Stowaways onboard the 2016 EBPC - TR update 11/4, p.24

Then off to dinner. We didn’t see Karin and Tom, I think they must have gone to BBB or had room service this evening.

Our tablemates were in very odd spirits this evening. Two of them left before dessert without saying goodnight… Because of these people we have decided that unless we know people and intend to sit with them during dinners we have decided to ask for a table for two on all future cruises.

I started with the chilled avocado soup. Mom was also going to have one but ended up cancelling hers after tasting mine.

Mom had some beets

I also had a salad but it had blue cheese in it and it was very strong

For my entrée I had a baked potatoe, cauliflower and zucchini. It was all perfectly cooked and very yummy.

Mom did not have an entrée

Jose found me another slice of the flourless chocolate cake, it was as good as before

Mom had her usual Mickey bar for dessert but I seem to have missed a photo. Can’t believe it! She ended up leaving early because her feet were killing her and she needed to prop them up. I gave Jose my order for the next night and then meandered back to the room. I had some quiet time outside on the Promenade Deck looking at photos and enjoying the weather.

It was neat to see a butterfly accompanying us

Up to the room mom was still awake and watching one of the Captain Puckett shows on the TV. It made so much more sense now that we’d been through the Canal.

This was an amazing day, the construction of the Panama Canal is truly awe inspiring to me and I would very much like to go through it again on a future vacation.

The next day would be very exciting as well, we were stopping at Cartagena, Colombia and were going on a privately arranged tour with Karin, Tom, and two other lovely people we had not met yet. We were to meet our guide outside at 9:45, so I had our alarm set for 8am.

Last edited:
Wow! I was WAY behind ........ we were a bit "distracted" lately - you know why, so I hope you understand. ;)

It was fun reliving the Panama Canal day with you two. Tom came down with a headache after being out in the sun all day and I think we ordered room service that night - sorry you had to sit with your "regular" table mates that night.

Wow! I was WAY behind ........ we were a bit "distracted" lately - you know why, so I hope you understand. ;)

Of course, no worries :hug:

It was fun reliving the Panama Canal day with you two. Tom came down with a headache after being out in the sun all day and I think we ordered room service that night - sorry you had to sit with your "regular" table mates that night.

That sun was intense! I'm sorry Tom got a headache. We would much rather have been sitting with you that's for sure :)

That is my favourite place to hang out during the canal crossing.

They had such an opportunity to get pictures of everybody watching and we were not impressed with the ones they got of us.

That is a real shame. We got lucky in this respect on both of our Panama Canal cruises.

Pete’s Dragon was the show for the night which was excellent because it was still on our list to see.

I have yet to see this, but I really want to.

I started with the chilled avocado soup.

Oh, that sounds good.

Corinna

The Canal sounds so neat. But it will have to wait. We'll need to plan a meet up in October now! Too bad you had to sit with the weird tablemates, you really have bad luck! First the crazy ones with Jenny and then these!

Because of these people we have decided that unless we know people and intend to sit with them during dinners we have decided to ask for a table for two on all future cruises.

We're going to have the most awesome table of eight! :banana:

Too bad you had to sit with the weird tablemates, you really have bad luck! First the crazy ones with Jenny and then these!

And if they sat with us, they had to put up with our weird serving team. :rotfl2: Their servers were so super nice while ours were just ............ weird.

This should be SO much fun. Still can't believe we will all be sailing together next year. :jumping1: :grouphug:

That is my favourite place to hang out during the canal crossing.

It was a really neat perspective, and nice to be out of the sun.

That is a real shame. We got lucky in this respect on both of our Panama Canal cruises.

We asked another of the photo CMs and she said they sent the ones who hadn't done the crossing before. I'm sure that had something to do with it.

I have yet to see this, but I really want to.

I thought it was so well done.

Oh, that sounds good.

Corinna

I honestly cant remember, but I love avocados so I'm sure it was good.

The Canal sounds so neat. But it will have to wait.

Let me know whenever you book it, I'm hoping we can join you :)

We'll need to plan a meet up in October now!

I must have missed some plans, I haven't been on here in about a week. But absolutely! I'm hoping to have a new job in October too.

Too bad you had to sit with the weird tablemates, you really have bad luck! First the crazy ones with Jenny and then these!

Those ones with Jenny were just crazy. These ones were totally rude.

party: party: party: party:

And if they sat with us, they had to put up with our weird serving team. :rotfl2: Their servers were so super nice while ours were just ............ weird.

It was so worth sitting with you, but I was glad when our servers came over and checked on us :laughing:

This should be SO much fun. Still can't believe we will all be sailing together next year. :jumping1: :grouphug:

I can't wait!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

On a totally seperate note, I was able to snag Jambo House club level for 3 nights next Mothers Day :cool1: at 7 months I'll book Vero Beach to complete the getaway. I went ahead and booked it without asking mom, and when I told her she was thrilled.

What a great Mothers Day trip for you two!

Because of these people we have decided that unless we know people and intend to sit with them during dinners we have decided to ask for a table for two on all future cruises.

Definitely something I've thought about while we're starting to plan for a cruise next summer ;)

flourless chocolate cake

Oh goodness that looks delightful!

What a great Mothers Day trip for you two!

Thank you! :) it will be nice not having to fly anywhere for a change.

Definitely something I've thought about while we're starting to plan for a cruise next summer ;)

Planning for a cruise?! YAY!!! :cool1:

We've had some really nice tablemates, but lately they haven't been so nice. They say they can't always guarantee your request to be sat alone but we're going to ask.

Oh goodness that looks delightful!

It was so good popcorn:: so many yummy safe things to eat, you're going to love it! I'm looking forward to my gluten free donuts in two months :hyper: I never buy them because they're $6.99. Its the little things in life :laughing:

Planning for a cruise?! YAY!!! :cool1:

I know! We have no idea what to do still, lol! I have always wanted to go to Norway or Alaska, so those are at the top of my list, but BF wants to do a Canada or British Isles trip. He went to Dublin with his last girlfriend (now almost two years ago :rolleyes1), so he owes me a big trip too! :rotfl2:
It was so good popcorn:: so many yummy safe things to eat, you're going to love it! I'm looking forward to my gluten free donuts in two months :hyper: I never buy them because they're $6.99. Its the little things in life :laughing:

Pop has really good donuts too! That's where we're staying for the long weekend, and I purposely left a breakfast free so we could go to the cafeteria and I could get a plate of safe & yummy donuts:woohoo:

I know! We have no idea what to do still, lol! I have always wanted to go to Norway or Alaska, so those are at the top of my list, but BF wants to do a Canada or British Isles trip.

Norway is way on the top of my list!!! All those would be amazing though, you'll have a fabulous time whichever one you choose :hyper:

He went to Dublin with his last girlfriend (now almost two years ago :rolleyes1), so he owes me a big trip too! :rotfl2:

ABSOLUTELY!!! :laughing:

Pop has really good donuts too! That's where we're staying for the long weekend, and I purposely left a breakfast free so we could go to the cafeteria and I could get a plate of safe & yummy donuts:woohoo:

I didn't know they had yummy donuts there! Do they also have the Mickey waffles?

I didn't know they had yummy donuts there! Do they also have the Mickey waffles?

I didn't get the waffles last time, but I think they have "Pop" waffles instead of Mickey waffles! But they're the same allergy recipe. I'll ask & let you know :thumbsup2

Day 11: Cartagena

Mom had woken up at 6:30 and I woke up at 8:15. At some point Karen must have slipped us a note to meet at the Ariel statue at 9:45. Mom said she didn’t notice when it had arrived or would have run out to talk to Karen. We got ready and walked up to Deck 9 to fill up our drink bottles and have some breakfast at BBB.

Mom had her usual custom made omelet with mushrooms

As well as some croissants and fruit

I had some fruit, potatoes, and magnificent gluten free donuts

Then down to the Ariel statue to meet up.

Karen had arranged a private tour and there would be six of us going. Of course we already knew Karen and Tom but the two other lovely people we hadn’t seen before. Which was really surprising because on the smaller ships we tend to see the same people quite a bit. Kimberly and David were their names and it was just the loveliest group of people to have a tour with and the best tour guide ever. Her name was Dora and we were to meet her outside the cruise terminal. Someone did meet us outside the ship and took us to our van and Dora. The cruise terminal had some animal exhibits that I had to take some pictures of. It was sweltering hot from the get go.

We first took some very precarious roads up to La Popa Ministry

When we got in this area Dora had a bit of a confrontation with another tour guide because she had started talking first but the other tour guide wanted to talk to his group. She very forcefully told him to be quiet until she was done.

The ceiling was gorgeous

Then we were off to the next destination

Stopped at the potties first

David very kindly helped me avoid some local sellers. They were very pushy about selling their wares.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!