Streaming at Aulani

RaisedDisney

Earning My Ears
Just wanted to give a quick update on streaming at Aulani. Our AppleTV and Fire stick could be plugged into the TV, but the volume maxed out and could not be turned down. Using a laptop (plugged into TV) I could control the volume, but not the best solution. They do allow for devices to be connected wirelessly, which worked for our iPhones and Windows laptops. This should also work with Android devices too. The wireless option was by far the best and we streamed Netflix, Disney+ and YouTube without issues.

Was the wireless option ChromeCast? Notice any lag or issues while streaming from iPhone/iPad, or laptop?

This is a service I wish would be more widespread amongst Disney locations. The new Riviera at WDW can do streaming but we stayed at Beach Club and Contemporary, no such luck.

We just got back and weren't able to plug our Apple TV in. We've stayed 4 times since reopening and were able to plug in during our November and December trips. During our April trip, we noticed the TV was different and we weren't able to plug in our Apple TV then or during our June trip. It could be that we simply weren't able to figure out how to plug it into the new TV.

Was the wireless option ChromeCast? Notice any lag or issues while streaming from iPhone/iPad, or laptop?

This is a service I wish would be more widespread amongst Disney locations. The new Riviera at WDW can do streaming but we stayed at Beach Club and Contemporary, no such luck.
Yes, you can use any ChromeCast enabled device to stream to the TV

We only experienced lag once, but once the movie buffered for a few minutes everything was ok. Both Verizon and T-mobile worked just fine.

I can’t say 100% it was ChromeCast, but pretty sure. On my iPhone I scanned the QR code, and followed the on screen instructions. Very easy and no lag at all.

Yes, it’s chrome cast. We brought a fire stick in April that did not work on the tv, but there’s a casting option on the tv Home Screen. We clicked on it with the remote, a code popped up which we then entered at a web address provided on screen. Netflix, Amazon, HBO, everything worked great. Wish the other DVC resorts had it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter