"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

Forgive my lack of knowledge here. I've heard you have to leave the gated area in order to get on the slide. It's what ultimately had us decide to delay a trip to this resort until our kids are a bit older as I don't want to have to worry about that. The refurb announcements says "Before long, the Stormalong Bay waterslide will be back with its treasured 230-foot-long plunge that begins on the mast of a pirate shipwreck."

Has it always started there or are they redesigning it?

I hear your concern. I remember the pain of having 2 young children that were 6 years apart and having to go back and forth with the young one in tow. That pool needs a 1-to-1 ratio of adults to children! It is a great pool though.

(The slide has always started at the "pirate shipwreck")

We just became members at Riviera last month, and booked our first trip as DVC members at Beach Club Villas in April :lovestruc This has been on my bucket list for awhile, I am so excited!

I keep hoping a reservation at Beaches and Cream opens up - do they offer a wait list if not?

We just became members at Riviera last month, and booked our first trip as DVC members at Beach Club Villas in April :lovestruc This has been on my bucket list for awhile, I am so excited!

I keep hoping a reservation at Beaches and Cream opens up - do they offer a wait list if not?
I'm staying at BCV in April and have a B&C reservation that we MIGHT cancel...for the 12th at 9:15. Will you be there that night?

They typically will add you if it's not too late in the day and if you can wait a couple of hours. We often get on the list around noon and get in by 1:30-2:00pm. We're hanging out at the pool anyway so we time it strategically when we actually want to go in. Also, they usually can accommodate you if you show up right when they open, too. (don't tell too many people though! 🤫)

I'm staying at BCV in April and have a B&C reservation that we MIGHT cancel...for the 12th at 9:15. Will you be there that night?
My 5 yo will never hang that late but thanks so much for thinking of us!

They typically will add you if it's not too late in the day and if you can wait a couple of hours. We often get on the list around noon and get in by 1:30-2:00pm. We're hanging out at the pool anyway so we time it strategically when we actually want to go in. Also, they usually can accommodate you if you show up right when they open, too. (don't tell too many people though! 🤫)
Thanks for that - super helpful and I won't spend as much time stalking now.

O
1 queen, 1 sofa bed, and the small pull down bed under the TV.
I see they are refurbished. Just looked online. Nice. My dd didn't like the sofa bed last time so maybe she'd like the Murphy bed but she will be 9 and is kind of tall...so might need to go with SSR or OKW for a better bed for her.

Checking into BCV for the time next Saturday. Anyone stay recently have experience with what time MK and AK buses are arriving? Thank you!

Weird question - do they have real bowls/ mugs in the kitchenette during covid or is it all paper? Planned on making some microwaved scrambled eggs while there.

Weird question - do they have real bowls/ mugs in the kitchenette during covid or is it all paper? Planned on making some microwaved scrambled eggs while there.
We were in a 1BR in January and it was real bowls/plates/mugs/glasses....... We were in a studio in December and it was paper products. I was able to microwave scrambled eggs in the paper bowl....45 seconds on high!

A very happy BCV owner here. We have been owners since Feb 2002. Our most recent stay was March 8-12. It was wonderful of course. We took my brother and SIL and they couldn't believe how great it was and how close it was to Epcot. The new flat screens are wonderful, just wish Disney would offer a few more channels.
We have owned since fall of '02. So many fond memories, especially with grandchildren who are no longer children. Next trip is October (studio for wife and I - 7 days)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter