Staying at Riverside : Show me pics, get me excited!!

Does the pool have a slide?

Sure does. It gets less attention than the French Quarter one which is a lot more visible, but although most of its run is concealed by the foliage the POR slide is actually twice as long and a bit faster than the POFQ one.

Andre

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

Does the pool have a slide?

The slide at POR is great! My son and I went down it over and over. It is more exciting than the POFQ slide.
It is hard to get a picture of it because it is hidden in foliage. I looked at my pics, but all I have is the stairs to the slide.

Great POR photos, thanks. 10 days to POR for first time for us!!

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but one thing my family and I do every time we go (3times @POR/FQ) is get up real early around daybreak and go for a walk on the grounds. There wil be small rabbits everywhere. I think they live in the bushes on the grounds. My kids love it because you can walk right up to them. Hope you have a great time.:thumbsup2
We will be going back this Nov., wouldn't stay anywhere else, except for a big discount of course.:cool1:

ITA with all you've said! We love AB! We have walked over to the FQ to check it out, but just aren't interested in staying there. It is a nice morning walk over there along the Sassagoula, though, for beignets. YUM!
I have pics I could post, but won't because they are so similar to others already posted.

Thanks for all the pictures! Brings back wonderful memories as POR is our favorite resort. We gave french quarter a try just for the sake of "we felt we needed to experience it" ....and we did like it but POR AB section is our all time favorite. Plus, we have tried the food courts in almost all the resorts -value - deluxe and we really enjoy the selection and atmosphere in the Riverside Mill best of all. Just too bad they don't have beneits like they do over at FQ. :jester:

Aaaargh you guys are killing me! I want to go back so much!

My husband wants to stay at another resort next time, but I'm going to have a hard time not making the reservation for POR. It is just so beautiful there!

The slide at POR is great! My son and I went down it over and over. It is more exciting than the POFQ slide.
It is hard to get a picture of it because it is hidden in foliage. I looked at my pics, but all I have is the stairs to the slide.

Thats good to know. In all the pictures of the pool I couldn't see the slide. I was wondering because my kids are excited about the slide. How old do you think a kid has to be to use the slide?

Thats good to know. In all the pictures of the pool I couldn't see the slide. I was wondering because my kids are excited about the slide. How old do you think a kid has to be to use the slide?

My son rode it last summer when he was three.

Thank you all for the beautiful pictures. It's been 4 years since we stayed at POR (but only 12 days til our next visit!!) and I had forgotten just how gorgeous the resort really is!

I stood in line with 5 year olds and their grandparents!
There are a few twists and turns, but I don't remember it being fast or scary. Give it a try yourself before you send your kids down.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but one thing my family and I do every time we go (3times @POR/FQ) is get up real early around daybreak and go for a walk on the grounds.

Hey, I love doing that too! Coming from the UK, there's a five-hour time difference when we arrive in Florida so on our first morning our body-clocks are all ready to wake us up at about 3am.

My daughter (7) loves going "moon walking" as she named it a few years ago. We'll probably both be awake by 5am, and before it's even light we'll go for a walk around the resort in the quiet and peaceful darkness, and we watch the dawn arrive on our first morning at WDW.

It's really magical and I love that bit of special father-daughter time as the day starts at Riverside.

WDW-May06-POR-OrigFile-IMG_0007.jpg

WDW-May06-POR-OrigFile-IMG_0015.jpg

WDW-May06-POR-OrigFile-IMG_0028.jpg

WDW-May06-POR-OrigFile-IMG_0128.jpg

Andre

Thanks to everyone for posting these pictures! DH and I were originally staying at POFQ but after seeing all of your beautiful pictures I called reservations and switched to POR. This is our first time staying at a "real" disney resort (before that I had stayed at the S&D and WDW Hilton) so I really don't have anything to compare the resorts to. However, Dh & I do not have any children yet and themeing of POR seems a little more adult oriented compared to the Mardi Gras themeing of POFQ (I think its cute, DH thinks it looks tacky). Anyway can't wait to go! Keep the pictures coming!

I see how lush it all is (beautiful) and am wondering...:confused3
a) is it more difficult on people with seasonal allergies ??
b) with the river etc. is there any chance of unwanted 'creatures'....alligators :scared1: or anything ????
My paranoia , I know!
Tks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter