Super low wait times?!

I remember last june/July were very slow as well. People were shocked at the low wait times. I had heard that MK parking lot was very empty this morning.

Hmm. Also worried now about our Sept 22-26 trip. Newbie here. I'd love any info on wait time trends/crowds in September. Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about fall wait times too much. Some parks will have some spikes here and there, but they're tied to different events (ie, weekends during Epcot F&W will be busier than weekdays; MK on party days; etc). Overall, since schools will be back in session by mid-Sept, the crowds will drop as a result.

The seasonal pricing probably is pushing some families from summer to fall, but the pricing has only been in effect for about a year and a half, so there's not much data out to show how that's affecting wait times.

We went in late July last summer, and experienced the lowest crowds we'd seen on any trip since January 2009. The only crowded places were the water parks.[/QUOTE]

This gives me hope for our July trip. I keep rethinking my FP strategy and doubting myself. Knowing that crowds were low last year- and seem to be following the same trend this year- is reassuring.

We are just back. Pandora is NOT eating crowds...I will be interested in how reported attendance at AK is for this quaryer and next quarter. FoP had waits from anywhere from 60-125 minutes when we were there, which isn't that bad for a slow loading, low capacity brand new ride. The kids liked the ride enough after we rode it the first time with a FP that we decided to brave the 125 minute posted wait time. We were on the ride in 90 minutes, and that included the ride going down for a bit while we were in line. The thing about Pandora is...there is really nothing to keep you there hanging out in the land if you don't want to wait in line for the ride. There are no shows and no places to sit and chill. CMs are policing the Satu'li canteen seating area, both inside and out, and won't let you sit there if you haven't purchased something. There were no lines to get into Pandora, the land wasn't crowded at all, and the standby queue for FoP was nowhere near full. I just don't think Pandora is this huge draw, and I suspect that people who see 2 hour posted wait times on the app just avoid Pandora altogether if they're not willing to wait in line.

We really didn't experience big crowds anywhere last week. I'm not sure why, but I suspect it's due to a combination of things rather than one big thing. Peak summer pricing, AP blackouts, and the weather all probably contributed to low crowds last week. Orlando is getting an unusual amount of rain this summer and it definitely had an impact on crowds. While we were happy to don our ponchos and stay in the parks, many days the rain lasted for hours and hours and after experiencing this for 6 days in a row, we were tired of it. While a quick shower here or there is tolerable and can even be fun, hours of rain for days on end can cause anyone to just want to go back to the hotel and chill.

Also, I think international attendance is down. This is the only summer visit i've ever had where I saw zero large tour groups all week (I did see one smallish group yesterday at Universal).

I guess we'll see what the rest of the summer brings.
The weak pound may make a difference to UK tourists this year. We are still coming over but I know people who are staying in Europe this year instead because of this.

It will probably pick up in a week or so since most Northern schools are still in session. Many get out this week, so I am guessing there will be an uptick in crowds.

I've gone Disney about twice a month since last October and I have to say that yesterday was the least crowded it's been in that 20 or so visits.

But Had a chance to stay at the Polynesian bungalows due to overbooking. Go figure.

It makes me wonder how parks can be so empty and resorts can be so full

We've been here for the past 8 days and it has been really nice. We've come the same time in June for the past four years and this time has been noticeably easier on getting into the rides. There's still some times when you get peak waits on some rides during the day but we've been using fastpass nonstop. It has been super easy to get 4th, 5th...fast passes on the app for everything except the two pandora rides. The other evening we headed over to Hollywood studios after spending our fast passes at the magic kingdom earlier that morning. Around 6pm everything was avaialable including toy story and rock'n roller coaster. Did toy story, got off immediately got a fastpass and went back in. Rode it three times in a row. Animal kingdom is unbelievably easy right now. You can head over in the afternoon after using your fastpasses somewhere else and ride all of the rides with fastpass until you are ready to go.

Haven't done one rope drop and haven't wait in one line longer than 15 minutes because we almost only use fastpass. Honestly we've done the headliners so much they are getting a little stale :) even spotted the mine train at 40 minutes a couple of times. Of course it blows my mind why anyone does anything other than fastpass for that ride.

I will say jungle cruise and tomorrowland speedway are two very useful fastpasses if you aren't rope dropping them. Their standby waits seem to consistently outclass even some of the mountains.

I was just on site Thursday with a CM friend and even she was pretty shocked, we practically walked on to FEA, and waited 26 minutes for Soarin' with a posted 60 minute wait. RnRC was posted 75, we were in seats in 36 minutes, and those were literally our worst waits. We rode everything major in Epcot and DHS minus TT which had a posted 2 hour wait (though, looking back, none of our waits were even half of the posted time, probably should have done it, oh well) and MS which was down for refurb.

Matt

I do think crowds will pick up as more and more schools get out this week.

It will probably pick up in a week or so since most Northern schools are still in session. Many get out this week, so I am guessing there will be an uptick in crowds.

Is this for real? Kids are still in school in the middle/end of June? And not just SOME schools, but most?

It's really encouraging to me that summer crowds seem to be staying relatively low like last year. But we are going the weekend before July 4 (July 1-3 in the parks) and I'm worried about an uptick. Other than the fireworks at night, is the time around 4th of July pretty much business as usual for the summer or will it be much worse?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter