Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

I got the kids' appetizer instead of the shrimp. :)
Were you able to still get shrimp for some of the table and sub for others, or did your table skip the shrimp completely?

Most of our table doesn’t eat shrimp but my husband likes it a LOT and doesn’t get it much, so we wer kind of planning on just letting him eat all of our shrimp. But if we could still get some shrimp (just less) and get an extra pie or kids app for others of us, that might be a winner too.

Also, if anyone is thinking of cancelling for March 7 or 9 let me know? We have a reservation for the 8 but now that we’ve booked our FPs and sorted out our plans a bit better it might work better for us to switch. Holding on towhat we have for now, we can probably make it work if we need to!

Were you able to still get shrimp for some of the table and sub for others, or did your table skip the shrimp completely?
I was dining solo.

However, a single serving is provided in an individual container for each diner in the party, so you would have a choice of giving your shrimp appetizers to your husband, or substituting something that the rest of you could eat.

I'm trying for May 1st (I didn't realize it become a character meal). Good luck.
To you too!

If you subscribe to Touring Plans, you can request a reservation alert. They will text if a reservation becomes available. I was able to find a spot for our trip this way!
Subscribed there and at ***********, just no luck yet. Also, if anyone is reading this later, you can have touring plans do the reservation alerts even without a subscription--you just need to create a "basic" free account. :)

I’m still somewhat new to the Disney way so my apologies if I’m not understanding but I’m a little confused by all the sub discussion going on in this thread. It’s a prix fixe menu, if you dont like the offerings why not go elsewhere, or just skip that one thing you don’t like, or just try something new? I know Disney is accommodating but some of this just seems like taking advantage to a point. Actual allergies not included of course!

I’m still somewhat new to the Disney way so my apologies if I’m not understanding but I’m a little confused by all the sub discussion going on in this thread. It’s a prix fixe menu, if you dont like the offerings why not go elsewhere, or just skip that one thing you don’t like, or just try something new? I know Disney is accommodating but some of this just seems like taking advantage to a point. Actual allergies not included of course!
Good point. The thing is that these characters, other than Snow White, have been very difficult to meet, so many (my family included) are doing this primarily for that reason. We do have a food allergy to deal with (peanut/tree nut), so I am a little concerned about that, but we are looking forward to it!

We ate there this evening (myself and my 6-year old) - we'd been on the fence about cancelling because of the mixed reviews, but I'm glad we decided to give it a try. Overall we liked it, although there were some hiccups and I'm not sure we'd necessarily go there again just until the kinks get worked out.

The food was very good. We received two of each of the appetizers as well as a kids appetizer, and we ate every bite. The soup was very good, the pies were pretty good, and I loved the shrimp. The kids appetizer was fine for what it was; some cheese, veggie sticks, apple slices, and a little biscuit thing with honey butter you were supposed to create yourself. My son tried shaking the butter to mix it but it wasn't happening, and even our poor server couldn't mix it - a cool idea, but it didn't quite work out.

I had the gnocchi and it was fantastic, but very rich, I could only manage about half of it. My son had the chicken tenders, which was served with fries. He devoured the chicken (it was a big portion) and proclaimed them to be the best chicken tenders ever!

We were pretty stuffed by dessert, but they were good too, especially the little apple mousses.

The service was good, but the flow was a little off. It took a while for the server to come to the table, and then he took our drink and food order right away. The food all came out at a good pace, we didn't feel rushed, but they definitely don't want you to linger (which is understandable, it's a busy restaurant). It took a long time to get our check as well, but our server was busy and apologetic when he did bring it.

Character interaction was good, they were all friendly and happy to pose for photos. The Evil Queen was very in character, she literally didn't say one word to us and just kind of glared, it was a bit awkward. I think the set up for the Queen needs to move as well, right now it's in the middle of the restaurant and whenever more than a couple of families are in line, the area becomes congested.

My one big criticism was with the table setup. In the middle of the table is this tree type thing where they place the appetizers and desserts. On bigger tables this is fine, but on our two top, it took up so much space and meant I literally couldn't see my son! I had to look over the top or to the side and it was kind of a pain. The tree spun around but couldn't be moved, and it was basically completely in the way.

As I said I'm glad we went, but I'm not in a huge hurry to go back just yet. I did think it was really promising though!

Hi all, I can't find information on the reservations that tea/coffee/non-alcoholic beverage is covered in the price of the meal. For those that paid cash (not dining plan) were you charged for any non-alcoholic beverages?
thanx! :cutie:

Hi all, I can't find information on the reservations that tea/coffee/non-alcoholic beverage is covered in the price of the meal. For those that paid cash (not dining plan) were you charged for any non-alcoholic beverages?
thanx! :cutie:
No charge for non alcoholic beverages. They are included in the price.

Is there parking for restaurant visitors? We're staying offsite and we're hoping for a ressie on arrival day 12/14. We're not going into any parks that first night or relying on any DIStransportation that night (long story short we got stuck at WL once, it sucked).

Is there parking for restaurant visitors? We're staying offsite and we're hoping for a ressie on arrival day 12/14. We're not going into any parks that first night or relying on any DIStransportation that night (long story short we got stuck at WL once, it sucked).

Yes, you should be able to park at WL with a dining reservation. As you drive in, a CM at the gate will ask to swipe your Magic band or ask for name and photo ID. Enjoy!

I am not sure I agree that asking for a substitution is taking advantage of a Disney restaurant. If one asked for a different entree selection or requested food from WCC I could jump on your bandwagon, but a simple request to substitute more shrimp or more soup for that awful meat pie? How is that taking advantage? The answer is a simple yes or no. I hate shrimp. It is the only seafood I will not eat, so if I was dinign alone and had no one to give my portion to I wodul scertainly feel that asking for more of that delicious bisque in exchange for shrimp was acceptable. If my request could not be accomodated, I have lost nothing, and have not placed anyoen in jeopardy.

The same holds true for desserts. They are preplated and therefore there is no choice. I found all but the gooseberry pie atrocious. If I returned with my family we would ask for a substitution if possible, again prepared for the possibility we would not be accommodated.

This is an expensive meal and one designed to get folks in and out in order to turn tables efficiently. I get it. It is also the only meal you are going to meet Grumpy, Dopey, and The Queen. People will book it for this reason, but will try to at least find a way to enjoy the meal they pay for. It never hurts to ask.

We ate there this evening (myself and my 6-year old) - we'd been on the fence about cancelling because of the mixed reviews, but I'm glad we decided to give it a try. Overall we liked it, although there were some hiccups and I'm not sure we'd necessarily go there again just until the kinks get worked out.

The food was very good. We received two of each of the appetizers as well as a kids appetizer, and we ate every bite. The soup was very good, the pies were pretty good, and I loved the shrimp. The kids appetizer was fine for what it was; some cheese, veggie sticks, apple slices, and a little biscuit thing with honey butter you were supposed to create yourself. My son tried shaking the butter to mix it but it wasn't happening, and even our poor server couldn't mix it - a cool idea, but it didn't quite work out.

I had the gnocchi and it was fantastic, but very rich, I could only manage about half of it. My son had the chicken tenders, which was served with fries. He devoured the chicken (it was a big portion) and proclaimed them to be the best chicken tenders ever!

We were pretty stuffed by dessert, but they were good too, especially the little apple mousses.

The service was good, but the flow was a little off. It took a while for the server to come to the table, and then he took our drink and food order right away. The food all came out at a good pace, we didn't feel rushed, but they definitely don't want you to linger (which is understandable, it's a busy restaurant). It took a long time to get our check as well, but our server was busy and apologetic when he did bring it.

Character interaction was good, they were all friendly and happy to pose for photos. The Evil Queen was very in character, she literally didn't say one word to us and just kind of glared, it was a bit awkward. I think the set up for the Queen needs to move as well, right now it's in the middle of the restaurant and whenever more than a couple of families are in line, the area becomes congested.

My one big criticism was with the table setup. In the middle of the table is this tree type thing where they place the appetizers and desserts. On bigger tables this is fine, but on our two top, it took up so much space and meant I literally couldn't see my son! I had to look over the top or to the side and it was kind of a pain. The tree spun around but couldn't be moved, and it was basically completely in the way.

As I said I'm glad we went, but I'm not in a huge hurry to go back just yet. I did think it was really promising though!

Thanks for posting this review! We are doing this under the DDP while it is still 1TS (I think it will end up 2, but regardless it is a good value!) and also to try something new. I think this is great for setting realistic expectations and will be very happy if my experience is as good.. but not expecting a perfectly oiled machine just yet.

This meal, like all Disney meals, is very expensive for what you get... so if someone doesn't like something (like in the case of shrimp... people know if they don't like it and it's not a matter of preparation... they just don't like it) and there is an easy alternative, why wouldn't Disney allow it? It's fixed price yes but something like subbing a kid appetizer that is already in the kitchen is easy enough to do and good customer service. This is what Disney is known for and also why parents of kids with special needs (like myself) feel so safe and comfortable here... because Disney accommodates when they can. I don't think subbing the kid veggie plate for one of the appetizer items or an adult sized portion of a kid meal is remotely taking advantage of anything. And discussion of it on these boards helps people prepare so that they CAN keep their requests and expectations reasonable and realistic.

Last edited:
My family was very excited for this meal!! We went on 12/30 at 6:15pm. I did a DisBound as Snow White and carried a Danielle Nicole Dopey purse, lol...I fit in with the little girls in their outfits, and met another adult decked out in evil queen wear. Overall most people were dressed pretty casually, in jeans or shorts and t-shirts.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/89161658@N04/

Service was slow - our waiter had a ton of tables. I believe they were understaffed for the evening, because there were a lot of manager looking types (i.e. not in traditional server costuming) coming out to clear tables and things. When we were able to snag our server, he was accommodating, but I didn't end up with a single refill. My other family members did, b/c they drank at a speed that worked out with his timing. I'm slow I guess!!

Food was excellent!! The chicken pies were good, sort of tasted like an egg roll, which was odd but tasty. The shrimp was great! Plump and juicy, and the sauce was spicy but not *too* much, just enough for flavor, and whatever the other sauce in the jar with it was was really good (is it avocado cream? i can't remember, but it was good). Make sure you get all the saucy stuff in the jar onto your bite of shrimp! The butternut squash soup was the star app. I could have eaten a gallon of it, holy cow.

Oldest DS and I had the veal, and it was delicious. DH had the gnocchi, and it was the second best dish of the night. Youngest DS had the snapper, and while fine, it wasn't as good as the other two dishes. If we hadn't tasted the veal or gnocchi, our opinion may have been different.

Character interaction was pretty good, but we didn't engage quite as much as we do other places (weird, I know, since I was thrilled for these particular characters and dressed for the occasion). Snow was fine, and the dwarfs were both very fun. The queen was the real winner of the night. As we were being seated for dinner she was leaving for a break. She saw my purse and stopped me, and said thank you for bringing me the head of the dwarf, LOL!! When we met her officially as we were leaving, she said, "Ah yes, you are the one who brought me the head of the dwarf...next time bring me the WHOLE dwarf. You have three huntsmen with you, it shouldn't be too hard". She was gorgeous and perfect and amazing!

I'm not sharing the group photo with the queen, I look awful, LOL!!

Dessert was probably the weakest part of the meal, but definitely the most attractive. The little sour apple things were underwhelming after reading such positive reviews. I mean, they were fine, but sort of blah. The cake/frosting cup things were gross. The real winner was the gooseberry pie, and I'd have happily eaten all four of them myself! The popcorn/heart thing was dramatic and fun!! The chocolates were soft, with a creamy filling. The popcorn was...popcorn. The kind from Karamell Kuche in Germany is better in our opinion.

All four of us agreed we would return with no complaints. We were full but not miserable, the food was excellent as a whole, and the ambiance was so much fun. They did a nice job keeping Artist Point's signature look, but elevated it with the addition of the branches on the trees. It works, and doesn't look hokey or tacky - which it very easily could have!!

I would definitely recommend this meal, especially if they keep the food at this level of quality. Dessert was the only real weakness, but they sure were pretty.

xlsm, amazing pics and review. Thanks for taking the time to post them! 35 more days and we'll be there. Your review has really got me pumped for it.

If you subscribe to Touring Plans, you can request a reservation alert. They will text if a reservation becomes available. I was able to find a spot for our trip this way!

I've had a reservation finder going for at least a week for our party of 5. Someone around here posted that AP is one of the restaurants that they seem to have a much harder time getting an ADR for an odd party than an even one. So on a whim I added a second reservation finder, same day, same time, party of 6. That one popped twice tonight. I tried to get it the first time it popped and someone beat me to it - the same time popped again so I think they grabbed it and then changed their mind. I managed to get it the second time. :flower1:

But both finders should have alerted me - only the party of 6 version did. I didn't check to see if both would come up on MDE because I didn't want someone else to get it ahead of me again, but if you're looking for an odd party, you may want a reservation for the next highest even number.

Thanks everyone for the reviews. I know they're mixed, but we really want to see WL and the menu sounds good to us so we'll give it a try.

. The queen was the real winner of the night. As we were being seated for dinner she was leaving for a break. She saw my purse and stopped me, and said thank you for bringing me the head of the dwarf, LOL!! When we met her officially as we were leaving, she said, "Ah yes, you are the one who brought me the head of the dwarf...next time bring me the WHOLE dwarf. You have three huntsmen with you, it shouldn't be too hard". She was gorgeous and perfect and amazing!

I LOVE that interaction you had with the Evil Queen!! That must have been so fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter