stupid question?

Anne MN

DIS Veteran
I know that they do not count kids 3 and under. does age 3 count in that category for the resorts?

Yes, under 3 is free...resorts, food, parks. ::MickeyMo

Editted to clarify: it's under 3, not 3 and under. So a 3 year old pays child rates for resorts and food. Under 3 would stay free in the resorts.

I hope that's what you are asking!

We counted our DS as "3 and under" up until the day he turned 4! I don't think they would even question...unless it was terribly obvious that the child was over 4! We went in December 2003 when my DS was 3 1/2 and we were never questioned at the resort, parks or any of the restaurants.

Anne MN said:
I know that they do not count kids 3 and under. does age 3 count in that category for the resorts?

My DD is 2 and she is not even listed on the ressie, even though I gave them her info. My DS is 4 and he is listed. However, I thought as far as the resorts go all kids were free. I know that park admission begins at 3, but I thought all kids were free in the hotel.

Am I wrong?

band_man said:
My DD is 2 and she is not even listed on the ressie, even though I gave them her info. My DS is 4 and he is listed. However, I thought as far as the resorts go all kids were free. I know that park admission begins at 3, but I thought all kids were free in the hotel.

Am I wrong?

The age issue in the resorts has more to do with if they "count" the child in the room or not. When they get old enough, this means a family of 5 who could previously stay in a room with a maximum of 4 guests will no longer be able to because the child suddenly "counts" on the reservation.

I think what was meant by under 3 free at resort is meant as count. You can have 4 and 1 under 3 in resort rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter