Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attractions Planning

just read some RoR rumors and spoilers here (DON'T CLICK THE LINK IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS):

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
all I can say is WOW, I hope this is not true....... I travel with someone who is disabled and can't do thrill rides. Every picture of this ride we had seen showed these "rovers" like what you used to use on The Great Movie Ride so we assumed this was going to be a disabled/elderly/small child friendly attraction where MFSR was the "thrill ride" for GE. So on our recent trip I did MFSR and we scoped out the entrance to RoR and my DW was very much looking forward to this ride for our next trip. Now I'm not even sure I want to go on it because I don't like the most intense rides either (7DMT and SDD is as crazy as I get). I won't give anything away but click the link if you want details.

This is sad that it is looking like GE isn't going to feature any attractions for the "non-thrill" crowd.

just read some RoR rumors and spoilers here (DON'T CLICK THE LINK IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS):

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
all I can say is WOW, I hope this is not true....... I travel with someone who is disabled and can't do thrill rides. Every picture of this ride we had seen showed these "rovers" like what you used to use on The Great Movie Ride so we assumed this was going to be a disabled/elderly/small child friendly attraction where MFSR was the "thrill ride" for GE. So on our recent trip I did MFSR and we scoped out the entrance to RoR and my DW was very much looking forward to this ride for our next trip. Now I'm not even sure I want to go on it because I don't like the most intense rides either (7DMT and SDD is as crazy as I get). I won't give anything away but click the link if you want details.

This is sad that it is looking like GE isn't going to feature any attractions for the "non-thrill" crowd.
these details have been out for a while, actually the height requirement is higher than MFSR, and we've known that for months now. As to thrill level it really depends on what each person considers thrill, for you the limit is 7DMT and SDD for others WDW doesn't really have thrill rides, some consider Pirates as a thrill because of the drop....so many ways to view it.
I'm sorry that you won't want to ride either attraction but there was never anything "tame" promised for this land
Disney can never please everyone, look at Pandora, the have FOP and NRJ and most people don't like Navi because "it's boring" For your case they will be opening up MMRR next year so you'll have something new to look forward in the park

I wouldn't consider this a thrill ride. Take that information you've been given and put it into perspective. Try to think of another ride in a different park that you could compare this to. If you are thinking of the same ride as me, rotr is actually less intense, based on the information we have.

On Millenium Falcon, has anyone been able to request to wait for a pilot slot? I'm a local-ish AP and I'm almost always solo when I'm at the parks - I've ridden twice so far, both times waiting in the full line and getting engineer once and gunner the other time, but I feel like the odds of ever getting a pilot are frustratingly low if I just try to go by chance. Both times I rode, the first family to the pod got both pilot spots (both times it was the dad in the left seat and a small child on the right), so I'm just worried that I'll never get the chance to be a pilot, if they're filling from front to back like that.

On Flight of Passage, there's a similar issue, where, since there are so many lines available to fill at once, a solo rider will always get the very last spot in a line, but at least on FoP, sometimes that means getting the excellent spot 8 right in the center, so I have just as good of a chance of a great spot as I do of getting the far right spot 16, which isn't as good of a view (though that ride is still excellent from anywhere). On Millenium Falcon, however, it seems like I'm always just going to get stuck at the end of a group unless I'm somehow supremely lucky and end up with no open spots in the current lines, so that I would get to start a new pod, which seems like very, very low odds. I haven't used the single rider line yet, and I would never expect to get the pilot if I wait there, since the point of that line is to fill in the gaps, but if I'm waiting in the full line anyway, I'd love the chance to ask if I could wait for a pilot seat to be available. Has anyone been able to do that? Or are you not allowed to request your spot at all?

On Millenium Falcon, has anyone been able to request to wait for a pilot slot? I'm a local-ish AP and I'm almost always solo when I'm at the parks - I've ridden twice so far, both times waiting in the full line and getting engineer once and gunner the other time, but I feel like the odds of ever getting a pilot are frustratingly low if I just try to go by chance. Both times I rode, the first family to the pod got both pilot spots (both times it was the dad in the left seat and a small child on the right), so I'm just worried that I'll never get the chance to be a pilot, if they're filling from front to back like that.

On Flight of Passage, there's a similar issue, where, since there are so many lines available to fill at once, a solo rider will always get the very last spot in a line, but at least on FoP, sometimes that means getting the excellent spot 8 right in the center, so I have just as good of a chance of a great spot as I do of getting the far right spot 16, which isn't as good of a view (though that ride is still excellent from anywhere). On Millenium Falcon, however, it seems like I'm always just going to get stuck at the end of a group unless I'm somehow supremely lucky and end up with no open spots in the current lines, so that I would get to start a new pod, which seems like very, very low odds. I haven't used the single rider line yet, and I would never expect to get the pilot if I wait there, since the point of that line is to fill in the gaps, but if I'm waiting in the full line anyway, I'd love the chance to ask if I could wait for a pilot seat to be available. Has anyone been able to do that? Or are you not allowed to request your spot at all?
yes you can request to be a pilot. The only time you CANNOT is if you are in the SR line

Were you the first in line for that pod and weren't handed a pilot card? Almost every time I've ridden, they pass out the cards in order. So whoever happens to be at the front for the new pod gets the pilot. The exception is say, when three spots are taken and there's a group of two next- the group of two has been handed engineers, I guess to keep them side by side, and the one leftover gunner goes to a single rider.

Were you the first in line for that pod and weren't handed a pilot card? Almost every time I've ridden, they pass out the cards in order. So whoever happens to be at the front for the new pod gets the pilot. The exception is say, when three spots are taken and there's a group of two next- the group of two has been handed engineers, I guess to keep them side by side, and the one leftover gunner goes to a single rider.

that was not our experience but maybe they have change it since we went in Aug. the first group was a group of three. My mom got gunner and I was an engineer. Single rider was also engineer.

Right - I'd have to get lucky enough to be the very first person behind a group that fully filled up the last pod. Otherwise, as a solo rider (even if I'm not in the single rider line - and it was closed both times I've ridden it so far anyway), I'm going to be given an open spot in another group, rather than starting a new pod, unless I ask for it. So my chance of being a pilot "naturally" in line would be the odds of the previous pod being completely full AND me being the very first person in line afterwards. It could technically happen, but the odds are very low. Mission Space is sort of similar with the several lines and different pods, and I don't think I've ever been in one of the front two spots when I was there solo (I'm a local-ish AP and I like Mission Space, so I've probably been on it a couple dozen times over the last several years).

So I'll just go ahead and request the pilot spot next time I ride - glad to know that it's okay to make that request. Thanks, yulilin! :)

Don’t volunteer yourself either if they call call out for groups of one or two. That very likely would be an engineer job.

We had a group of 4. Both of our pilots were single riders.

Thanks everyone! I was able to request the pilot spot with no issue at all, after going through the main line. The couple in front of me had also requested to both be pilots, so the CM just had me stand off to the side for a moment until he started the next color. My other pilot was also an adult, and it was the best score I've gotten so far.

Two questions: I’m prone to motion sickness on simulators (Star Tours and Simpsons kill me). Can I request the engineer seat from the SR line? On Soarin they let me request seats that minimize the issue, though i may have to wait a cycle.

Second: i have an Oga’s res at 9:00am that weekend. If there are boarding groups or long waits, will they let me in for my res? Thanks!

Two questions: I’m prone to motion sickness on simulators (Star Tours and Simpsons kill me). Can I request the engineer seat from the SR line? On Soarin they let me request seats that minimize the issue, though i may have to wait a cycle.

Second: i have an Oga’s res at 9:00am that weekend. If there are boarding groups or long waits, will they let me in for my res? Thanks!
Yes to both questions
For ogas they will allow you into the land an hour before your reservation time

CM have been scheduled to start working at RotR next week.

So when something like this happens, what does that typically mean? Next week they'll be training and operating the ride without people?

Or is it like a phased approach where CMs are still "getting things ready" so to speak before the training and ride operation?

Hard to believe it's only 5 weeks until this ride is unleashed on the world. I have my fingers crossed it will be relatively problem free since I'm heading there on the 11th. (And obviously for all the employees and people visiting before me as well - can't imagine anyone likes a ride with complications.)

So when something like this happens, what does that typically mean? Next week they'll be training and operating the ride without people?

Or is it like a phased approach where CMs are still "getting things ready" so to speak before the training and ride operation?

Hard to believe it's only 5 weeks until this ride is unleashed on the world. I have my fingers crossed it will be relatively problem free since I'm heading there on the 11th. (And obviously for all the employees and people visiting before me as well - can't imagine anyone likes a ride with complications.)
what happened with MFSR was that the first week was learning the backstory, training on their roles and familiarizing with the attraction itself. No one really knows what approach they will take with this one. The CM are all assuming that there will be a CM preview, at least of SWGE CM before it's opened to the public.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!