be closed by the time we get off the plane. Anyone have issues with it being later at night? We are only doing it one way (since we will be going to disney after doing universal and then we will do magical express back to the airport) so for the 3 of us it would be $64 total and we will have 3 suitcases and carryons so a lot to fit in a regular taxi or uber. Just wanted to see if anyone has done it after the desk is closed. Just wondering if you call and then are stuck waiting a long time? Thanks!

I'll be following this, as we arrive late (I think 10pm), so we need to call. I'm keeping fingers crossed it's not a long wait!

Honestly, for only a few $ more, you might want to consider a town car - I think it is usually around $75 one-way to Universal and they will meet you at baggage claim, help you with your bags and even do a 30 minute grocery pit-stop if you want one. I have used one on almost every trip to Orlando and it is well worth it. There are several companies - Happy Limo, FL Tours, and many on The DIS speak very highly of Tony Hinds as well.

Highly recommend Tony Hinds. Him and his staff drive private vans, so their pricing should be on par with other shuttle services or even a little less. Very reliable and no additional stops.

Uber or Lyft will cost $35ish total. Save yourself some $ and know there’ll be plenty of cars available.

Uber or Lyft will cost $35ish total. Save yourself some $ and know there’ll be plenty of cars available.

Definitely an option but with 3 adults, 3 suitcases, and 3 carry-ons, an UberX vehicle may not suffice. UberXL pricing would be on par with the shuttle suggestions above.

On my recent visit I landed at 11:30PM

There is a number you call and they come get you - I may have had to wait 15 minutes after getting my luggage - but was no issue at all

With three people I'd probably look into Tony Hinds as others mentioned

I only use the shuttle when I go solo

Also if you book through AAA I think you have the option of booking a town car using Take Two Transportation
The AAA site takes you to the universal site - but has other options
Take Two can get you from the airport to universal and universal to Disney - I did this a few times in the past and it was very reasonable

I'd Guess Tony Hinds could do the same as well

Most Ubers or Lyfts are sedans. I would have no trouble fitting 3 people and their luggage in a sedan. :) An XL would maybe be $50. Still cheaper than the shuttle.

I’d use Tony. With a van there will be no problem fitting luggage. And same price one way as a shuttle for 3. I am using him in a few weeks and there’s only 2 of us. If I go solo I’d use the shuttle. Sometimes I go without daughter(s) and meet up with with friends that are coming in from other cities.

We just used the SuperStar shuttle last week and wouldn't recommend it. We had a late arrival and I called as soon as we got off the plane (just before 10pm). We were able to get our luggage quite quickly and ended up waiting quite a while. I called back at almost 10:25 to find out the status and again at 10:35 when it still hadn't arrived. They showed up shortly thereafter. Then, we even decided to cancel our trip back to the airport on departure day. We had an early (7:00 AM) flight and they wanted to pick us up at 4:00 AM. We used the on-demand chauffeur instead, leaving the hotel at 5:00 AM and we had plenty of time to make our flight, even with the mess that was the Spirit terminal that morning. It was worth it to us to spend the extra money and get almost an extra hour sleep.

Thanks everyone! I decided to use Tony Hinds instead of the shuttle. He responded to my email immediately! It was like less than 2 minutes!

Thanks everyone! I decided to use Tony Hinds instead of the shuttle. He responded to my email immediately! It was like less than 2 minutes!

You will be happy using Tony!

I have used him as a solo traveler since he started his company

Always prompt service and meets you inside at the carousel luggage pick up

He pays to park inside the airport and does not pass on any fees to you

If you need a grocery stop, free 30 minute wait for you to do so

If places will be closed before you arrive, Tony can shop for you in advance and you pay him
(I’m talking about basics, water, specific snacks)

Tony is a gem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!