"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

So excited, just booked a BCV studio for our June 2021 Disney World vacation. We had scheduled a WDW + cruise vacation, but the cruise was canceled recently, and we decided to extend our WDW stay "to make up for it". This will be our first stay at the BC since 2008 (!), and our very first time at the DVC BCVs. (We own at the Grand Californian, and used our points for Wilderness Lodge CCC at the "head" of our trip ).

Does anyone know the status of the SAB slide refurb? Do we know if it has reopened?

We were in a 1BR in January and it was real bowls/plates/mugs/glasses....... We were in a studio in December and it was paper products. I was able to microwave scrambled eggs in the paper bowl....45 seconds on high!
It is normally paper products in the studios and real dishes in the 1-3 bedrooms. You can ask for more paper products if you run out

Hey everyone, quick question: all the days from here until January are booked (minus a day or 2). Is there no hope to pick up some days before that??? My state finally lifted the travel quarantine for us so we are ready to travel. Thanks all!

Hey everyone, quick question: all the days from here until January are booked (minus a day or 2). Is there no hope to pick up some days before that??? My state finally lifted the travel quarantine for us so we are ready to travel. Thanks all!
I picked up 4 nights in a 1 bedroom about 3 weeks ago for a trip in May. So I would say yes! Waitlist something and then just check the website everyday, you’ll see availability changes frequently.

I picked up 4 nights in a 1 bedroom about 3 weeks ago for a trip in May. So I would say yes! Waitlist something and then just check the website everyday, you’ll see availability changes frequently.
Oooooh - I have a waitlist and I have been stalking so I will keep my fingers crossed! I just need 2 or 3 nights so I am hoping it will work out.

Wow, people actually follow those quarantine rules? Interesting :laughing:

Studios always book up first but there are a bunch of days in 1BR and some in 2BR open

Wow, people actually follow those quarantine rules? Interesting :laughing:

Studios always book up first but there are a bunch of days in 1BR and some in 2BR open
They accost you at the airport to fill out a form - like actual National Guard soldiers and then they call you each day you are supposed to be home. It's a big hassle and yes I just LOOOOOVE NY. :earboy2:

They accost you at the airport to fill out a form - like actual National Guard soldiers and then they call you each day you are supposed to be home. It's a big hassle and yes I just LOOOOOVE NY. :earboy2:
Impressive! At Chicago (Midway) they just cram everyone tightly into a couple of baggage claim areas and say they aren't using the others "because of covid". 🤣

Ah well, just watch out for the fake milkshakes at B&C now. Ask for "real ice cream" whenever you order one or else you're getting stuck with shake mix. (That stuff is probably the original source of covid for all we know...)

Impressive! At Chicago (Midway) they just cram everyone tightly into a couple of baggage claim areas and say they aren't using the others "because of covid". 🤣

Ah well, just watch out for the fake milkshakes at B&C now. Ask for "real ice cream" whenever you order one or else you're getting stuck with shake mix. (That stuff is probably the original source of covid for all we know...)
Wait. What? They don’t use real ice cream for the shake s? My hubby gets a chocolate malt and loves them. But he’d be disappointed to know it wasn’t real ice cream. What is it???

Wait. What? They don’t use real ice cream for the shake s? My hubby gets a chocolate malt and loves them. But he’d be disappointed to know it wasn’t real ice cream. What is it???

It's whatever shake mix goes with the machine they put in after they remodeled. Don't worry, though - just remember to specifically ask for "real ice cream" and they'll make it correctly for you. :)

Hi All! We are heading down in 3 weeks and are SO excited. Like so many, this is our 4th try in the past year...so we are really looking forward to getting back to WDW. We are doing a split stay and are so thrilled to have gotten off the waitlist last month so we can stay at our home resort. Is anyone able to sort of describe the scene at BC for me? I am having such a hard time picturing things. Is the resort crowded? The pools? I just realized today that Hurricane Hannah’s is closed :( Made me feel like I need to start doing my research to relearn the ropes. Can you do to-go from Beaches & Cream? Any other important info that could aid in my planning? We are not planning to eat inside. I was excited to see that you can mobile order Ale & Compass to-go. Thanks so much for any info.

Hi All! We are heading down in 3 weeks and are SO excited. Like so many, this is our 4th try in the past year...so we are really looking forward to getting back to WDW. We are doing a split stay and are so thrilled to have gotten off the waitlist last month so we can stay at our home resort. Is anyone able to sort of describe the scene at BC for me? I am having such a hard time picturing things. Is the resort crowded? The pools? I just realized today that Hurricane Hannah’s is closed :( Made me feel like I need to start doing my research to relearn the ropes. Can you do to-go from Beaches & Cream? Any other important info that could aid in my planning? We are not planning to eat inside. I was excited to see that you can mobile order Ale & Compass to-go. Thanks so much for any info.

Well, I can't speak to what is going on right this minute, I can describe what it was like when we were there over Columbus Day weekend and week following.

The resort was busy, but not overly crowded. Stormalong was busy--but again, not like middle of summer on a sweltering day busy. The Dunes Cove pool always had space, but there was work going on around it the entire time we were there AND, not too long ago someone indicate it was continuing--exterior painting, repairs, etc. While we were there a painting crew painted the pool house and the towel house as well as the fencing for the entire 10 days we were there. The were still there when we left. The courtyard side of BCV was also being repaired--soffits, lower roof line repairs and painting.

The quiet pool at BC was available and rarely had any one in it.

Hurricane Hanna's is not completely closed--the grill and self-serve drink station is not available. The bar is open and offers cold sandwiches and salads as well as cocktails.

B&C closed its "to go" window which only offered drinks and small sundaes anyway. It is difficult, but not impossible to get a walk up at B&C during off hours. Martha's Vineyard has been open and offers a couple of sandwiches and cocktails--not sure if to go is an option there because we had a night cap and snack while seated. Ale & Compass is fully open at YC and it does offer to go items.

Both QS at BC and YC are available with the usual QS foods. Check out the menus for the latest offerings.

We were always able to find seating at the pools although I have read online and on these boards that there have been instances where Stormalong met capacity and folks had a wait time to get into that area.

Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter