Staying at Riverside : Show me pics, get me excited!!

We haven't booked just yet, but this is where we will be staying 10/30-11/04. My first trip there! I'm so excited!!

Thank you, everyone, for posting such beautiful pictures! I've got just over 7 months to go, but I can't wait to add our pics when we get back.

DJ Disney Kid - Thanks for your comparison of POR to CSR. I had originally wanted to stay there, but after doing some research on different message boards it looks like POR is the way to go. Your post just confirmed our decision once again!

These are from October 2003. I wish I'd taken more pics. Someday we'll go back!

back of Acadian House
104_0430.jpg

one of the Mansions (can't remember which)
104_0422.jpg

we loved the theming!
104_0421.jpg

view from outside our door (room 8403)
104_0409.jpg

the North Depot
104_0437.jpg

We just stayed at POR the last week of February. We really enjoyed our stay. Here are a couple of pics.

I loved this "landing" area outside of the lobby.

IMG_1301.jpg

Here is the new playground.

IMG_1300.jpg

The quiet pools are very charming. I loved these lightposts.

IMG_1288.jpg

Here is a picture of the boat dock from across the river.

IMG_1293.jpg

Wow! I'm staying at POR for the first time next week...the photos helped me alot!! I wanted POFQ, but my discount only applied here.

One thing I couldn't determine from all of the posts is WHERE do I want a room? I have paid for a preferred room. I'd like to be close to the bus stops, food court and pool....in that order of priority. I saw someone's map, but couldn't read it clearly enough to determine a good location.

I also noticed I didn't care for the "bayou" rooms....not much on the cabin type theming. Prefer the mansion rooms.

THANKS for the thread OP, I'm now really excited!!!

Thanks for all the pics!! We decided to try POR for the first time in Sept. 2009 and at first I was questioning if I made the right decision. After looking at all the pictures now I am really looking forward to it.

auntie k
Alligator Bayou building #14 is the closest to the food court, lobby, and bus stop. We liked the buildings in this area, as we like the rustic theme. But the rooms in the mansion buildings look great also (at least from the outside). I think next time we would request a room in one of the mansions. We tried to request a room when we made our initial reservations, but they said we could not do that in advance, but when we arrived and checked-in, we requested an Alligator Bayou room, and that's where they placed us. We had a "corner" room with two windows, which was nice because it lets much more daylight into the room. The non-corner rooms only have one window in them. POR is our favorite Disney resort. I can't imagine staying at any other hotel when we go back.

Here's some pictures of our building in Alligator Bayou....We had rooms 3401 and 3402...Beautiful!

dixielandings.jpg

dixielandings2.jpg

Inside our rooms....

100_0860.jpg

100_0861.jpg

Have a great trip!

Just wanted to say KUDOS to the person who created the POR Tribute site -- very well done.

I have friends staying at POR (on my recommendation) this May, and this is a perfect site for them to get familiar with the resort. I just read the tip sheet on room location, awesome job!

I love this resort, its our home base, and while we occasionaly venture out to other resorts (WL, POLY),, I have to say, I do love POR. Maybe its because I am frugal, but do you ever get bang for your buck at POR (MHO).

Thanks again for the link, and all those wonderful pictures on this thread!

~A

The pictures are great to look at (keep them comming) and we can’t wait until we arrive at POR 6/29/08—7/05/08. We still have 3 months before our stay begins and have started counting down the days. One thing for sure I will be up-loading a large number of photos when we return. I will be taking a Sony Camcorder, a 24mm Canon w/zoom, and a Sony 10.2mp w/zoom and three 2meg CH cards. These alone will hold close to 650 Hi-Res pictures apiece.;) Which means that I will probable max out my Photobucket account.:laughing: So if anyone else is there at that time and you see a family of 5 there with DH taking pictures of everything around say hello.
Oh and just in case someone thinks I will run out of space to store my pictures on I will also have my laptop and a 500GB external HD with me.:goodvibes

Say Cheese everone!!!

DSCN2007.jpg

dayfamilyvacationdisneyworld150.jpg

my favorite quiet pool
dayfamilyvacationdisneyworld146.jpg

alligator bayou
DSCN0777-1.jpg

sitting inside the river mill eating breakfast
DSCN1974.jpg

DSCN0927.jpg

DSCN0961.jpg

DSCN0927.jpg

DSCN2005.jpg

DSCN1997.jpg

You will love this resort.

sitting inside the river mill eating breakfast
DSCN1974.jpg

You will love this resort.

Which mansion is that in the background? I thought the mansions were further from the main building than that.

Love the pics, we're checking in three weeks from today in AB. We haven't stayed there since '98. After many attempts I couldn't snag a discount for the Poly and we really enjoyed AB when we stayed there 10 yrs ago. Can't wait.

What are are you planning on staying in? We requested connecting rooms in Magnolia Terrace.

Well, since there are 5 of us - we will be in Alligator Bayou. (4 adults and 1 child) , it will be cozy, but it's just for 4 nights...
They said with our AP rate, we could get 2 rooms over at All Stars or PoP for like $50 more - but, i think we will just stay where we are - we all love hot tubs, and especially after running, i would be bummed that the all stars don't have them.. And my dd loves slides, and she will be hanging by the pool alot, so i think POR pool area would be a better fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter