Still Feeding Nebo: The may trip final chapter pg 122, Dec. 31

Driving trips with us are funny. Even though I'm the one behind the wheel, Diane is really the driver. She has the Atlas on her lap for almost the entire trip.

Once I punch in the cruise control, all I do is aim.
That is us too... He 'drives' and I tell him every turn to make. Sometimes he listens, and the rest of the time we go the wrong way.

Did you ever watch someone try to take a nap in the front seat of a car with the seatbelt on?

It's pretty entertaining.
There is more shuffling, moving around, moaning, groaning, "tsk tsking".
I checked to make sure her door was locked.

Pure torture. You wan to sleep yet cant seem to get in a position that will let you truly fall all the way asleep.

Nebo, Nebo, Nebo. Haven't you conned your doctor into proscribing you a TENS unit yet for your back? (TENS = Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation)
(Pun warning!) It'll really give you a major buzz. O.K, so you had to have used one to get that one.
My TENS unit saved this last Disney World vacation for me. I can't take NSAIDS because I am allergic to them. Just give me half a Flexeril at night 3 nights in a row and I am in major space city. Let's not even consider Vicodin. I would prefer to be awake during my Disney trip!
All you have to do is slap on the sticky pad electrodes, connect the wires to the little box, turn it on,choose your level, and attach to your waisteband or other semi-stationary piece of clothing.
You may look like a walking home made bomb, but it fools your brain into stopping all those nasty back spasms.
Just be careful what you say when you go through security. Murmering something resembling Farsi under your breath just might get you some really special treatment.
And don't let your DW tell everyone that you are "da bomb!":rolleyes1

Those things are so cool! My chiro. hooks me up to them when I go there and they are heaven. I cant imagine being lucky enough to have my very own! My back was out for a few days last week and I would have killed for one of my own.

I tried to copy what I wrote but the carbon paper makes a big mess. (you kids have NO idea what carbon paper is, do you?) lexmelinda... HELP!!!!
Diane! I know all about carbon paper! I went to high school back in the dark ages when they taught classes like Typing and Shorthand. Little did we know.

RE: quoting....just click on that tiny little button with the piece of paper and the quote marks (the middle button) at the bottom of each post you want to quote. The button will turn red to indicate you are quoting. You can press as many of these buttons as you want and when you hit the "Post Reply" button, all those posts will appear in the reply window. Just edit the text inside quote brackets (which looks like this
) and delete everything except the part you want to quote. Then outside the quote brackets you can type your comments. I think you did a fine job without all this info BTW.
Only the last poster was Lexmelinda. Huh? It said, " Tee Hee, I'm first" She knows how much I like Tee Hee. But, she had posted while my SCREEN was changing.
Strange woman? OK...I admit this is a little freaky. I had been gone from home almost all day Saturday watching and helping with 2 performances of my daughter's play. I got home Saturday night, sat down at the computer for the first time in many hours, went to the TR board, and there was your lonely little trip report with no posts other than yours. I thought I'd take pity and post but I didn't realize that you had only been posted it a nano-second ago! :laughing: Posted that little "tee hee" thing to save my spot because there were teenagers stampeding towards the computer and I had to save myself.
The prayer basically amounted to, "Dear Heavenly Father, please don't let me drive off the Smokies."
:laughing: I have these same thoughts whenever we drive through that mountain corridor to Ashville!
This time the route is totally alien to us. From Indy, it's on to Cincy, then Lexingmelindaton, Knoxville, Ashville, N.C., Spartanburg, S.C., Columbia, Savannah, Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Daytona, then Orlando.
Nice to know I am now synonymous with my town. Never been this way? Just wanted to check out the scenery? This is our annual route to the beach at Charleston...or at least the Lexingmelindaton to Columbia part. Beautiful...isn't it?
I checked to make sure her door was locked.

Don't want to lose the Atlas!:rolleyes1
:laughing: The well has not run dry! Poor Diane!
Yes, Melinda, my digital camera went along with when my high speed internet access and cell phone eloped.:snooty:
I figured. :sad2: That's OK...we'll take what we can get. :laughing:

"3 useless Darvocets. "

:lmao: I take 1 Darvocet and I'm out for 2 days and emailing strange notes to family members!

Great Start Nebo! I cant wait to hear about Universal. I was thinking about going there or to Sea world on my upcoming trip in Sept. But I am not sure if it is worth giving up one Disney day for.:confused3

Can't wait to read more as I have enjoyed your other reports so much:surfweb:

I missed yesterday's report. Was it Thursday? My day's are all mixed up.
Just keep typing. Just keep typing.
Angela

You sound so lucid, I'm impressed!

I sense a medication emergency forthcoming. Seriously, I feel for your pain. I have this horrible lower back pain thanks to a nice c-curved spine. Pain is such a pain. :laughing:

Lexy- I bemember carbon paper and white out strips. Good times.

Smidge- Next time go the scenic route through Utah. Really, it's no bother! I'll "cook" some Big Macs for us. It's an open invitation!

Smidgy, I am the carbon paper and white out queen! Spent countless hours correcting college papers for both me an my hubby (in the middle of the night mostly!).

Today's kids have it so easy, they didn't have to walk to school in the snow uphill both ways like we, ummh, slight more mature people did... :rolleyes1

Ok, you may now continue.. lol

Love ya!!!

I am here, still lurking.

We did disneyland and California adventure over the last two days. I've been posting updates but am in no way as creative as you and Jaime, therefore nowhere near as funny. I don't know how you two do it. I can guess from having regular conversations with you two that it comes naturally for both of you.

Keep em comin dude.

I also agree that your audience is almost as funny as you are, they are what keeps me coming back in between your Monday and Thursday updates :) the tag teaming with smidgy is bonus!

Woo hoo! I finally got in on the ground floor of a nebo report. Well, the fourth floor (page) but really, really close to the beginning anyway!

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your adventures.

Your pal,
New Mexico Army or New Michigan Amy (I answer to pretty much anything!) :lmao:

Yeah after reading all of the last report "after the fact" this seems like the ground floor to me too.

BTW Nebo, if you don't want to use word or notepad, just occasionally highlight what you have typed and select copy. It is soooo worth it not to lose a long post.

Hi, Nebo, this is the first of your TRs I've read and it's hilarious already! Glad to hear that you all decided to travel through our part of the country to get to Disney--we lived in Asheville for 11 years and now are back "home" about an hour north. When we went to WDW last year I drove the first leg and didn't relinquish the wheel to DH till the FL line (must have been adrenaline!) That was just a tad too far!!

OK, tomorrow's Thursday, so I'll be looking for the next chapter!:rolleyes:

Nebo,

I too am glad I can jump on board at the beginning (of this report anyway).:banana:

Let's hope we don't get to hear about too many mishaps on this one - although the way you write about them is hilarious.

Looking forward to more - popcorn::

Thanks for helping me De-Lurk.

Mike

Hey Lock! Glad to see you! Oh boy, another guy! And looking at his posts, I was his first! wait, that probably didn't come out right.

This is going to be fun! Thanks for inviting me along...!!!

Heather :upsidedow

Hi heather, wow! An Aussie? Glad to have you on board. We have always meant to take a trip and drive down there sometime.

uh oh, is he talking about that four letter F word? ya, know film?
Good stuff so far popcorn:: (thanks utahmomma for the kettle corn!)

Yep, you got it right, Shawn, that four letter word, film.

From Dance:

Those things are so cool! My chiro. hooks me up to them when I go there and they are heaven. I cant imagine being lucky enough to have my very own! My back was out for a few days last week and I would have killed for one of my own.

I never even heard of the thing. Do they come extra strenth?

"3 useless Darvocets. "

:lmao: I take 1 Darvocet and I'm out for 2 days and emailing strange notes to family members!

Winders, Shats wheere the rezisnance fackter comes in frumm takin them regly. Ijust tooke tww vikes and uu could nevver tellll.

Great Start Nebo! I cant wait to hear about Universal. I was thinking about going there or to Sea world on my upcoming trip in Sept. But I am not sure if it is worth giving up one Disney day for.:confused3

Can't wait to read more as I have enjoyed your other reports so much:surfweb:

Hey , you're from Australia two, aren't you?
I've always wanted to visit there. The only country in the world with more poisonous snakes than non- poisonous snakes. No wonder Darwin came up with his "Survival of the Fittest."
glad you're with Missmun

My dear Nebo, tsk, tsk, you forgot to mention in your introduction: Eye Candy!

Welcome back!

Oh, don't even start that again. Last time I went from Bruce Willis to Quasimodo.
Via William H. Macy.
And Mr. Magoo

Holy cow, what a following you have! Can't wait to read more :surfweb:

Katiemouse, trust me, this is not my following. These folks just come here to read YOUR posts.

:rotfl2:
Hope the Ibuprofen's get you to your destination ok. My heart goes out to you and all those with back issues. It is so painful. Can't wait to hear more. Bi-weekly installments!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Mikamah, yeah, we got to our destination, but it wasn't due to the Ibuprofens.

Nebo, Nebo, Nebo. Haven't you conned your doctor into proscribing you a TENS unit yet for your back? (TENS = Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation)
(Pun warning!) It'll really give you a major buzz. O.K, so you had to have used one to get that one.
My TENS unit saved this last Disney World vacation for me. I can't take NSAIDS because I am allergic to them. Just give me half a Flexeril at night 3 nights in a row and I am in major space city. Let's not even consider Vicodin. I would prefer to be awake during my Disney trip!
All you have to do is slap on the sticky pad electrodes, connect the wires to the little box, turn it on,choose your level, and attach to your waisteband or other semi-stationary piece of clothing.
You may look like a walking home made bomb, but it fools your brain into stopping all those nasty back spasms.
Just be careful what you say when you go through security. Murmering something resembling Farsi under your breath just might get you some really special treatment.
And don't let your DW tell everyone that you are "da bomb!":rolleyes1

Hi, as I mentioned earlier, I never heard of it. Does it have an adapter you can plug into the cigarette lighter?

You sound so lucid, I'm impressed!

I sense a medication emergency forthcoming. Seriously, I feel for your pain. I have this horrible lower back pain thanks to a nice c-curved spine. Pain is such a pain. :laughing:

Lexy- I bemember carbon paper and white out strips. Good times.

Smidge- Next time go the scenic route through Utah. Really, it's no bother! I'll "cook" some Big Macs for us. It's an open invitation!

Yes Ma, you are on the ball. It's coming. Maybe we will take the scenic rt. throughh Utah on our way to Australia.

I have been trying to read TR for two days now and I really like yours, very funny.

Hi Shellynn, you do realize that sarcasm runs in my family, right? So, I have to ask; What? Are the other ones in Hebrew? Do they read right to left? That's why you like this one? Thanks for joining us shelly.

(crap, there probably goes another reader)

i love a good car trip! I'm in...back seat reader...;)

Hi Burly, glad you joined us. You don't mind riding on the luggage rack do you? You can still read paperbacks, but newspapers can be a bit dicey.

I am here, still lurking.

We did disneyland and California adventure over the last two days. I've been posting updates but am in no way as creative as you and Jaime, therefore nowhere near as funny. I don't know how you two do it. I can guess from having regular conversations with you two that it comes naturally for both of you.

Keep em comin dude.

I also agree that your audience is almost as funny as you are, they are what keeps me coming back in between your Monday and Thursday updates :) the tag teaming with smidgy is bonus!

Stop that. Stop that right now. You have been one of my favorite posters, and what you and Jaime did last year in that contest was incredible. Connie, we have never been to Disneyland, but I hear the Indy Jones ride just blows away Dinosaur. Like to hear your views on that.

Yeah after reading all of the last report "after the fact" this seems like the ground floor to me too.

BTW Nebo, if you don't want to use word or notepad, just occasionally highlight what you have typed and select copy. It is soooo worth it not to lose a long post.

Duh. Yup. Yup.
You know double F, I use copy and paste all the time, and for some reason doing that never occured to me. I should be beaten.

I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee

(ok, for all you younguns, that's from an old cartoon starring Virgil the Buzzard, who kept going "yup, yup yup.

Thanks all of you, even those I missed, Marita, Kathy, Mmeb , Soonergirl, Thanks for the encouragement, see you tomorrow.:hourglass

Oh boy, another guy! And looking at his posts, I was his first! o

:lmao: :lmao: Oh the things I could say! But I'm biting my fingers and resisting the urge because I don't want you to think I'm only here to make fun of you. That's just part of the enjoyment!:duck:

I'M JUST SO PROUD!

Our lil' nebo has finally learned how to multi-quote.

They grow up so fast.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter