Start a thread for Dream Aug 1, 2012?

Hi everyone!
Three months from today we will be crusing!:cool1::banana:

Hope all of your planning is going well.

We are interested in doing a FE group, anyone else?

Can't wait to go!!

Wow - I can't believe that it's now exactly 3 months away! :cool1: I've been on one cruise before but never DCL, so I'm so so excited!

I'd love to do a FE swap too! I just looked through this thread and the people that I saw that seem interested are:

redsonja and punchie (sharing a room, right?)
eandesmom
tinkermama
lklasing (me)
tiger (my brother who is not on this thread but I know will want to do this)

If y'all are serious about wanting to do this (and I hope you are, as I think it sounds like lots of fun!), I'll try to organize. Let me know the names and ages of the people in your cabins as well as your cabin number and I'll get the list compiled. Also, if anyone else wants to join in, please do! Let us know your info and we'll add you to the list.

3 months! :banana:

~Leslie

Hi!

I booked this cruise a few weeks ago. I was already planning on going to WDW Aug 5-10 and this cruise fit perfectly! I purchased our airfare last week and am trying to decide if we are going to stay one night before the cruise at Disney or near the airport.

It will be me and my SO and a baby in the oven crusing. This is my 3rd Disney cruise and his first.

This will be our first cruise as a family. My husband and I went on a Carnival cruise for our honeymoon 11 years ago! I would love to do the fish extender thing - have heard it is a lot of fun!! We will be traveling with our 9 year old daughter Hannah and her best friend Karlie - also 9. Are adults included? If so, Shannon and Jon. No cabin number yet... we are given this as a gift and we don't have all the info yet!

Welcome, Frosty and TAKitty!

Frosty, FE swaps can be whatever everyone participating wants them to be. I would think that grownups would be included as not everyone may have kids, but again it can be whatever everyone wants to do. I'm not sure who all wants to do this, but if we can get a group together I think it would be lots of fun.

Regardless of the FE swap, if anyone wants to have a meet sometime early (either at a Port Canaveral hotel on Tuesday night or early in the cruise), I'm game. It just seems like it would be fun to meet each other and each other's kids.

We're getting closer! :yay:

Hi everyone!

DH and I talked and we definitely want to do the FE group. Our family consists of:
Me
DH (baseballmickey)
DD5
DS 15 months

We were also talking about this to other members of our family who are going also and we have some that are interested. I'll let you know when they are a definite.

I think grown ups and kids should be included also. Do we want to do 1 gift per day per person? Or 1 gift per day for the kids and 1 for the adults to share? Or 1 gift per person for the first 3 days and have the last one be a cabin gift? IDK? Just throwing some ideas around.

Whatever we decide, I'm really excited to do this!!!

my boys really want to do an FE again, they had a blast with it on the Alaska cruise, so if this comes together, we are in. As far as number of gifts, etc, I think it depends on how many staterooms we end up with. Right now it's a pretty small group so per person can work but if it gets to be a huge list then per stateroom can be an option too. Really I think it's up to each family and anything is cool!

We are in 7588

DH& I
DD 16
DS 13
DS11

Awesome! I think a group is coming together. I like the idea of waiting a little longer to decide exactly what to do, depending on how many people/cabins we have participating.

I want to make sure to not overlook anyone, so I’ll try to post periodically who all is participating by listing each group and who is part of each one. I can list cabin numbers and names if y’all want, or we can take that to email once we figure out who all is in the group.

For now, here is who I think is confirmed (make sure to let me know if I miss someone or if you decide to join us!):

My group (lklasing):
Mom (me)
DH
DD15
DD13

Tinkermama117 (mom)
DH (baseballmickey)
DD5
DS 15 months

Eandesmom (mom)
DH
DD 16
DS 13
DS11

My single brother (not on the Dis, but will want to participate):
Dad
DS 9
DD6

Let me know if I should add anyone. Then, let’s keep in touch about the plan about gifts!

Awesome! I think a group is coming together. I like the idea of waiting a little longer to decide exactly what to do, depending on how many people/cabins we have participating.

I want to make sure to not overlook anyone, so I’ll try to post periodically who all is participating by listing each group and who is part of each one. I can list cabin numbers and names if y’all want, or we can take that to email once we figure out who all is in the group.

For now, here is who I think is confirmed (make sure to let me know if I miss someone or if you decide to join us!):

My group (lklasing):
Mom (me)
DH
DD15
DD13

Tinkermama117 (mom)
DH (baseballmickey)
DD5
DS 15 months

Eandesmom (mom)
DH
DD 16
DS 13
DS11

My single brother (not on the Dis, but will want to participate):
Dad
DS 9
DD6

Let me know if I should add anyone. Then, let’s keep in touch about the plan about gifts!

Sounds good!

I would say for those that haven't done one, with a group this small it's not much work at all and the kids LOVE running around putting goodies into FE's! It doesn't have to be homemade, supercrafty or expensive, it can really be anything.

Hi there,
I'm not great at these discussion boards so I'm sorry it took me a bit to reply. We would love to participate in a Meet and the Fish Extenders - although I have to do some research to figure out exactly what that is!! I've heard it is really fun!
mom and dad
Karlie - 9
Hannah - 9

Please add us to the list!!

I also have had a pile going on now for over a month in anticipation!! It is a surprise for my daughter Hannah so everything is hidden in the closet!! ha!

:banana::cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

The way the summertime flies by, it should be here before we know it. :thumbsup2

I sure hope so, it's rainy and cold here!

Woo Hoo! 2 months from today! It it too early to start packing?:rotfl2:

nope...and definitely not to early to start shopping!

Not for me! I've had a pile going for this trip for months! :rolleyes1

:thumbsup2

Hi there,
I'm not great at these discussion boards so I'm sorry it took me a bit to reply. We would love to participate in a Meet and the Fish Extenders - although I have to do some research to figure out exactly what that is!! I've heard it is really fun!
mom and dad
Karlie - 9
Hannah - 9

Please add us to the list!!

Yay! One more stateroom!

I also have had a pile going on now for over a month in anticipation!! It is a surprise for my daughter Hannah so everything is hidden in the closet!! ha!

How fun is that!

I’m so excited about our trip! We’re really getting closer!

I’m wondering if y’all want to go off the board to exchange everyone’s names, cabin numbers, etc. We also need to talk about expectations on how to handle the gifts – one per cabin, one per person, etc. I’ve never been on a DCL cruise before so I definitely am hoping for some thoughts on which way to go with this! I’m going to send you each a PM with my email address so you can email me with your email and family details. If anyone else wants to join in, just post here and we’ll add you in.

Okay, I think this is the current FE group (let me know if I’m missing anyone):

Frosty28 (mom) (Welcome, Frosty!)
DH
Hannah 9
Karlie 9

My group (lklasing):
Mom (me)
DH
DD15
DD13

Tinkermama117 (mom)
DH (baseballmickey)
DD5
DS 15 months

Eandesmom (mom)
DH
DD 16
DS 13
DS11

My single brother (not on the Dis, but will want to participate, call him Tiger as that’s what we call him) (dad):
DS 9
DD6

Can’t wait!

Leslie

I'm in! This will be our first DCL cruise and we can't wait! I definitely am interested in doing a FE swap thing if anyone else is as well as a meet on the ship.

Thanks for starting the thread!

Leslie
It's our first cruise ever too.:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter