Still trying to decide -BCV

Lady Hiss

Mouseketeer
After looking at the pictures of the BCV bathroom area in a one bedroom, I'm wondering about the vanities. It appears there's little or no room for guests to put any toiletry items anywhere near the sink. Am I missing something? This would be a real problem for a family with 2 teenage girls and an aging mom with lots of potions and make-up. Thanks for any insight. :(

I assume you are looking at a studio. The one bedroom and larger units have very sufficient bathrooms. I am one of those much maligned people that believe you really don't experience the true benefits of DVC unless you are staying in a one bedroom or larger unit.

If you look at these pictures, you will see there is 2 sinks in the 1 bedrrom, one next to the shower which has no couter space at all and the one next to the tub has some counter space to the left of the sink but you can't see in the picture is there is any to the right of the sink http://www.members.aol.com/suedvc/bcv.html

Not sure which pictures of 1BR you are talking about. The typical 1BR will have two sink areas. With one of them, you are correct as there will only be a small shelf above the sink. However, there is another sink area with a full vanity.

drusba, the pics are in the link on my post.

Sorry, didn't notice the link. I think what you see is it. They have gone to a smaller vanity there for the sink next to the tub than they have at other resorts.

Anyone who has looked at the pictures, do you get the same impression as I do that the studio is larger than the ones at BWV and VWL?

No. I don't really see where the studio is bigger. I do think it may look that way since the furniture is much lighter than in either VWL or BWV.

Here is some info on sq footage from another post:

One Bedroom
BWV - 712
WLV - 727
OKW - 942
BCV - 726

Studios are:
BWV - 359
WLV - 356
OKW - 376
BCV - 356

2 Bedroom
BWV - 1,071
WLV - 1,080
OKW - 1,333
BCV - 1,083

Im surprised with the square footage you have quoted because the BCV model at the Boardwalk make the BCV room size significantly smaller than the Boardwalk villas. I noticed it in the living room , bedroom and walkin closet off the bathroom in the one bedroom. I asked about it and was told that yes the BCV one bedroom was about 90 to 100 square feet smaller the Boardwalk. We bought in ( YEAH!!!!) but I was a little dissappointed with the square footage. Any one with different info?

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Like I said this was not my square footage, this was from another post. Does anyone have confirmation?

In the master bedroom, is there a desk next to the bed? Does it have a mirror? That might be a great place to put on makeup, nicer than the bathroom vanity.

Just a thought....

Terry S...I can confirm that the sq ft numbers that you have for the BCV are the same as our guide told my DH on 2/3 when we purchased. I did post those BCV figures awhile ago. Perhaps the model is not quite the same as the actual BCV units???

Boardwalk Tigger...was it the salesperson at the model who told you they were smaller or your guide? I sure hope he/she was wrong.

Captain Midnight... I have had the same thoughts about using that mirror and desk for makeup. Thanks to Sue for the great pictures and Terry S for posting the link whenever someone asks. I love those pictures.

Thanks for all the replies. I guess the area next to the bed might be the place to put all the toiletries, but I'm not too thrilled with that idea. Too bad they cut corners on the vanities. I HOPE they didn't cut the square footage as well. :( It would've been nice to be able to walk through a unit while we were there last month, but that wasn't possible. It's hard to visualize from the pictures. Thanks again everyone.

Hi BVC23,

I noticed how much smaller these areas were when we took the tour and when I asked our salesman he said they were 90 to 100 sq feet smaller. I didn't notice any difference in the studio. There is a big difference in the living area and walkin closet off the bathroom in the one bedroom unit. The bedroom seemed smaller too.

Maybe the model was just smaller , I don't know. Our sales person never mentioned that some of the 2 bedrooms had two beds instead of a bed and a couch. I asked hom specifically about this. Then I read on these boards that there are some 2 bedrooms that do have this feature. He is not new and is a very smooth salesman. I actually liked him but he didn't volunteer any information. He only responded when I put a question to him. I hope he is wrong . I would like the additional space.

Another thought....Could there be extra square footage be in the entrance way of the units. This seemed much larger than the BWV's?

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Boardwalk Tigger...thanks for the reply. I sure hope the extra room isn't just in the entrance...we don't spend alot of time there:D ! Didn't someone post about the furniture being larger in BCV?

Am I mistaken, or isn't there usually a shelving unit in the area with the whirlpool tub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter