Star Wars Themed Resort at DHS

This sounds like a (really!) cool idea, but are there enough Star Wars fans out there with serious disposable income to keep this concept afloat? I don't think so. I can see a SW Resort working fine, as plenty of folks would stay there - as long as it's just a resort like the rest, but with a Star Wars theme. ...but making it a stand alone experience just sounds like an idea that will work for 8-9 years before it fails (you know, after the current SW Mania has burned out). I suppose at that point they could always just convert the place into a simple themed resort though...

You know, it sounds almost like The Adventurer's Club in a Galaxy Far Far Away...Hmmmmm...

My wild guess/fantasy is that Disney will re-make Coronado Springs into something like Tatooine (the buildings there remind me of that type of Star Wars planet - a new "skin" would go a long way towards creating a Star Wars feel.) I'm not sure what the volcano would be - perhaps a nod to Mustafar, with light saber training nearby), where there will be somewhat $$$ rooms. Part of the resort would feature the "ship" for the immersive experience. The rumored gondola skyway would bring the Star Wars Resort guests to the Star Wars Themed Land. Expanding on this pure speculation, maybe different parts of the resort would feature different parts of the Star Wars Universe - when reading the Disney Blog https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...coronado-springs-and-caribbean-beach-resorts/ the discussion could almost sound like part of Endor. So much fun to speculate!

My wild guess/fantasy is that Disney will re-make Coronado Springs into something like Tatooine (the buildings there remind me of that type of Star Wars planet - a new "skin" would go a long way towards creating a Star Wars feel.) I'm not sure what the volcano would be - perhaps a nod to Mustafar, with light saber training nearby), where there will be somewhat $$$ rooms. Part of the resort would feature the "ship" for the immersive experience. The rumored gondola skyway would bring the Star Wars Resort guests to the Star Wars Themed Land. Expanding on this pure speculation, maybe different parts of the resort would feature different parts of the Star Wars Universe - when reading the Disney Blog https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...coronado-springs-and-caribbean-beach-resorts/ the discussion could almost sound like part of Endor. So much fun to speculate!

Coronado Springs is their business resort. If anything they'll be making Coronado less Disney/themed as they make a bunch there with the different conventions and sporting event that come for those facilities.

The resort experience they are pushing here I think would be a package or upgrade to your room but for it to work long term I think you would have to include guess that wanted to stay at the resort without this high end experience as well.

It makes me think that the resort is already planned, its the 2 night 'story' that I think they are floating out there
Other boards have pretty much confirmed the resort.

i can't imagine disney building something that can hold 400 people max. that is nothing to them. i would imagine 2 towers (so you can check in any day of the week
Boutique hotel isn't large. and it's currently "fully immersive story line" experience so checkin/check out days would be set (just like cruises). Questionable if off limits to guests not staying there. Who knows if it will stay that way by the end though.

And for SWW-For a family of 5 that did SWW, stayed at BC, did Galactic Breakfast and Rebel Hangar and a Dessert Party-the current price isn't completely outrageous. So I highly doubt it will be that "cheap" LOL.

It sounds amazing. Some of the posts aren't from RABID FANS but who'd of thought that Pandora would have any following and loo kat all the money Disney put there. I know Vacation Club members stay high end for part of a trip then switch to something more reasonable. I would do this in addition to our regular 7 day trip.

This sounds like a (really!) cool idea, but are there enough Star Wars fans out there with serious disposable income to keep this concept afloat? I don't think so. I can see a SW Resort working fine, as plenty of folks would stay there - as long as it's just a resort like the rest, but with a Star Wars theme. ...but making it a stand alone experience just sounds like an idea that will work for 8-9 years before it fails (you know, after the current SW Mania has burned out). I suppose at that point they could always just convert the place into a simple themed resort though...

You know, it sounds almost like The Adventurer's Club in a Galaxy Far Far Away...Hmmmmm...
Star Wars has had dedicated fans since the 1970's...fans that were paying hundreds for rare $5 toys.

Sure there are more mainstream Star Wars fans, but that core will continue for quite some time.

Why not both? You can have some boutique suites set up inside DHS for the Star Wars Experience. Then have regular SW themed rooms in a hotel somewhere. Personally I think Pop Century would have been a good resort for SW themed rooms but seems unlikely now since they're renovating.

This could also explain why they're rerouting Studio Dr. They probably had a hotel attachment to the park planned for a while and the location works. It could give hotel guests their own private entry into the park through SW land.

As long as they don't overbuild it, I think the boutique hotel will be fine. Now if only Universal would do something like this for Harry Potter, we'd be set for life.

Why not both? You can have some boutique suites set up inside DHS for the Star Wars Experience. Then have regular SW themed rooms in a hotel somewhere. Personally I think Pop Century would have been a good resort for SW themed rooms but seems unlikely now since they're renovating.

This could also explain why they're rerouting Studio Dr. They probably had a hotel attachment to the park planned for a while and the location works. It could give hotel guests their own private entry into the park through SW land.

As long as they don't overbuild it, I think the boutique hotel will be fine. Now if only Universal would do something like this for Harry Potter, we'd be set for life.
They are re-routing because the old parking exit arrangement was horrific. Like standing on your bus an hour before you left the park bad on peak nights.

I agree this would need to remain relatively small to maintain peak interest.

Cool? Definitely. But we would never be able to afford it. And honestly not sure if we would do it even if we could. I would LOVE to see a Star Wars themed hotel however (something along the lines of AoA) and if you could just stay there for a night without it having to be a whole package/experience, then yes we would definitely stay a night at least. I just don't see there being enough interest for this. It's a one and done thing.

Correction: DH thinks this is awesome and would definitely do it if we had the money. ;)

Last edited:
I think this sounds cool, but am I the only one who thinks this is too much? I was happy with just Star Tours Presented by M&M's... I know this might need an entire thread on it's own, but I feel like Studios might as well be Disney's Star Wars Universe. I love the brand, but Disney had no hand in creating the franchise. To me it seems kind of lazy, and driven by numbers.

Sure would be cool if some of the gondolas were used as "shuttles" that could fly you into a landing bay of the "starship" for check-in.

Has anyone tried to read between the lines on this? I'm a big Star Wars fan and I'm very unsure on the legitimacy of this. Let me explain. The survey is a Surveymonkey survey. Most WDW Surveys come from DisneySurveys.com. This may not even be legitimate as an idea.

What I think this is quite possibly is to see whether folks are willing to take an all inclusive package and ending room only packages at the hotels. As a solo traveler, I would be totally against this because I don't spend that much on food because I frequently bring my own food to save money.

Has anyone tried to read between the lines on this? I'm a big Star Wars fan and I'm very unsure on the legitimacy of this. Let me explain. The survey is a Surveymonkey survey. Most WDW Surveys come from DisneySurveys.com. This may not even be legitimate as an idea.

Yes, who knows? It is fun to speculate, though. I also wonder who would spend the money on the illustrations and the survey, since that would be both expensive and a non-starter, since Disney owns so many of the rights now. I wonder what is going on?

Blog said only 1 day park ticket was included. So I spread $100 over the 2 day cost of $1000 per person. So that's $950, or $475 per day. In the blog, food was listed as 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners, 1 lunch. I also used premium resort type food pricing. Character buffet breakfast at 1900 Park Fare? $35 to $60 per adult, I split the difference. Lunch at Whispering Canyon? You could get away with $20 (no tip) if you bought the cheapest thing on the menu and a drink. Otherwise, at least $30. So I might have been off by $10. Dinner show? Category 2 Hoop Dee Doo is $70 per adult. So maybe I was $20 high on the whole food package? Doesn't change the math substantially to go $250 to $270 as opposed to my $290 all in (again, 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners, 1 lunch). Take the low end and spread the $250 over 2 days, $125 per day. So our $475 (costs less one day of tickets), take away $125 for food and we are now at $350 per day per person, about $50 less than your estimate.

No big deal. Then I pulled off $100 for an included experience like lightsaber training or starship piloting. Why? Because that's my guess for the cost of a Disney add-on experience. If you can do two of these experiences, one per day, we are down to $250 per day per person. So the total for the room would be $1000, 4 people X $250.

Again, comparable to the cost of a night in the highest end rooms at The Grand Floridian, depending on time of year, but still getting a complete immersive experience. If it's double occupancy, and it's still $1000 per person, the room is actually cheap. It's only $500 per day.

I agree with all the other numbers, but you're cutting out 50 here. 50 per day deducted from 500 per day is 450, so 900....

What I think this is quite possibly is to see whether folks are willing to take an all inclusive package and ending room only packages at the hotels. As a solo traveler, I would be totally against this because I don't spend that much on food because I frequently bring my own food to save money.
Disney has sent out surveys from other survey services before.

I agree with all the other numbers, but you're cutting out 50 here. 50 per day deducted from 500 per day is 450, so 900....
Yep. Knew I shouldn't have shifted back and forth between doing it daily and leaving it a package! It was bound to screw me up somewhere. Good catch.

I'm not a big Star Wars fan (but am married to one) and I'd totally do this. I think there's a complete fan base to support this to (kind of like the premium for SW cruises but there's like only one day of SW activities). The cruises do pretty well. I personally think the cruises are overpriced and wouldn't do them. But an immersive hotel, yeah I'm in.
But I seriously love this idea and would pay the price tag floating out there for it. If it's done well, I hope it would expand to a few more boutique hotels and themes. When I go to Disney I want to be immersed in it and the hotel would just be another place to do this. I kind of see some creativity here. I don't care if it lines Disney's pockets too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter