Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

Reading the blog reviews has me even more torn, so I think I’ll hang on to our reservation for now and keep an eye out for how things shape up as they settle into this meal. At least one member of our party would only eat the prime rib, and based on what I’m seeing she wouldn’t be very happy with it. Also only one of us typically eats shrimp, so I guess he’d be getting a lot of it! Good value for him. :)

The setting, the characters, and a lot of the little touches all sound great, though, so I won’t give up on the idea yet.

Most likely will be ordering the Veal over the Prime Rib mainly because those Hay Smoked Carrots seem to be universally disliked.

I am hoping to get the Prime Rib as well when DW and I go in January. But I was surprised to hear the negative reviews about the carrots. Maybe they can be substituted with something else? Hopefully someone will report back before then. Otherwise I will ask at the end of January when I go.

ooh how were they? My kiddo does like roasted potatoes but they have to be done well. he is pretty picky.
They were good, nothing super memorable about them but sometimes that’s a good thing meaning they weren’t too fancy that I didn’t like them.

Given the consistently negative reviews of those carrots (I haven’t read a review yet that liked them), I won’t be surprised if the preparation is changed or they’re taken off the menu completely pretty soon. Have to wait and see, though. We’re keeping our ADR for late January.

What are the negative reviews about the carrots? It is too oddly specific to google.

Every review I’ve read that discussed the individual entrees has mentioned the smell and taste of the “hay-smoked” carrots that accompany the prime rib. Some have been mildly negative and others have used stronger words. If you skim the various reviews (for example, here on the DIS, Disney Food Blog, Josh’s) until you come to the description of the prime rib entree, you’ll see what I mean.

They were good, nothing super memorable about them but sometimes that’s a good thing meaning they weren’t too fancy that I didn’t like them.
not memorable is probably good, unless they are the best potatoes you've ever eaten and I would be shocked if that were the case!

Every review I’ve read that discussed the individual entrees has mentioned the smell and taste of the “hay-smoked” carrots that accompany the prime rib. Some have been mildly negative and others have used stronger words. If you skim the various reviews (for example, here on the DIS, Disney Food Blog, Josh’s) until you come to the description of the prime rib entree, you’ll see what I mean.
I watched a few reviews on YouTube. World of Micah, I believe, specifically said he liked the carrots smokey taste.

Our reservation is for 12/22. We're a party of 3 vegetarians, so I'm very much looking forward to the well-reviewed gnocchi dish! :) Super curious about what they will do for the appetizer course though...whether we'll just get the soup or whether they'll perhaps bring us the kids' appetizer (cheese & veggies) as well. I'll report back after our visit!

Our reservation is for 12/22. We're a party of 3 vegetarians, so I'm very much looking forward to the well-reviewed gnocchi dish! :) Super curious about what they will do for the appetizer course though...whether we'll just get the soup or whether they'll perhaps bring us the kids' appetizer (cheese & veggies) as well. I'll report back after our visit!
Looking forward to it as I’m curious as to what they do for non meat eaters as well

I am hoping to get the Prime Rib as well when DW and I go in January. But I was surprised to hear the negative reviews about the carrots. Maybe they can be substituted with something else? Hopefully someone will report back before then. Otherwise I will ask at the end of January when I go.

I actually asked to sub out the carrots and was told that there are no substitutions. Boy was I glad! They are delicious. THey are. Lightly smoked and well seasoned.

Given the consistently negative reviews of those carrots (I haven’t read a review yet that liked them), I won’t be surprised if the preparation is changed or they’re taken off the menu completely pretty soon. Have to wait and see, though. We’re keeping our ADR for late January.

I likes the carrots, and belive that unless there is a mutiny they will remain for the time being. They were delicious.

What are the negative reviews about the carrots? It is too oddly specific to google.
Someone compared them to eating cigarettes so my guess is the hay-smoked technique isn’t going well? Or perhaps just unfamiliar palates? I happen to love smoked foods.

On what planet is "hay smoked" a good idea? We burn hay often...it's not pleasant.

Someone compared them to eating cigarettes so my guess is the hay-smoked technique isn’t going well? Or perhaps just unfamiliar palates? I happen to love smoked foods.
it could be they did not have the technique down just yet. Also reviews said they were hard. They must be tweaking them.

I hope so. I don't eat good carrots, much less bad ones. LOL

I'm going next week, and will also be asking about substituting for some of the side items. I think it would be best if they would start allowing every guest to select from the list of sides, instead of limiting each entree to go with predetermined sides.

Ok can we all just picture a restaurant full of adult bloggers last night taking food photos? Every web site I follow was there and they all loved it! That would be a funny site....

I was there and my family is now in pictures on a few of those blogs lol - and yet I barely saw anything that made me aware that was happening! It's funny as I was expecting lots of bloggers, and at the time couldn't tell they were there and assumed they must have all decided to come on a different day instead, perhaps when the restaurant had had some time to get over teething issues. It *seemed* to be families and regular diners. With a whole lot of Disney management standing around watching. :rotfl:

I wanted to add - hubby had the carrots. He's the fussiest eater I've ever known in my life, put off by colours and textures as a kid - he never even ate meat at all till he was 38 years old and there is still a plethora of foods he won't go near. He ate the carrots and doesn't remember them as being terrible lol. The prime rib was more rare than he would prefer but I think that rather than those being cooked to order, they are trying to keep them at medium-rare - medium, and you get what you get at the time (according to our server anyway). We are Antipodeans though and I think our food can be a little different to what we are being served here so maybe that's what made the carrots acceptable to him lol.

Do watch how many dining credits you are charged if you use the dining plan. We discovered today that we were charged two and when we had someone look into it, she could see that they are still charging at two credits as if the restaurant is the signature that it was.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter