Stitch Replacement?

Of course I'm sure I'm wrong, but I believe that the Stitch replacement is going to be Star Wars related.

I never understood the appeal and following of Stitch until I saw "Mickey and the Magical Map" at Disneyland ... and Stitch literally got a standing ovation and the show paused for a moment for people to calm down so the singers weren't being cheered over.

Stitch fans that haven't been should definitely make the journey to Disneyland, because he's featured quite prominently all over the parks - in shows, character meals, etc. He doesn't have a ride, but there are plenty of more personal opportunities to interact with him.

That said, ExtraTerrorestrial (or whatever they called it back in the 90's) was a ride that was definitely ahead of its time in both concept and "fear factor". I think it would fair far better today than it did back then. I'm excited to see what goes in here ... though, I will say that Minions is easily the worst ride at Universal (I know I'm in the minority) - so I hope it's more inspired and less vomit-inducing as Minions.

For some of us, Stitch is the greatest, most memorable character to come out of the early 2000s. Lilo and Stitch (the actual movie) has an 86% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes. That's pretty darn good.

The character's appeal really depends on your demographics. My son was born in 2003. He was introduced early on to the Lilo and Stitch franchise. He loved stitch. To this day, his stuffed Stitch (which has seen better days and had to have surgery after being savaged by dogs) is still a treasured possession. Even as an adult, I can appreciate Stitch and have thoroughly enjoyed most of his movies/shows.

The ride, on the other hand, is an abomination. Part of the problem, in my opinion, is that they didn't do enough to change the ExtraTERRORestial ride into a Stitch ride. If you've been on both, it becomes very obvious that Stitch was basically just pasted on top of an existing ride with very few changes. And unfortunately, the nature of the previous ride is such that it is not really appropriate for most children--the demographic that Stitch appeals to. My son rode it once, 5 or 6 years ago and has zero desire to ever go back. And that's honestly a shame for someone who loves Stitch.

Would I welcome a change? Yes. For us, that ride is essentially dead space in Tomorrowland. Would I love to see a re-done Stitch dark ride? Heck yeah! But, the reality is that Stitch is old news and something different will go in there. Rumors of a Wreck-It Ralph ride? Easily the best Disney film of this decade (yes, that includes Frozen).

It's about time. This ride always felt like a placeholder to me; an incomplete feel with a shabby overlay of a character I never really liked or had any affinity for.

The Stitch ride is totally devoid of the "awwww"-inducing family connection message that made the movie somewhat tolerable. It doesn't have the "Disney Magic" feel for me at all.

Pretty much anything they put in there will be a HUGE improvement! Bonus if it can accommodate many guests at a time and reduce some of the crowding in Tomorrowland!

I would love to see this ride change, it scared the cr*p out of my godchildren and we never rode it again, lol. I know people love stitch but he needs a new ride! So I hope this rumor is true.

I would love to see this ride change, it scared the cr*p out of my godchildren and we never rode it again, lol. I know people love stitch but he needs a new ride! So I hope this rumor is true.

Luckily they didn't go on the former incarnation. Alien Encounter scared the cr*p out of some adults.

Part of the problem, in my opinion, is that they didn't do enough to change the ExtraTERRORestial ride into a Stitch ride. If you've been on both, it becomes very obvious that Stitch was basically just pasted on top of an existing ride with very few changes. And unfortunately, the nature of the previous ride is such that it is not really appropriate for most children--the demographic that Stitch appeals to. My son rode it once, 5 or 6 years ago and has zero desire to ever go back. And that's honestly a shame for someone who loves Stitch.

This, to me, is the biggest thing. I went on Stitch during my solo trip in 2013. I've always been a fan of Disney, but never obsessed about it prior to my solo trip, because that is when I saw just how much Disney has to offer, so at the time I had no idea what the space Stitch takes up used to be. I didn't think it would be "scary" because I mean...y'know...it has Stitch. To me, it was a terrifying experience. Going into it completely blind...awful. There are two things I can't stand, being constricted and being in the pitch black. This ride gave me so much anxiety that all I can do is laugh back at it now.

Honestly, shame on me for not knowing, but I completely agree, the ride doesn't fit the demographic.

I would gladly see Stitch's ride leave, even though I absolutely adore his character. Wreck it Ralph? Even better, though I'm not sure how it fits into the Tomorrowland theme. But then, I never understood how Toy Story or Monsters Inc weren't a stretch for that area either.

What I do wonder is if they'll bring back the arcade, as that's the setting of Wreck it Ralph. And if so.. does that lead ALSO to the possibility of Tron and the Shanghai coaster. Wishful thinking, but would make a really neat theming opportunity, given that both franchises are based on the concept of being inside the games and linked to an arcade setting.

Why would it be difficult and expensive to put something new into where stitch is? From what I understand this would be a relatively cheap and quick redo.

Monsters isn't going anywhere.

There are plenty of relevant things that could go into tomorrowland even more relevant than stitch. Big Hero 6 and wreck it Ralph are the rumored IPs right now for the replacement.

The building wouldn't be demolished it would just be changed inside.

{Two rides and a show? They would only be closing stitch nothing else. I'm confused where you are getting that.} I'm implying if they tore down stitch and monsters, the people mover would be shut down while they were putting in new attractions.

How do we know what Walt wanted? Maybe he would've gotten rid of the people mover by now.

This would be a pretty simple change of attractions and it's not like stitch is brining in a lot of people. MK needs people eating attractions. That's the busiest park right now.
I'm referencing rumors, pure speculation. It's just my opinion. I think people will complain no matter what goes in in place of stitch. people like to do that. Look at maelstrom being turned to frozen ever after. People complained. a lot. my only complaint about FEA

I'd rather see wreck it ralph get an actual ride, rather than anything they could put in in place of stitch. Big hero 6 needs an attraction as well, I'm not arguing that. I just have trouble picturing it going into magic kingdom, mostly due to my wishful thinking about epcot.

obviously you're far more experienced when it comes to disney rumors, I see your posts all the time, and you seem to be pretty accurate. I was kinda just mashing everything up in my head rumor wise. I've seen a lot of talk about monsters laugh floor. They need a ride too, in my opinion.

I would love to see some amped up attractions for all these movies, they're all favorites of mine. Like I said though, Epcot is the park that really needs help. if they are going to put movie attractions in epcot anyway, I think there'd be room there for all these amazing movies to have amazing rides. Future world needs some assistance. All these movies fit into a "Future" setting, right? That's why we're talking about them in tomorrowland. I just think Disney might want to make Epcot more of a "people eater" as you say, before doing more than minor work in MK.

If I'm wrong about them taking out stitch, I really hope they'll make a new and better stitch ride, maybe in future world. Stitch is my favorite character.
And if they put in wreck it ralph, it better rock! And have no bad smells, lol. Maybe candy smells.

I'm referencing rumors, pure speculation. It's just my opinion. I think people will complain no matter what goes in in place of stitch. people like to do that. Look at maelstrom being turned to frozen ever after. People complained. a lot. my only complaint about FEA

I'd rather see wreck it ralph get an actual ride, rather than anything they could put in in place of stitch. Big hero 6 needs an attraction as well, I'm not arguing that. I just have trouble picturing it going into magic kingdom, mostly due to my wishful thinking about epcot.

obviously you're far more experienced when it comes to disney rumors, I see your posts all the time, and you seem to be pretty accurate. I was kinda just mashing everything up in my head rumor wise. I've seen a lot of talk about monsters laugh floor. They need a ride too, in my opinion.

I would love to see some amped up attractions for all these movies, they're all favorites of mine. Like I said though, Epcot is the park that really needs help. if they are going to put movie attractions in epcot anyway, I think there'd be room there for all these amazing movies to have amazing rides. Future world needs some assistance. All these movies fit into a "Future" setting, right? That's why we're talking about them in tomorrowland. I just think Disney might want to make Epcot more of a "people eater" as you say, before doing more than minor work in MK.

If I'm wrong about them taking out stitch, I really hope they'll make a new and better stitch ride, maybe in future world. Stitch is my favorite character.
And if they put in wreck it ralph, it better rock! And have no bad smells, lol. Maybe candy smells.
People always complain but you can't compare this at all to frozen in maelstrom. This is no way the same thing at all. This would be an IP moving where another IP already exists.

I can also guarantee no where near as many will complain if they get rid of stitch. It's one of the worst reviewed attractions in WDW.

Monsters was rumored to get a ride in DHS at one point but that ship sailed a long time ago.

I agree with you that stitch should still be at WDW but I don't think there will be an out poor of negative comments if this attraction goes away.

I haven't been on that ride since I was a kid and it was Alien Encounter. Traumatized me enough not to see the Stitch reincarnation. My DH and 6yo were not fans of it last year. In my defense, I warned them haha.

I'd LOVE something big hero 6. Anywhere. There really is so much they could do with that. Soarin style - over sanfransokyo on Baymax's back. Coaster. shooting game like TSMM with his rocket fists.

What I do wonder is if they'll bring back the arcade, as that's the setting of Wreck it Ralph. And if so.. does that lead ALSO to the possibility of Tron and the Shanghai coaster. Wishful thinking, but would make a really neat theming opportunity, given that both franchises are based on the concept of being inside the games and linked to an arcade setting.

Sadly, I don't think they'll be bringing back an arcade. There was an issue a few years back in Florida with "Internet Cafes" which were really just fronts for online gambling. Florida passed a law regarding electronic amusement games that, as worded, was overly broad and easily misinterpreted. As such, many companies started scaling back or even closing legitimate arcade type venues to avoid running afoul of the law.

For example, see http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-florida-gambling-arcardes-scott-maxwell-20150113-column.html

well, since you're the only one not mocking my post, i'll answer you.

I'm not mocking you. In fact, I feel bad for Stitch fans because he's a very popular character that was given a bum ride. I would love to see a new Stitch experience, but this current one has got to go. Even if you love Stitch and he's your favorite character, you have to admit his current representation is just awful.

Sadly, I don't think they'll be bringing back an arcade. There was an issue a few years back in Florida with "Internet Cafes" which were really just fronts for online gambling. Florida passed a law regarding electronic amusement games that, as worded, was overly broad and easily misinterpreted. As such, many companies started scaling back or even closing legitimate arcade type venues to avoid running afoul of the law.

For example, see http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-florida-gambling-arcardes-scott-maxwell-20150113-column.html

Yeah, they fixed all that in regard to legitimate arcades. Since the tickets have no value then it's up to the establishment to decide their value and if they want to let you trade something of no value for something of value then that's their business. So, if you win 1,000,000 tickets and want to trade that for an Xbox and the establishment lets you and then you go and sell that Xbox for $100, then that's all fine.

However, if the establishment lets you trade 1,000,000 tickets for a $50 gift card then that's no bueno.

However, Disney has not gotten rid of the arcades in their resorts.

Can't say I've been on Stitch more than once or twice in my life. As much as I enjoy Lilo & Stitch, I'm not a huge fan of the attraction. I'm here for a well executed Wreck it Ralph attraction.

To tell you the truth Space Mountain and People Mover are the only great or real good attractions in Tomorrowland. So if any land needs something it is this one. I wouldn't cry a single tear if Stitch (aliens and the worst ride in WDW), Indy speedway (old cars) and Monsters inc (monsters?) were erased from existence.

Also none of them fit with the theming.

I'm not mocking you. In fact, I feel bad for Stitch fans because he's a very popular character that was given a bum ride. I would love to see a new Stitch experience, but this current one has got to go. Even if you love Stitch and he's your favorite character, you have to admit his current representation is just awful.
Sorry, some posts seemed sarcastic. Internet doesn't translate emotion. Stitch is my favorite character, and the current ride is bad, but I'd rather see him have something in the parks rather than nothing. They took away the photo pass stitch magic shots. They discontinued his meet and greet for a while, thankfully brought him back, and now there's talk of getting rid of his attraction. Stitch is awesome. I'm wishing for more stitch. I go to the Ohana breakfast every time I visit. (lilo and stitch really love my ohana tattoo...) I really hope that if they replace great escape, that something really cool goes in its place, and that stitch gets a new home. I'm worried if they try to shoehorn a new attraction in there, that it's still going to be awful. I hope disney takes the time to put something wonderful there if they do take out stitch.

They took away the photo pass stitch magic shots.

I was not aware of this :sad2:

I agree with you 100%. Stitch does need some representation in the parks in the form of an attraction and I too hope that whatever finally goes in the space is pretty special. It would be cool if it were another stitch attraction.

To tell you the truth Space Mountain and People Mover are the only great or real good attractions in Tomorrowland. So if any land needs something it is this one. I wouldn't cry a single tear if Stitch (aliens and the worst ride in WDW), Indy speedway (old cars) and Monsters inc (monsters?) were erased from existence.

Also none of them fit with the theming.

I agree wholeheartedly with you, but wow do the little kids love the Indy Speedway. That was the thing my son was looking forward to the most. He was going to get to drive his own car...

It sure does take up a lot of space though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter