Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
All speculation until we get a definitive pricetag and list of all what it includes. Is it all inclusive, how many "hours" do you really get to spend there. A lot of it SHOULD be a mystery so as to not spoil the experience, but hard to pin a "is it worth it" value until we know more.

But I agree... we need to look at this as an "experience", not a hotel. Basically Live Action Role Playing taken to the nth degree.
I mean .. my friends and I always loved dressing up and going to the Ren Faire and being "in character" all day alongside the people that worked there (who had to be in character). It was a fun experience. Being able to do that with Star Wars, with realistic settings and incorporating the already-immersive Batuu .. that will be fun.
Just think about the people who spend hundreds of dollars on cos-play costumes .. simply to just walk around conventions dressed up as their favorite characters and pretend to be them. Those people (who are immersed into Star Wars) will pony up the cash for this experience.

I mean .. a lot of people spend $400+ a night on a Deluxe Disney resort .. that in most cases is used to sleep in while spending time (and more money) at the parks. People spend TENS of thousands on DVC.
There will be a market for this experience for sure and due to its small capacity I expect it may be difficult to get in.

I can only imagine that the Black Spire Outpost experience will be NOT during normal hours. Sorta ruins the immersion when you are walking around and bump into a family with their Mickey Ears on. :)

I agree. A lot of it hinges on the experiences involved. Are they going to wake you up at 2am so you can help fend off a First Order attack? I mean, that would be cool!

The basic concept art design doesn’t really look Star Wars-y to me. Just more generic future SciFi. There are of course SW flourishes such as droids and people playing Sabacc. SW can be anything I suppose but I hope it really feels SW and not just any SciFi.

If the demand is high there could be a waiting list months or years long.

The site says those are current pricing plans. The actual pricing could be higher or lower.

Posters are missing the point. The question isn't what we're willing to pay or what we think is reasonable. The question is what will the limited number of guests be willing to pay.
Look at CL rooms at poly and gf. $1200 to 1500 per night might be doable. Look at the cost for deluxe dining. Figure the equivalent of 3 signature or character meals a day. Maybe 150 per night.. The equivalent of Disney after hours with only a few hundred guest. Another 150 per night.

Hate to say it but the numbers look about right.

It may seem counterintuitive but a fast sell out suggests pricing was too low.

Look at platinum packages for concerts and shows. Disneys target market is a customer willing to pay thousands of dollars for a concert ticket which includes a meet n greet.

When you say "a fast sell out", to what are you referring?

So, is it just me or are the wait times a lot shorter than expected? Just 85mins for smugglers run right now. 85 mins for the most eagerly anticipated ride in decades at the biggest theme park resort in the world.

When soaring (and slinky) used to consistently have over 2 hour waits 85 mins for the best ride in a new land seems crazy short.

Meanwhile over on the west coast it's only a 40 min wait. Whilst kids are still on holiday!

Something very odd going on here.

So, is it just me or are the wait times a lot shorter than expected? Just 85mins for smugglers run right now. 85 mins for the most eagerly anticipated ride in decades at the biggest theme park resort in the world.

When soaring (and slinky) used to consistently have over 2 hour waits 85 mins for the best ride in a new land seems crazy short.

Meanwhile over on the west coast it's only a 40 min wait. Whilst kids are still on holiday!

Something very odd going on here.
This thread is about the resort experience not the land.

A hurricane is heading for Florida so plenty of people are cancelling or changing trips.

Yes, the Falcon can make the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs but Dorian can do it in 11. Maybe the Halcyon is faster. Oops, nothing is faster than the Falcon! That would be cool to see it go by your hotel room window, I mean spaceship stateroom port window.

This is probably not going to happen, but I wonder if there's any chance this is going to be just phase 1 for a possible much larger build-out of an all-inclusive Star Wars experience. (I've actually been thinking about something like this for years...). You could imagine building multiple such hotels (each representing a different spaceship), and they'd basically travel the "galaxy" with stops at various "planets." As others have said, it would be like a cruise, where everyone is committed for a fixed period of time at all-inclusive pricing. Instead of "port days," they could dump people for the day into what are essentially small parks (with just enough for the 4000 or however many people are in the hotel) for the day. These wouldn't even have to be that immersive: you could have a water-world (themed water park), ice-planet, jungle planet, or whatever. Anyway, if this hotel is successful, I wonder if they'd expand it into an entire "galactic cruise line" system of some sort.

Interestingly, there'd be no reason they'd need to locate this in Florida if it were big enough (if the "trips" were long enough, they wouldn't have to tie into the existing WDW infrastructure). But, if they are looking at 2-3 day stays, they probably do want to locate it there to capture people with week-long trips.

When you say "a fast sell out", to what are you referring?
Hotel selling out of rooms shortly after inventory is opened for booking. The way FoP FPs get reserved. The way AP preview slots for SWGE got grabbed.

Proper, high, pricing should keep inventory available for a period of time

Understood. But the way I read your post, it seemed as though you were saying they already had sold out rooms quickly.

I'm the poster who mentioned CL and DDxP dining. I did it as a point of reference. Most DIS seem to be looking for deals, nothing wrong with that. Free dining. PIN discounts. Buying discounted Disney gift cards. At least one poster thought Disney would be pricing the Stars Wars hotel similar to a moderate resort. Posters seem to think projected pricing is absurdly high.

You can't look at the pricing from the view point of a guest who books a value or moderate resort. Even from the view point of guest who books a discounted deluxe resort. Disney is looking for customers who pay premium pricing for concerts and shows. A person who will pay $1,000 or more for a VIP concert ticket or sporting event. A person who is willing to book first class air.

The hotel is priced to appeal to a customer who is willing to pay for CL. CL rooms typically go for for 1,000 or more a night. GF Club, main building, double and triple that.
Price a CL room, DDxP dining and a couple of extra hours pay experiences and you'll get an idea of what kind of pricing is "reasonable" Double that number might be outrageous. A number not much higher then that is "reasonable". JMO

It looks like a lot of the cost is priced per person, with only a slight room discount, for the 3-5 in a room.

People want to use the cruise analogy. Fine but look to a cruise line such as Ocenaia. Look at the highest booking category on a DCL. Don't look at a discounted mid or lower priced cabin.

A 2 night voyage at Star Wars hotel might cost as much as a 7-10 day regular Disney vacation. Some people will have to pick, others can afford to do both.

My first thought was no way. I've been to Disney many times. Maybe I'd enjoy a Star Wars voyage more then I'd enjoy another regular trip.

I agree Disney isn't looking to swap out CL guests. Convince a CL to extend their trip or book a future voyage.

I can see some people flying down for a weekend voyage. We might see pricing like current hotel pricing with somewhat of a price break mid week.
Definitely some good points. I’m DVC so I don’t price out Deluxe or CL so probably not realizing just how much more that got.

It could be worth it. I think what the packages include will be a big part of it.

That being said, I’m sure I’ll do it once.

Has anyone tried to do the scale measurements on room sizes? Hubby and I were talking about it this morning and while I know nothing regarding "cabin" size has been officially released ,I also know there are some very resourceful and math-minded folks around here who may have seen the schematics that have been posted a while back. :)

Has anyone tried to do the scale measurements on room sizes? Hubby and I were talking about it this morning and while I know nothing regarding "cabin" size has been officially released ,I also know there are some very resourceful and math-minded folks around here who may have seen the schematics that have been posted a while back. :)

The rooms are about 330 sq/ft for the normal cabin, and 660 for the 1st class.

The rooms are about 330 sq/ft for the normal cabin, and 660 for the 1st class.

Gotcha - so regular rooms will be roughly the size of BLT Studios (Larger than a moderate room, but smaller than any other Deluxe/DVC studio). That helps me visually when we're determining how feasible putting 5 people in a room really is :)

Hmmmm, sounds interesting but I know my wife would not like getting locked into a room for 2 or more days, this is immersion to 1 millionth and according to news out of D23, a cabin on the Star Cruiser, which sleeps five, starts at $3,300. Disney has yet to announce an official opening date for the hotel. With only rumored 68 rooms this will be super limited, no windows, hmmmm.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!