Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure how much of what guides say is intended to induce a sense of urgency vs half-truth. In my limited experience with DVC they seem a lot more truthful than salespeople at Marriott, but they are still timeshare salespeople. I'd be more concerned with MB going away without notice vs the Dec (or any other) UY selling out anytime soon.

Based on a recent dvcnews article (for some reason I cannot insert the link) they are selling 55,000-60,000 points a month at VGF and have about 700,000 left to sell as of the end of April. So, at they will sell out the resort by next Spring. I doubt any individual UY will sell out that far ahead of time.
I have the same doubt too. Initially, the guide was trying to use the bank window of Dec UY to persuade me to buy earlier, but if they are going to buy back my 2022 points, it shouldn’t matter. We have trips booked for July and August, so then the guide said the Welcome home offer is only good before the check out day. So overall, it just sounds like they are trying to use anything to get me to buy sooner. I am easily persuaded because of the current promotions though, not much on anything else he said.

Is the Welcome Home discount limited to one per person? We were looking at getting 2 200 point contracts and it would be sweet if we could get $1500 off each one. Actually, if applied multiple times, I might even increase to 3 150 point contracts at these prices.
If you get different UY, it triggers a new membership number so maybe doing that would trigger all the incentives again.

I’ll be shocked if it’s added to PVB. They obviously have figured out how to price well..seems these new incentives may do the trick so they can keep this line of thinking in place and still achieve the long term goal.
You have your opinion. And I have mine 😁

Could not agree with you more... a couple of thoughts here....
1. I hope Disney starts going after these companies that are in essence holding companies for lots of points. That to me seems against the terms of service. My issue is not that they rent out points, my issue is the reservations they hold and prevent others from getting what they would like.

2. If you're looking for VGF, or want a monorail resort guaranteed when you stay at the least, it seems to me VGF direct is the way to go right now. From what I can tell, the board sponsor, right now, doesn't have a single listing priced as attractively as the DVC direct pricing for VGF. If you don't care about location, and you are under 40, and are quite certain you will never sell, Riviera, despite the resale restrictions, is very attractive as well.

3. There are still some sweet spots in the resale system. For example, at the right price, Aulani looks particularly attractive on that front if you imagine you'll go to Hawaii with regularity and/or don't care where you stay, but just want to be on Property. (Don't talk to me about probate... I'll be dead!)
So no Riviera over 40?

If you get different UY, it triggers a new membership number so maybe doing that would trigger all the incentives again.
We would be getting a new use year for the new contracts (same for all new ones). Based on reports on this site, we should still be able to get all incentives, including Welcome Home. I just wasn't sure if we would be eligible for the $1500 credit on each contract or just one of them.

We would be getting a new use year for the new contracts (same for all new ones). Based on reports on this site, we should still be able to get all incentives, including Welcome Home. I just wasn't sure if we would be eligible for the $1500 credit on each contract or just one of them.

It doesn’t hurt to ask. I don’t think it’s likely but maybe there are very specific circumstances it’d apply, like maybe somehow with different memberships? Let us know how it goes. Goodluck.

I bought 2 contracts as a new member (no previous ownership), and they only applied the Welcome Home once. They combined the total of the 2 contracts, and treated them as one in terms of incentives.

Do you have a sense of how long it takes to actually get on the skyliner at park close or right after the fireworks…some nights as we walk to BCV or Swan Dolphin the line stretches all the way down to the walk towards crescent lake.
As @Sandisw said, we have never waited more than 15 minutes. The line is quite efficient so long as the skyliner is running. We have also taken the slow walk to the skyliner - picking up some caramel popcorn in Germany, stopping for pictures, and the line has gone down very quickly.

I’m not seeing the Welcome Home promo anywhere on the DVC site. Is it still there and I’m just not looking in the right place? I saw it over the weekend.

I bought 2 contracts as a new member (no previous ownership), and they only applied the Welcome Home once. They combined the total of the 2 contracts, and treated them as one in terms of incentives.
We're waiting for confirmation from our guide. Our situation is slightly different but I'm guessing the outcome will be the same. We want the two contracts to be treated completely separate and get the incentives at the lower point levels.

So for example instead of asking them to split a 400 point contract into two 200 pointers and get the 400 point incentives, we would just want two separate 200 point contracts at the 200 point incentive level since it's a better deal.

We're waiting for confirmation from our guide. Our situation is slightly different but I'm guessing the outcome will be the same. We want the two contracts to be treated completely separate and get the incentives at the lower point levels.

So for example instead of asking them to split a 400 point contract into two 200 pointers and get the 400 point incentives, we would just want two separate 200 point contracts at the 200 point incentive level since it's a better deal.
Could you not just do one this month and one next? I’m new to this so might have it completely wrong!

Use another family member's name to buy the other one, then do a gift transfer to add names later?

Welcome Home :welcome:

Honestly never thought we’d go direct. The timing of VGF summer incentives worked out perfectly. We completed the whole transaction with our guide in under an hour. So happy happy happy. Resale could not compete with $161pp on a 41yr contract at a fantastic lower dues resort.

I wonder how many sales sprung from this thread? Can’t wait to see June’s sales numbers.

Welcome Home :welcome:

Honestly never thought we’d go direct. The timing of VGF summer incentives worked out perfectly. We completed the whole transaction with our guide in under an hour. So happy happy happy. Resale could not compete with $161pp on a 41yr contract at a fantastic lower dues resort.

I wonder how many sales sprung from this thread? Can’t wait to see June’s sales numbers.

We actually had a resale in the process at what we thought was a great price for VGF - low $150s for a small-ish contract (sub 150) and fully loaded with 2022 and 2023 points. The direct deal is worse in the sense that it'd come stripped of 2023 use year (with the UY we want) so we'd be giving up almost 2 use years, but I still think it's better in the long run to buy direct at this price and have the points be unrestricted.

We actually had a resale in the process at what we thought was a great price for VGF - low $150s for a small-ish contract (sub 150) and fully loaded with 2022 and 2023 points. The direct deal is worse in the sense that it'd come stripped of 2023 use year (with the UY we want) so we'd be giving up almost 2 use years, but I still think it's better in the long run to buy direct at this price and have the points be unrestricted.
For sure! Being able to use at new resorts increases the value, especially when considering the next 4 decades. Plus everything else like APs, moonlight magic, easy discounts, lounges, etc.

Compared to resales we were considering, it’s ~$100 per year more going direct. In some cases direct was actually better when looking at contract length and differences in dues, especially after being able to spread payments and get CC points. This was a great deal. And I love that VGF avoids the resale restrictions.

Do the Magical Beginnings and Welcome Home
Promos apply to Aulani purchases? We are existing resale (grandfathered) holders but I would be tempted to add on direct if the price is right. Can someone help me out with the math for 150 points (or whatever the right number for most meaningful discount)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter