STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

My guess is that during the summer months fewer people will cosplay on Batuu. It’s just too hot for most things. Before I let my pass expire last year, I was much more likely to dress up during the fall and winter. If I did during the summer I did not wear my vest.
Lol.. If I could afford it but the place is insanely priced for 3 people for everything especially with the add ons we would want to do. But from my understanding a lot of cosplay they are nit picky. Even face paint now can only wear half of it, no masks or helmets etc. But then again SW Celebration they enforced a lot of new whats and what nots as well.

So question.... I just got a notification on my phone saying I had a datapad message from Chandrila Starlines. When I clicked it, it took me to the datapad and gave me the out of range warning and that's it. There was nothing I could see or click to find said message. Anyone have any idea how to find it? Or what it said?
🙁

(We are 62 days out.)

So question.... I just got a notification on my phone saying I had a datapad message from Chandrila Starlines. When I clicked it, it took me to the datapad and gave me the out of range warning and that's it. There was nothing I could see or click to find said message. Anyone have any idea how to find it? Or what it said?
🙁

(We are 62 days out.)
My husband and I got the exact same message this morning. Nothing in the Play Disney app; 62 days, July 23.

Lol.. If I could afford it but the place is insanely priced for 3 people for everything especially with the add ons we would want to do. But from my understanding a lot of cosplay they are nit picky. Even face paint now can only wear half of it, no masks or helmets etc. But then again SW Celebration they enforced a lot of new whats and what nots as well.

I’ve never done the cruiser, I just used to be a local AP who often cosplayed SW at HS. Adults were never allowed to wear full face paint, non-medical masks, or helmets at the parks. They actually relaxed costume rules a bit for HS compared to what they used to be. Basically, no weapons other than lightsabers, capes can’t be past your hip, no robes, avoid perfectly matching any characters, and use normal everyday clothing (that maybe you made some modifications to) to create your look. Anything within that goes! I’ve seen lots of Rey’s, jedi, sith, Han’s, and generic well-done SW outfits. Jedi/sith sometimes sub a jacket or long cardigan for the robe.

🙁

(We are 62 days out.)
Check today. We were able to access the messages this morning.

We are thinking in terms of layers, with the idea that I will wear the typical sun smart gear I always do for the parks, but in themed colors (oranges, blacks, browns), and then have a major costume accessory that coordinates with everything else. Most likely the accessory piece will be for the Starcruiser only. I don't want to wear a sweat drenched cloak around the ship! Can you imagine going outside in June in something like the Organa Security Aide Jacket? I would have to air it out and probably get it dry cleaned! I also don't want to wear what everyone else is so I have been looking at boutique retailers online that cater to Burning Man for the accessory piece. Something like a neutral hooded robe or vest that I can decorate with pins, etc.

My kids have been asking whether they can go on other rides at Hollywood Studios during our time on Batuu. I have been telling them to think of the Starcruiser itself as a two-day attraction, and that we should focus on that and try to stay in the bubble. I still think that is the correct answer, but I could see how something like Star Tours might still make sense. Obviously we get the two lightning lanes included in our package. Is it even possible to buy Genie+ for HS if you are Starcruiser guests? Can you purchase it at midnight the night before the Batuu excursion, and then use it to book things like Star Tours and Slinky Dog Dash? I am not sure I even want to go down this path, but I was wondering if it is possible. We have recently done Savi's/droids/Ogas in the California park, and we are not planning to do those again, but we have not been to HS in a long time, and never with the kids.
A couple of suggestions for costume pieces...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BXGNKGY?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D32YP5F?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

As to your time on Batuu, I can't answer the Genie+ question, but there are some Starcruiser missions to complete while you're there, and lots of crates you can "scan" to collect virtual equipment as well as other games/puzzles to play (like hacking into some of the antennas). I don't know if your kids are into things like Pokemon Go, but if they are, running around and collecting those virtual prizes might keep them entertained.

If they're just about the rides, and they've never been to HS, I'd say maybe let them each pick one thing outside of GE to do? Better to break immersion than to have grumpy padawans, it is, hmmm?

Oh, and if you're a Disney Visa Card member, there is an exclusive photo shoot at the Star Wars Launch Bay in the main section of the park. K-2SO appeared with us in one photo, and some stormtroopers appeared with us in another.

My kids have been asking whether they can go on other rides at Hollywood Studios during our time on Batuu. I have been telling them to think of the Starcruiser itself as a two-day attraction, and that we should focus on that and try to stay in the bubble. I still think that is the correct answer, but I could see how something like Star Tours might still make sense. Obviously we get the two lightning lanes included in our package. Is it even possible to buy Genie+ for HS if you are Starcruiser guests? Can you purchase it at midnight the night before the Batuu excursion, and then use it to book things like Star Tours and Slinky Dog Dash? I am not sure I even want to go down this path, but I was wondering if it is possible. We have recently done Savi's/droids/Ogas in the California park, and we are not planning to do those again, but we have not been to HS in a long time, and never with the kids.
This is an excellent question, and unfortunately is not one that I am able to answer... However you choose to treat your "Batuu excursion day" is entirely up to you, so my guess is that you could purchase Genie Plus if that is what you want to do. You will have valid theme park admission plus a park reservation at DHS, which I think are the only requirements.

However, here is something you may want to think about.... You are spending a lot of money to have an integrated, highly immersive Star Wars experience. Would leaving Batuu to go ride Slinky Dog Dash, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster or the Tower of Terror break the immersion for you? For us it certainly would have, and we never even considered going beyond the borders of Batuu... However, from speaking with some of the other passengers on our voyage, I know there are plenty of people who decide to visit the entire park. So YMMV, I suppose. 8-)

This is an excellent question, and unfortunately is not one that I am able to answer... However you choose to treat your "Batuu excursion day" is entirely up to you, so my guess is that you could purchase Genie Plus if that is what you want to do. You will have valid theme park admission plus a park reservation at DHS, which I think are the only requirements.

However, here is something you may want to think about.... You are spending a lot of money to have an integrated, highly immersive Star Wars experience. Would leaving Batuu to go ride Slinky Dog Dash, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster or the Tower of Terror break the immersion for you? For us it certainly would have, and we never even considered going beyond the borders of Batuu... However, from speaking with some of the other passengers on our voyage, I know there are plenty of people who decide to visit the entire park. So YMMV, I suppose. 8-)

I think my DS and DW would be content to stay in the bubble but my DD likes rides and wants to maximize our brief time there. She is also a teenager and I don't take for granted that she wants to do anything with us anymore. But she makes the fair point that we are unlikely to make a dedicated trip to HS anytime soon, and she has only ever been on the Guardians reskin of ToT at Disneyland. So I guess there is a logic to checking off a couple of those unique experiences.

As for what works for me? Well... I do not like thrill rides and usually sit them out. I guess I could do that just as easily in Batuu. Or in the Sublight Lounge with a nice cocktail. Come to think of it, this might be an excellent plan! :drinking:

Saturday morning we made a trip to Batuu to see the current passengers arriving. I overhead a number of groups saying that they were headed directly to other parts of the park to skip Batuu entirely. Adults and kids.

we wanted to go to Batuu in costume, but that was in March. Would not have been able to do it now.

My eldest wants to do RnR because he's never ridden it, and my youngest wants to do MMRR for the same reason. I would rather not run around the park but our Batuu excursion day will be our only HS day, so we may try for Genie+ that day.

Saturday morning we made a trip to Batuu to see the current passengers arriving. I overhead a number of groups saying that they were headed directly to other parts of the park to skip Batuu entirely. Adults and kids.
Wow, I find this incredibly surprising... You absolutely need to complete certain tasks/missions in Black Spire Outpost in order to further your story. Maybe they were headed to the other areas to get a ride or two in before the crowds built up?? Since the two lightning lanes they give you are not time-specific, I guess I could see some folks doing it that way. But I just can't see anyone completely skipping the Batuu missions.

Wow, I find this incredibly surprising... You absolutely need to complete certain tasks/missions in Black Spire Outpost in order to further your story. Maybe they were headed to the other areas to get a ride or two in before the crowds built up?? Since the two lightning lanes they give you are not time-specific, I guess I could see some folks doing it that way. But I just can't see anyone completely skipping the Batuu missions.
I can. We ate at the Captain's Table the second night of our voyage and the rest of the guests at the table consisted of a 30-something(?) couple with two younger sons (roughly 4 and 6) and two older (retirement age) couples. From what I gathered of the conversations, the two older couples were the parents of the 30-something husband and wife. It was the older couples who were into the whole experience, while the younger couple seemed ambivalent about it all, at best.

At worst it seemed like the younger couple would've been happier to be someplace else entirely. So I could see the older couples enjoying their time "on Batuu" while the younger couple just took the kids to ride rides in HS proper. What I found particularly odd is, it sounded like the younger couple paid for the entire cruise for all eight of them, which made me think, "If you're as not into all this as you seem, why not just pay for your parents to do it while you and the kids save a ton of money and stay at one of the value resorts?" Who knows.

We are in Batuu today for recon and shopping to prepare for our Trip in July. I have a few observations,

1. Passengers did not start arriving until about 8:45am
2. The crew suggested to enjoy breakfast, not rush and expect to spend 3 hours on planet to "do it all"
3. Not many passengers were in costume, most in shorts and t-shirts
4. I was surprised to see most passengers not wearing their pins. I asked the crew when the pins were given out and they said on the transport. So maybe the pins just went into pockets to be put on later.
5. It's AFRICA HOT! I am rethinking my costume
Yeah, the heat made me rethink my costume for our excursion day as well. We ordered custom t shirts to fit our backstory and plan to visit dressed as the locals. 😂

We are in Batuu today for recon and shopping to prepare for our Trip in July. I have a few observations,

1. Passengers did not start arriving until about 8:45am
2. The crew suggested to enjoy breakfast, not rush and expect to spend 3 hours on planet to "do it all"
3. Not many passengers were in costume, most in shorts and t-shirts
4. I was surprised to see most passengers not wearing their pins. I asked the crew when the pins were given out and they said on the transport. So maybe the pins just went into pockets to be put on later.
5. It's AFRICA HOT! I am rethinking my costume

Just sharing my personal experience here... We got in line to shuttle to Batuu at 7:40am. First in line, they let us go early and we were in GE by 7:50am. Breakfast starts at 7am, so if you go there at 7, I think 40 minutes is more than enough time for a leisurely breakfast. The loading place is 1 second away from where you exit breakfast. We wore costumes! I specifically selected one for this day that would not be too hot and I knew would not be uncomfortable. I wore my pin the whole time, I loved it. The Starcruiser was so so so so fun. Typing this is making me miss it.

At worst it seemed like the younger couple would've been happier to be someplace else entirely. So I could see the older couples enjoying their time "on Batuu" while the younger couple just took the kids to ride rides in HS proper. What I found particularly odd is, it sounded like the younger couple paid for the entire cruise for all eight of them, which made me think, "If you're as not into all this as you seem, why not just pay for your parents to do it while you and the kids save a ton of money and stay at one of the value resorts?" Who knows.
Traveling with your parents and two small children does not sound like a vacation!

I am thinking of taking a wait and see approach, going through Day 1 and then at that point deciding whether we want to stay in the bubble on Day 2 or venture further into the park. I think the priority will have to be Batuu missions, then the two rides, and then maybe some other HS attractions around lunchtime (or after) if I can get the LLs to work out.

What is the latest you would recommend getting back to the ship? I was assuming around 2:00 or so if we want time to eat and recover a bit. Alternatively, would it be feasible to eat at, say, noon or so on the Starcruiser and then go back into HS for a bit for a couple of LLs? We want to save our dining credits for the final day, to use at Animal Kingdom.

Tomorrow is my 60 day mark. Which number can I book everything?

The GS website says,
CSL Photo package (407) 939-7739
Savi's (407) 939-1800

Do I really need to make 2 calls?

Tomorrow is my 60 day mark. Which number can I book everything?

The GS website says,
CSL Photo package (407) 939-7739
Savi's (407) 939-1800

Do I really need to make 2 calls?
When I called (60 day mark, started dialing at 6:58am) to add the CSL photo package, I used 407-939-7739. That CM was also able to book an Oga's reservation for our excursion day. Not sure if the CLS number also applies to Savi's, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Good Luck in the AM!!

When I called (60 day mark, started dialing at 6:58am) to add the CSL photo package, I used 407-939-7739. That CM was also able to book an Oga's reservation for our excursion day. Not sure if the CLS number also applies to Savi's, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Good Luck in the AM!!
That was 6:58am central time zone 7:58 eastern, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter