Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the question would be... what are the other experiences and do they make up the delta. Figure dining is about $150-200 a day per person, $355 per person for a 3 day park hopper, that would be $2775 for the family of 5... leaving $5000 for the fam of 5. Even if the room were a $1000 a night which is pricey for a hotel room even at Disney... thats still $2K work of stuff. Is there another $2k worth of stuff.

I'll also point out... I'm doing the 8 night Disney Cruise in the east caribbean in October. That cost me $8000 for 5 people in 2 cabins.

I'm hoping if they do this absurd price point, that they vary by season and this is Christmas time
I don’t think Disney intended to spend a ton of $$$ , especially if there are a bunch more actors (daily costs) for guests to just swap out 2 nights of a Club-level DDxP (or any other non-Presidential suite level) trip. Disney is spending $ to make more $.

I think this is a different experience than a cruise (where different companies have to compete while going to the same/similar ports) and will probably cost a lot more due to the lack of competition.

This botique hotel has always sounded way, way, way over my budget. I have no desire to build a $100 lightsaber, but I’m glad to hear it’s a quality item. Hopefully I’ll get to read/watch some great trip reports from it.

I don’t think Disney intended to spend a ton of $$$ , especially if there are a bunch more actors (daily costs) for guests to just swap out 2 nights of a Club-level DDxP (or any other non-Presidential suite level) trip. Disney is spending $ to make more $.

I think this is a different experience than a cruise (where different companies have to compete while going to the same/similar ports) and will probably cost a lot more due to the lack of competition.

I'm the poster who mentioned CL and DDxP dining. I did it as a point of reference. Most DIS seem to be looking for deals, nothing wrong with that. Free dining. PIN discounts. Buying discounted Disney gift cards. At least one poster thought Disney would be pricing the Stars Wars hotel similar to a moderate resort. Posters seem to think projected pricing is absurdly high.

You can't look at the pricing from the view point of a guest who books a value or moderate resort. Even from the view point of guest who books a discounted deluxe resort. Disney is looking for customers who pay premium pricing for concerts and shows. A person who will pay $1,000 or more for a VIP concert ticket or sporting event. A person who is willing to book first class air.

The hotel is priced to appeal to a customer who is willing to pay for CL. CL rooms typically go for for 1,000 or more a night. GF Club, main building, double and triple that.
Price a CL room, DDxP dining and a couple of extra hours pay experiences and you'll get an idea of what kind of pricing is "reasonable" Double that number might be outrageous. A number not much higher then that is "reasonable". JMO

It looks like a lot of the cost is priced per person, with only a slight room discount, for the 3-5 in a room.

People want to use the cruise analogy. Fine but look to a cruise line such as Ocenaia. Look at the highest booking category on a DCL. Don't look at a discounted mid or lower priced cabin.

A 2 night voyage at Star Wars hotel might cost as much as a 7-10 day regular Disney vacation. Some people will have to pick, others can afford to do both.

My first thought was no way. I've been to Disney many times. Maybe I'd enjoy a Star Wars voyage more then I'd enjoy another regular trip.

I agree Disney isn't looking to swap out CL guests. Convince a CL to extend their trip or book a future voyage.

I can see some people flying down for a weekend voyage. We might see pricing like current hotel pricing with somewhat of a price break mid week.

Last edited:
Presumably these prices mentioned are pre discount which will inevitably happen if they don't sell out at rack rate.

Very reasonable for a 2 night stay? Are you serious? Wow...I wish I had your bank account. That price for a family of 5 is around TWICE the cost of a 3 NIGHT cruise. There is no way that this resort will offer the same experience as a 3 day cruise. Just absolutely no way.

I literally laughed out loud when I saw this rumored pricing. Disney is completely out of touch with reality.
And this is just a 2 night stay. You'd have to add 50% to compare it with 3 night cruise pricing.

OK, WILD speculation on my part, but here's what this experience is going to be like;
The SWR will be set up like a Padawan training facility. I think that's the only way you get all of the guests on the same page, experiencing all of the offerings on a set schedule, including eating on a set schedule. Park tickets are NOT included, because you are not going to leave the SW bubble for the relatively short time you will be there (3 days, 2 nights). Exclusive time in SWGE would be part of the package but, aside from that and maybe Star Tours, you will not be leaving the SWR. A nice touch would be if light saber and droid building are included, but could see Disney charging extra for those things.

...then you know, Disney-style, plot device, things happen.

You might think that people are going to get bored and want to head into the parks, but compare this to a cruise; It's pretty easy to stay entertained for a whole week on a cruise without even doing shore excursions. A 3-day cruise is really not long enough in fact.

@Lumpy1106 maybe the kid dragged along who hates star wars will get bored....but I don't think anyone would shell out the money to drag a non fan along.

Maybe once I'm done paying for daycare and student loans I can realistically book a stay here.

ETA: I'm concerned about the windows being portholes into space...part of me gets the realism, but I'm gonna go bonkers without natural light.

Is there expected to be a pool? TBH I am on board with the potential pricing for this experience IF I am able to hop into an escape pod (i.e. elevator) and jet down to lounge and swim in some luxurious water hole on a lush and beautiful exotic planet whilst sipping a poolside galaxy margarita.

Is there expected to be a pool? TBH I am on board with the potential pricing for this experience IF I am able to hop into an escape pod (i.e. elevator) and jet down to lounge and swim in some luxurious water hole on a lush and beautiful exotic planet whilst sipping a poolside galaxy margarita.
No I don’t believe there will be a pool.

First, I think everyone needs to get out of the ”this is a hotel” mindset and stop comparing it to one. I think it’s going to be very similar to a cruise. I’ve come up with what I think would be a good itinerary.

Day 1: Embarkation
Arrive at Orlando space port where you are transported to the Halcyon lobby to check in. You will have a couple hours to explore your cabin and a bit of the ship. Report to your safety drill and battle training. Then you go to dinner that includes entertainment. You can then explore the ship some more, go to the bar, play some Sabacc, holochess or some other games, participate in light saber training, maybe even build you own.

Day 2: Batuu
Breakfast on the ship then prepare to board your transport ship to Batuu for about 4 hours. Maybe have a guide with exclusive access to attractions, do lunch on your own. Return to the Halcyon on a transport ship. You will have some time to return to cabin do some more ship activities before dinner, again with entertainment. After dinner First Order ships show up and start attacking, report to battle stations to help crew fend them off. Kyle Ren shows up with troopers and officers, crew negotiates and First order leaves. Celebration occurs surviving the battle.

Day 3: debarkation day
Breakfast and then transport back to Orlando.

First, I think everyone needs to get out of the ”this is a hotel” mindset and stop comparing it to one. I think it’s going to be very similar to a cruise. I’ve come up with what I think would be a good itinerary.

Day 1: Embarkation
Arrive at Orlando space port where you are transported to the Halcyon lobby to check in. You will have a couple hours to explore your cabin and a bit of the ship. Report to your safety drill and battle training. Then you go to dinner that includes entertainment. You can then explore the ship some more, go to the bar, play some Sabacc, holochess or some other games, participate in light saber training, maybe even build you own.

Day 2: Batuu
Breakfast on the ship then prepare to board your transport ship to Batuu for about 4 hours. Maybe have a guide with exclusive access to attractions, do lunch on your own. Return to the Halcyon on a transport ship. You will have some time to return to cabin do some more ship activities before dinner, again with entertainment. After dinner First Order ships show up and start attacking, report to battle stations to help crew fend them off. Kyle Ren shows up with troopers and officers, crew negotiates and First order leaves. Celebration occurs surviving the battle.

Day 3: debarkation day
Breakfast and then transport back to Orlando.

Yep ... I'd agree it'll be something like you listed. I think there'll still be up-charge opportunities and you'll probably need to reserve your Jedi training and other activity times as it'll be spread out over the 2 days in groups. But yeah, it'll be a pretty structured cruise style itinerary.

It’s basically one full day. Still seems like I can get my Star Wars fix at GE and the best things available will be SR and RoftheR, both of which anyone can do. It will need great reviews and a sense that the activities are really worth the premium cost.

I totally forgot GE is opening tomorrow!!!

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong thread. 😐

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!