Star Wars Themed Resort at DHS

They can and have used marvel. There was a doctor strange meet and greet/small show and soon there will be a starlord meet and greet.

Exaclty...that's silly.

Having meet and greets while there is a huge part of a park 7 mikes away...I just don't get why anyone seems to think there is an upside to this...

They bought marvel to make money, they have and continue to...let it go

Disney is thinking about building such a luxury hotel next to Hollywood Studios. They will even have Live Action Role Playing at the hotel - propably on a few specialty floors. I'm betting costumes can be rented that will have light sensors and the blasters will be laser tag types.

OK...but its all in the planning stages. Lets pretend the imagineers read these pages and lets give any and all suggestions. it doesn't matter how big or small, Disney is all about the details.

I want a real bar based on the Cantina on Tatooine! I want a Han and Chewy meet and greet there...aimed at grown-ups. the meet and greets are at night when the kiddies are in bed.
Further I want to meet Greedo...maybe with a burned out hole in his vest.

A basement level nightclub: Jaba's pallace with live acts. Han's in carbonite. In front of an animatronic Jaba and C3PO (the MCs), a glass grid-work with a bantha below.
*** there could be a Darth Vader show where he keeps force choking his officers for bad acts.
a jawa act doing the can can. "Utini!"
But we must bring back the funny stormtroopers!

At a restaurant I want to order bantha poodoo (chocolate pudding).

in the video game room, i want a game where you can kill Jar Jar over and over again.
I want a photoshop where i can be placed in various Star Wars scenes (get it? photoshop).

in my room, I want the poster check in/out rules posted by the First Order with dire consequences.

At Christmas I want Darth Santa to have kids on his lap
or an insult comedian dressed as Palpatine working a restaurant.

a quick service eatery serving the first order selling box lunches (rations).

I love this idea, but for the rumored prices, I do not care because I will never pay that kind of money per night for a place to sleep.

I love this idea, but for the rumored prices, I do not care because I will never pay that kind of money per night for a place to sleep.
Fine, but you can still visit. One of my joys is to spend a few hours and hotel hop.
What would you want to see in that case? something to eat? something to see?

every party needs a pooper.

I just don't like these things to grow legs and get mentioned 500,000 times as fact...

I believe the "news" is that they may have commissioned an outside study on this...which is possible.

That's not a construction permit...if every study had been acted upon there'd be 48 parks and 137 different hotels by now...

If this luxury hotel was to happen, I would like it to follow the same vein as Star Wars land itself and be something completely unique that's not attached to the films but is given its own backstory into the Star Wars cannon.

I can imagine maybe another tower block type resort with different floors having a different theme. Another small cantina with a replica Hutt in it would be cool.

Exclusive transport like the hogwarts express from the hotel directly to Star Wars land would also be on my wish list

just saw some articles that said there was a Star Wars themed hotel coming 2019 but couldn't find it on any of the reliable sites.
Fake news??

I'm thinking they would limit guests from other resorts visiting the Star Wars Resort, doesn't anyone else? They limited access to BLT just because it is so close to MK. If they have a lot of people without reservations trying to access the resort to look around, it could really affect the experience for those staying there. I'm thinking that guests not staying can still make dining reservations and can explore but I don't think they will let everyone in that doesn't have dining reservation.

The price tag is steep but I may consider it if DD10 is interested....lol....I'm not paying that much for her if she isn't interested. If she isn't interested, I would wait until we feel comfortable leaving her home so we can do an adult only trip.

I was just reading the value math on the first page. For most guests, it's not accurate to value the ticket at the going rate for a 1-day DHS ticket. This only makes sense for those who would only visit for the 2 nights in the SW hotel. Most would include the SW stay in a longer overall stay. So instead of buying a 6 day ticket, for example, they would buy a 4 day ticket. Just looking at Disney's site, that is a $22.50 savings. 5 days instead of 7 saves $15.42. And of course for AP holders, the free park admission would have no value. As so many say when Disney raises their single day ticket prices, those prices are more about marketing than what most people actually pay.

Maybe some people might believe there is already too resorts on the premises. I, for one, believe maybe Disney needs more than other park or resort in Florida, but another park somewhere else in the U.S. where it would need another resort?

Well we know they tried to build one in VA maybe 20 or 30 years ago and got shot down for not being sensitive to Civil War battlefields. I'm thinking Texas is the real winner. Year round weather, central U.S., west of the Mississippi for Marvel purposes. Do I think it happens? No. But that's where I'd look.

I bet if it gets built, it will be a pretty cool place. Look how well the Star Wars movies have done over the years, there are alot of die hard Star War fans that would spend the $$$$ for something like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter