Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Upcharge or Add On Events Thread

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to put this, if it isn't, I apologize. I just booked a VIP tour for December 8th - they still don't know if they will have access to SWGE but it can be canceled up to 48 hours prior and you don't pay until then so I figured, why not book it.
The cost for the tour on Dec 5th, 6th and 7th is $650/hour then for Dec 8th it drops to $425. Just in case people want that info.
I'm also interested in finding 8 more people to join the tour so I can actually afford it lol
Did you find others to fill your tour? I would be interested. Can you please let me know if you are still looking to fill your spots. We are a party of two adults.

6 Open spots for VIP Tour - Monday, December 9th

VIP tour for sharing on Monday, December 9th. I am focusing on SWGE, the new Toy Story rides and Jingle Bell Bam show at night. Hoping to find people with park hopper passes to possibly hit all the major rides like FoP, Navi River, Frozen, Soarin and the main coasters. I will of course take suggestions on rides. It is $425/hr, 7 hrs needed, total cost of tour is $2975. Hoping for 10 participants to bring cost to $297.50 per person plus a tip for the guide. Any interest?

6 Open spots for VIP Tour - Monday, December 9th

VIP tour for sharing on Monday, December 9th. I am focusing on SWGE, the new Toy Story rides and Jingle Bell Bam show at night. Hoping to find people with park hopper passes to possibly hit all the major rides like FoP, Navi River, Frozen, Soarin and the main coasters. I will of course take suggestions on rides. It is $425/hr, 7 hrs needed, total cost of tour is $2975. Hoping for 10 participants to bring cost to $297.50 per person plus a tip for the guide. Any interest?
I would have loved to have done this but we have our granddaughter with us that day and I know 15 month olds count as a whole person. We dont know what she will be able to tolerate. I know you'll have a great time with this awesome opportunity!

Last edited:

Ya'all can have my spot. Not interested in this SW at all. One less for everyone else who loves SW to use:)

Sounds lik we will be doing VIP the same day :)
I have a VIP tour booked for Saturday SEP 28th. We will see probably go through with it even if SWGE / MFSR is not included. That being said, I really think Disney should know by know exactly how VIP tours will be handled for SWGE. We are less 45-days until SWGE opens. C’mon already.

We will be doing the tour the same day. Most likely will see you.

Hi All!!!

Just received confirmation from our Tour Guide that the VIP Tour will allow you into Galaxy's Edge and Smuggler's Run. As of right now, there is no confirmation if it will get you special access into Oga's Canteen, Droid Dept, or Savi's. I have two VIP Tours planned and the second one is for opening day of the Rise of the Resistance! If anyone is interested, here are the dates:
-Saturday, Sept 21st - $525.00/hr starting at 9am and meeting at Hollywood Studios (7 openings available)
-Thursday, December 5th - $550/hr starting at 8am and meeting at Hollywood Studios (2 or 3 openings available!)

I'm so excited!!!

so called the VIP people about savis and the droid depot said they cant make reservations bc they cant take my CVC number i was like ummmmm i booked the tour with a CC and i am pretty sure i gave the code......maybe not i cant remember 100% sounded stupid to me

so called the VIP people about savis and the droid depot said they cant make reservations bc they cant take my CVC number i was like ummmmm i booked the tour with a CC and i am pretty sure i gave the code......maybe not i cant remember 100% sounded stupid to me
I’m guessing it’s because they would have to book separate reservations for these things using a credit card. These activities are held with a card. Disney likely doesn’t want to go in due to privacy concerns and use that info to book that for you.

I had to just book my reservations on the website for both that the Droid Dept, Oga's, and Savi's and every time I submitted it, it asked for the security code. I actually did so many separate transitions, I ended up freezing my credit card. It's an annoying process but I was able to get my dates.

My husband and I will be there for our honeymoon from 9/10-9/17 if anyone has open slots for a vip tour!

With all of the reservations available now for Savis Droid and Ogas, it makes the VIP tour expense feel less necessary. But the tiering at DHS will still be in place I assume in December. I wish they would make at least one of the SWGE rides have FP so that we could FP one and RD the other.

With all of the reservations available now for Savis Droid and Ogas, it makes the VIP tour expense feel less necessary. But the tiering at DHS will still be in place I assume in December. I wish they would make at least one of the SWGE rides have FP so that we could FP one and RD the other.

Yupppppp

This is becoming standard with credit card handling with most companies. I used to be able to take credit cards for parts of my job but now we can't touch them due to financial security compliance. There are very large fines if people not designated to handle credit card information take or use it. Also most of that stuff is entered into a database and encrypted so once that allowed person has entered your information others will not have access to it.

Subscribing, would love a way to ride Smugglers Run without having to deal with waking up at the crack of dawn or huge lines. Not interested in VIP tour not worth it. But it would be cool if they had some sort of early morning magic. Here is to hoping, they said there would not be sign up for savi, OGA and the droid and there are now. I think after the problems they have of people not showing up at Disneyland they are rethinking ways to make going to GE more appealing. Paying 7 grand to have to wake up at 4am 5am to ride a ride does not sound relaxing on vacation but I will do what I have to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!