Substitution questions

BitsnBearsMom

<font color=green>We sure are lucky that way<br><f
We will be in the world with the dining plan in October for 13 nights/14 days - my 6.5yo ds is allergic to nuts and dairy - alot of the kids menu items he won't or can't have - he's not a typical fries and junk food kid. Will they substitute things like some grilled chicken on a salad for his kids dining plan item? or something like a kids portion of grilled meat with plain pasta and carrot sticks or am I hoping for too much?

If it would help we are eating at
Chef Mickey's
Sci Fi
WCC
Beaches and cream
hoop de doo
Le Cellier
O'hana brekie
H&V fantasmic package
SOA show
Rose an Crown
GF cafe

I do have the numbers for all these restaurants and will call them ahead of time - they were all very accomodating last time but that was pre-dining plan. I like to know what we are getting into.

BitsnBearsMom said:
We will be in the world with the dining plan in October for 13 nights/14 days - my 6.5yo ds is allergic to nuts and dairy - alot of the kids menu items he won't or can't have - he's not a typical fries and junk food kid. Will they substitute things like some grilled chicken on a salad for his kids dining plan item? or something like a kids portion of grilled meat with plain pasta and carrot sticks or am I hoping for too much?

If it would help we are eating at
Chef Mickey's
Sci Fi
WCC
Beaches and cream
hoop de doo
Le Cellier
O'hana brekie
H&V fantasmic package
SOA show
Rose an Crown
GF cafe

I do have the numbers for all these restaurants and will call them ahead of time - they were all very accomodating last time but that was pre-dining plan. I like to know what we are getting into.

I dont know the answer but I would like to hear some thoughts . ..

Nothing has changed in the way they handle allergies. We did DDP last year with our dairy/tree nuts allergic child and we always had a chef come out and speack with us. They always asked him what he wanted and gave options. I love going to WDW because it is one of the few places we can go and not worry about there being nothing for Max to eat. Make sure to ask for desserts when you call ahead to TS places. Most places just gave him the dairy free ice cream but a few times we have had a chef make a special dessert for him.

Do you have the numbers for the food managers for your resort and each park? They can tell you about CS and snacks that might be safe.

I'm not sure about the children's menu but can comment on the adult menu. I have some very picky tastes, and can pick certain ones out, and its not that I just don't like it, I vomit from it. At every restaurant minus the buffets, I would inform them of what I wanted even if it wasn't on the menu just substituted certain things. They accomodated my requests perfectly. The only reason I didn't at buffets was because I was able to find stuff I would eat.

I am sure they can accomodate your son because an allergy to dairy and nuts can be very dangerous. You might have to ask exactly what is in the food and what kind of oil is used in case of peanut oil. My DS and I have an allergy to dairy, its just not that serious, but I still have to be cautious with some foods, they were always very accomodating.

Thanks - sounds reassuring!!

Our last trip was great - the chef's went out of their way to make sure that he had food he would eat and we sure did appreciate that!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter