Stroller revolt!

Does anyone know if they hit the wheel chair rentals as well? My mom is considering a trip with us and she just had knee replacement surgery. She may not be able to keep up every day with us.

I just have to ask,if you are sick of all the whining about stroller price increase then why are you on the thread?:confused3 Just wondering! I mean hey if there is a thread that bugs me as much as this seems to bug you then, read another..I'm just saying:flower3:
But just in case you are wondering, I will rent him, my 8 year old,a stroller in AK if I need to because as I stated renting off site or bringing my own well thats not a choice I have.
I wasnt "whining" so much as saying that yes a 70% increase on a stroller is extream even in disney a place where stroller rentals are comman place.

and hey I think its great that your 4 and 9 year old can make it all day with no help, thats great. I also dont think its my place to say if you should or should not get one, again your kids you know them I dont.

I still wholeheartly believe that emails/letters what have you can make a difference. I can get my son a stroller for a day if need be but many family need those puppies all week......Yawza! not that $31 bucks isnt anything but a week, good gravy!

Take something at the parks that you need to have use or want and it raises over 70% from the last time you got it, you wouldnt be the slightest bit upset or mad or yes even whine a little about it?

How about Pens ticket remember back when they were $20 :hug:

and before you ask, yes I do have a choice in getting a stroller off site or bringing one, but I dont need one the entire trip just those "certain" days. I'm just saying ;)
And I dont think wheelchair rentals have gone up (yet)

But hey my mom is in a wheelchair and this trip we will bring her own, but last trip we rented one here at home and brought it along. Making it to the parks and buses just would not work for her so we indeed needed it the entire time we were there. So that might be something to think about~

You know that tune would change if ticket prices went up 70%, lol. Then I guess we'd all be entitled to say "really...do you NEED to go to Disneyworld?" :lmao:

Well since Disney only raised the price of the strollers so drastically, maybe there was some truth to the thread that Disney raised stroller prices so high to curtail people from using them who really don't need them.

Yes, I do remember when Penguin tickets were only $20.00, but I also remember going to WDW and not being over run by a sea of strollers no matter where I went.

And yes, most of the people are whining about the stroller prices. Either pay it , bring one from home, or let your kids walk, end of story. What other solution is there? :confused3 Does whining about the prices on a public forum make everyone feel better. I just don't understand. There , no lie, has to be 20 threads on this same exact subject.

I'm glad all of you think your calls , letters and emails will make Disney lower their stroller prices, but the only way they will lower prices is if people stop renting them. IMOP!

You're right I don't have to read these threads, but it just makes me laugh that if you people whine and complain enough will the prices somehow magically go down. Or maybe its some kind of Disney therapy. :rotfl:

I want to thank all of those who have offered their constructive opinions, and those who have jumped to my defense in my decision to rent a stroller for my 4 and 7 year old. I can't add anything better than has already been said.

As for "A Baby's Best Friend," I did look into it, but their double strollers wont accommodate my children's weight (about 100 lbs combined). I definitely would have used them otherwise.

As it stands, I think we will just rent strollers as needed from Disney. I don't want to pay the astronomical prices, but I think it will be more convenient.

Happy vacationing to everyone!

A jogger would be a "three wheeled conveyence" - in the past Disney has both let them in and forbid them (guess as a function of crowd levels?). If Disney is indeed trying to limit the number of strollers in the parks, I would expect more enforcement of their policies, and possibly a change to the policy making the permimtted strollers smaller.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Disney make strollers on busses required to collapse down to umbrella stroller size and be stored, either - since that is getting out of hand.

I just wanted to offer an option to renting if your kids are umbrella-stroller sized:

I spoke to Marge at www.wegoshop.com about ordering some groceries for our room. I also asked whether it might be possible for her to pick up a cheapo umbrella ($20 or so range) and she said it shouldn't be a problem.

<<<<And yes, most of the people are whining about the stroller prices. Either pay it , bring one from home, or let your kids walk, end of story. >>>>

Very keen observation of the obvious. Thank you!

<<<<Does whining about the prices on a public forum make everyone feel better. ?>>>>

YES!

The “Disney raised prices to limit strollers in the parks” argument does not make sense. One, stroller rentals are a money maker. Each rental at this point in time is pure profit. Why would Disney want to make less money? Two, it’s not like you have to rent from Disney to have a stroller in the park—you’re still allowed to bring your own. Honestly, I think the rentals will go more to the older child only—the people who don’t have strollers at home, aren’t likely to buy one to hall around on the “for when and if it’s needed” and would only want it in the park.

If people do complain to corporate and the rentals do, in fact, go down where there is a lower profit (they now can rent half to still make the same amount of money), there is a huge chance the prices will go down. You (general you) have to explain to Disney that you don’t like it and then put your money where your mouth is. And others must follow suit.

As far as the “whining” goes, suck it up. People have the right to complain. People are still complaining on numerous threads about the dining plan changes. I think more people are trying to figure out what the motivation is, and what the best choice would be—not what are the choices. Although some might be trying to figure out if there is something they haven’t thought of. Not everyone has been on here for years (or had kids to care) to know about ABBF. Not everyone knows every type of stroller out there that might meet their needs.

Ok I was gonna go away BUT :goodvibes

Since some think that disney raised the stroller price so people that dont "need" them wont rent them. WHO rents a stroller they dont need? Really who? I am sorry but that is the dumbest thing I ever heard!

Did I NEED a stroller the day I rented one for my son? Yes I do believe I/he did, it helped me and him and we were all happy! :)
Now we all know some think think that my then 7 year should have walked, but too bad! not your kid or choice.
I loved it when my son didnt need one, didnt have to push it, park it, find it ahhh yeah now thats what I do for fun.
Really people rent them for what sh**s and giggles, really I doubt it or I missed that thread "dont need a stroller, rent it anyway just to make people mad and have something to fight about on the dis" :rotfl:
at $10 or $31 if I didnt need it I wouldnt rent it. You dont rent one......Why Cause you dont NEED it, right?
Well I did and the familys with kids that do need them are the ones coming up short on this. As I stated earlier some kids will suffer, and you might not like the "sea of strollers" but you wait, you will be on the "Kids Running Amuck everywhere" thread!:rotfl:

And if enough people complain and the strollers are outsourced then maybe disney will get them from somewhere else for cheaper, who knows. I remember a TOn of threads about tips included on the dining plan and the horrible service they felt the recieved because of that, now no tips included. Was it because of all the complaints maybe, maybe not i'm just saying~;)

One of the first things you learn in economics is that people make cost calculations. Maybe at $13 you need the stroller for your seven year old. At $15 its not a bad idea....but there is some point in there where you say "screw it...you'll walk" - is that number $20, $50? Its going to be different for everyone.

In addition to just the cost, there is the convience factor. For a seven year old buying a stroller large enough to hold them isn't very cheap. Hauling it back and forth from the parks each day isn't easy. At some point you say "screw it....you'll walk."

As to profit, there may also be liability concerns with the number of strollers in the park as well, that may be overriding the profit motive. As well as the soft cost of complaints from all the strollers. We don't even go when its busy, but getting through Fantasyland with all the strollers, ECVs, etc., can be very difficult. Reducing those by a fraction would be an improvement.

<<<<And yes, most of the people are whining about the stroller prices. Either pay it , bring one from home, or let your kids walk, end of story. >>>>

Very keen observation of the obvious. Thank you!

<<<<Does whining about the prices on a public forum make everyone feel better. ?>>>>

YES!

Was just asking OK :)

So, is Disney going to say only the first x amount of strollers will be allowed in? I doubt it. That would be a huge PR problem, and I really see a revolt there.

I've never rented, and I never would. I use a stroller on a daily basis and I'm not about to spend money on something I already own. We all have to pick and choose where our money goes, and a stroller isn't it for me. I'll spend it a nicer hotel and meals. But I will say that when I say "Screw it, you'll walk" isn't the dollar amount. Put it this way, one 7 night hotel stay at a moderate resort in Walt Disney World in June = $1,590, two adult and two child 7 day park hoppers = $982.00, one length of stay double stroller rental = $189, not listening to your 7 year old whine after 7 hours on his feet straight = priceless.

Strollers are part of Disney, whether anyone likes it or not. The majority of their marketing is aimed at families with kids in the stroller set. Yes, plenty of people go who don't need strollers, but they're stupid if they don't think strollers will be there--in abundance. If you don't want to be around strollers, go somewhere strollers aren't allowed. Where people who have the stroller set aren't likely going to want to be. And for heaven's sake, avoid Fantasyland. Kind of like the stroller option argument, huh?

Using the logic that Disney raised the price of the stroller rental in an effort to limit people renting the strollers..... Couldn't the same be said when they raise the price of the admission tickets?:lmao: Does that mean Disney wants people to stop coming to the parks?:confused3

That's the smartest thing I've heard in a long time. :thumbsup2

So, is Disney going to say only the first x amount of strollers will be allowed in? I doubt it. That would be a huge PR problem, and I really see a revolt there.
?

No, they'll put more restrictions on the strollers you are allowed to bring in and raise the prices on theirs. You'll be able to have as many collapsible lightweight umbrella strollers in the park as there are parents, but the huge strollers won't be allowed in. If you really want one, you'll be able to rent one for their exorbitant prices.

But they probably won't have to do that. What happens now is people go down. Their seven year old whines. They say "its only $17" and they get a stroller. Most people with seven year olds aren't going to go off and buy a $150 stroller for Disney World. Most people don't realize that its big enough that its actually reasonable you might want a seven year old in a stroller at Disney. Now their seven year old will whine and Dad will say "strollers $30, suck it up, kid."

No, they'll put more restrictions on the strollers you are allowed to bring in and raise the prices on theirs. You'll be able to have as many collapsible lightweight umbrella strollers in the park as there are parents, but the huge strollers won't be allowed in. If you really want one, you'll be able to rent one for their exorbitant prices.

But they probably won't have to do that. What happens now is people go down. Their seven year old whines. They say "its only $17" and they get a stroller. Most people with seven year olds aren't going to go off and buy a $150 stroller for Disney World. Most people don't realize that its big enough that its actually reasonable you might want a seven year old in a stroller at Disney. Now their seven year old will whine and Dad will say "strollers $30, suck it up, kid."

Oh, I see. They won't limit the number of strollers. They'll just tell you that your infant who can't sit up must be in a cheap umbrella stroller or you have to go out and spend major money on a new stroller to have a collapsible light weight stroller than can accommodate your infant in order to have the privilege of attending their park at the cost of thousands of dollars. Yeah, I don't think so. You might be talking about 7 year olds, but the rules of the park are across the board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter