STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

I'm building my Lightsaber at Savi's in 3 weeks but staying at Galactic Star cruiser in December. I'm all about wearing the Hilt but I don't want to lug around the whole Lightsaber. I just went to Disney's site and the rules for costumes are pretty clear. It states nothing can be worn that can be mistaken for an actually weapon. No where does it say anything about a holster. I think I will chance it lol. I mean they can't throw me out into space, can they?
The Parks Blog post I linked does specifically mention holsters, but like I said about Reddit, some people have said they wore them into the park. Worst case is they’d tell you to take it off. Good luck!

I don't care to wear it in the park. Just on the ship. Got to play the part!
I was dressed as Han Solo the day of my Batuu visit (mid-April) and had a leather holster (no blaster). I didn't know it was not permitted and no one said anything. I may have run afoul of some rules but, at least for me, no one called me out either on the Starcruiser or in Batuu.

One other thing I would mention that I don't think many people have discussed is that if you choose to go to Savi's and Droid Depot you end up with A LOT of things to carry. I have 3 kids who all got droids and all got light sabers. You have a choice from both to get some pretty good carrying bags which was extremely helpful but doesn't change the fact that I then had a lot of stuff I needed to figure out how to get home. In addition, I bought some of the unique items on the Starcruiser which further added to my treasure. The Starcruiser ended up having a service which allowed you to fill plastic bags full of items you wanted shipped home. We left the bags on our beds at checkout. I had to fill out some forms online with the info on how many bags I was leaving for them. They were closed with plastic ties. I then got a call the day after checkout to confirm they had my items and were shipping them out that day. They arrived early the following week (earlier than they had estimated) and were packaged really well so everything was in good shape. I had taken out extra insurance just in case but nothing was damaged. I will concede the shipping was not inexpensive but a fraction of the cost of the Starcruiser and it made things so much easier during the subsequent days of our trip (we remained at Grand Floridian for 3 more nights) and especially on our plane trip home. For those willing to pay the price you may want to consider this. By the way, you can include anything you want in these bags including dirty clothes, other souvenirs, etc. - they don't care - they will ship anything. For those who are interested...

I was dressed as Han Solo the day of my Batuu visit (mid-April) and had a leather holster (no blaster). I didn't know it was not permitted and no one said anything. I may have run afoul of some rules but, at least for me, no one called me out either on the Starcruiser or in Batuu.
I did a little research and have seen 30+ photos of people wearing the holster on Galactic Star Cruiser so I think I will be fine. Plus a cannot find anything on Disneys site saying no holsters. Even Woody has empty holsters so I don't think it will be a big deal. Worse thing they can say is I can't wear it but it looks like it's allowed.

Plus a cannot find anything on Disneys site saying no holsters.
I don't know what is enforced and what isn't enforced, but I googled "Disney Costume Policy" and it took me to a Disneyworld page which says this:

Inappropriate Attire
Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests. Attire that is not appropriate for the parks—and which may result in refusal of admittance—includes but is not limited to:
  • Costumes and costume masks, which may not be worn by Guests 14 years of age or older.
Exceptions:
  1. Specific Halloween and Christmas events. See below.
  2. Some outfits inspired by Star Wars. Learn more
  • Clothing with objectionable material, including obscene language or graphics
  • Excessively torn clothing
  • Clothing which, by nature, exposes excessive portions of the skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment
  • Clothing that touches or drags on the ground
  • Clothing with multiple layers is subject to search upon entry
  • Objectionable tattoos
When I clicked on the "Learn More" link it took me to a Disneyland page which says this about dressing to visit Galaxy's Edge:

Not permitted attire includes:
  • All robes or military-style attire
  • Masks, face paint, elaborate headwear, blasters or holsters (lightsabers are allowed) or hard items such as body armor, helmets or kneepads
  • Full character suits
Started here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress/

Clicking on the "Learn More" link took me here: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ing-for-your-visit-to-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

I don't know what is enforced and what isn't enforced, but I googled "Disney Costume Policy" and it took me to a Disneyworld page which says this:

Inappropriate Attire
Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests. Attire that is not appropriate for the parks—and which may result in refusal of admittance—includes but is not limited to:
  • Costumes and costume masks, which may not be worn by Guests 14 years of age or older.
Exceptions:
  1. Specific Halloween and Christmas events. See below.
  2. Some outfits inspired by Star Wars. Learn more
  • Clothing with objectionable material, including obscene language or graphics
  • Excessively torn clothing
  • Clothing which, by nature, exposes excessive portions of the skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment
  • Clothing that touches or drags on the ground
  • Clothing with multiple layers is subject to search upon entry
  • Objectionable tattoos
When I clicked on the "Learn More" link it took me to a Disneyland page which says this about dressing to visit Galaxy's Edge:

Not permitted attire includes:
  • All robes or military-style attire
  • Masks, face paint, elaborate headwear, blasters or holsters (lightsabers are allowed) or hard items such as body armor, helmets or kneepads
  • Full character suits
Started here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress/

Clicking on the "Learn More" link took me here: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ing-for-your-visit-to-star-wars-galaxys-edge/
I was talking about on the Galactic Star Cruiser, not so much in SE:GE. I plan on modifying the holster on my belt to hold my lightsaber hilt. I'll be a blaster-less smuggler with a stolen lightsaber lol.

Is the roll call still being updated? If so, I (and hubs) are on the 7/23 cruise!

It's a surprise for his birthday that I revealed to him this past weekend because I couldn't keep it secret anymore! LOL Now we are trying to figure out costumes that are awesome but won't have us dying in the July heat. We're not really costume people so this is a challenge!

So excited for the experience and hope I can overcome my introvert tendencies enough to have fun. :oops:

Hey everyone! Quick question or two on the booking the Portrait session.

What time does the phone line open? I thought I read it on here & wrote it down, but I misplaced my note. Also, I did write down two different phone numbers (407)939-7739 & (407)939-4243. Anyone know if one is better than the other (or if one is just not correct?)

Thanks!!

Hey everyone! Quick question or two on the booking the Portrait session.

What time does the phone line open? I thought I read it on here & wrote it down, but I misplaced my note. Also, I did write down two different phone numbers (407)939-7739 & (407)939-4243. Anyone know if one is better than the other (or if one is just not correct?)

Thanks!!

Phones open at 7 am EST. I had good luck with the second number.

I tried searching google and forums and couldn't find anything... I haven't watched the full Dis review videos with Ryno and Fiasco, but as far as cosplay does anyone that has been know if you can go as a sith or "bad guy" and fit into the storyline or is it accepted? Thinking about booking for the DW and I, but I like the dark side. Second question, it seems like you get split up if you choose opposing sides?

I tried searching google and forums and couldn't find anything... I haven't watched the full Dis review videos with Ryno and Fiasco, but as far as cosplay does anyone that has been know if you can go as a sith or "bad guy" and fit into the storyline or is it accepted? Thinking about booking for the DW and I, but I like the dark side. Second question, it seems like you get split up if you choose opposing sides?

Yes, you can totally be a bad guy. We had an Assaj Ventress and several First Order/Imperial officers on our sailing. There is a whole First Order path.

If you choose different paths you get different missions, but I often tagged along with DH on his missions and he on mine. And when we did split up, it gave us something to talk about later.

Second question, it seems like you get split up if you choose opposing sides?

@sophy1996 touched on it well. It's really hard to explain but it all just sort of works even if you pick different paths. My kids were on different paths than us (my DD even switched sides along the way). We let DS go on his own for the most part but went with DD to her various things and it never really interfered with our overall experiences. It was all just part of the fun, in our experience.

Is the roll call still being updated? If so, I (and hubs) are on the 7/23 cruise!

I sort of stopped doing it as after the initial rush it seemed like we were getting less folks joining and/or people constantly changing dates. But it's on my list to get back to the first few pages and make it a proper FAQ/guest list/etc now that this has been in operations for a few months - so I'll get you added!

Enjoy your cruise!

We disembarked from our cruise on Sunday the 8th, and what everyone has said about taking a day to decompress after you disembark is great advice. We flew home because it was Mother's Day, otherwise I would've been totally ok with booking another night at one of the hotels so we could sit by the pool and relax.

Is the experience worth the cost? If you can afford it, I would say yes, 100%. The attention to detail and the commitment of the cast members is incredible. There are also so many things to do that you can't possibly be bored. In fact, I think you'd have to go on the Star Cruiser at least three times to experience all of the storylines and complete all of the missions.

That said, if the cost would be a burden for you, or would put you (deeper) in debt, I don't think the experience is worth that.

One recommendation - unless you need it due to the size of your party, don't bother with the Galaxy Suite or the Captain's Suite. We had three adults in our party, two of us being a couple, so having the Galaxy Suite with its separate sleeping area was a bonus, but we spent so little time it the cabin, if our friend hadn't come with us it would've felt like wasted money.

The food was so-so, particularly at breakfast and lunch. The dinners were really good, but I think the dinners suffered from having to all be served at, or around the same time. It was obvious, particularly the first night, that some of the dishes had sat in the back for a while.

There was a mix of people who wore costumes and those who didn't. Some folks just wore Star Wars t-shirts, and some just wore street clothes. For me that really didn't break the immersion because I concentrated on the actors/crewmembers who never broke immersion.

There were also quite a few more children than I expected. Those in the 8-12 y.o. age range really seemed to get into it. Apparently one nine year old First Order operative even outed his dad as a Resistance Sympathizer! I didn't quite understand the idea of bringing kids who were younger than about 5 or 6 on the cruise, unless they thought the whole thing would only last a year or two and they would miss it if they waited until the kids were older.

One thing I'm curious about for those of you who have also been on the Cruiser - I have heard that folks were able to get, or purchase, special items during their excursion to Batuu based on who they talked to, or what missions they are given. None of the three of us experienced that despite each pursuing a slightly different path. If you were one of the lucky ones for whom this occured, could you please send me an IM to explain the situation? Thanks!

Another recommendation for future travelers, and another question for those who've already been...

The recommendation - carry phone chargers with you. In my normal life I rarely have to charge my phone more than once every other day, but on this trip, especially on the second day doing the missions on Batuu, my phone was down to about 30% by 1 PM and nearly drained by dinner time.

The question - when we stopped by the pop-up store on the way out, the clerk mentioned that there would be more exclusive Starcruiser merchandise available to us through the ShopDisney app and we would receive an email notification about it a day or two after checkout. Today is our second day after checkout and I haven't received an email about it yet, so I'm wondering if anyone else did?

For the Galactic Cruiser Star Wars "hotel", all the rooms are for 4 people minimum. Is there any forum, community board or process where two couples can match up share a room, to help defray costs? If not on disboards, then somewhere else online if someone would know?

Would this even be possible (e.g. first a couple will have an existing reservation to the base room as 2 people, but will then have to add 2 other people to it)

Thanks.

Another recommendation for future travelers, and another question for those who've already been...

The recommendation - carry phone chargers with you. In my normal life I rarely have to charge my phone more than once every other day, but on this trip, especially on the second day doing the missions on Batuu, my phone was down to about 30% by 1 PM and nearly drained by dinner time.

The question - when we stopped by the pop-up store on the way out, the clerk mentioned that there would be more exclusive Starcruiser merchandise available to us through the ShopDisney app and we would receive an email notification about it a day or two after checkout. Today is our second day after checkout and I haven't received an email about it yet, so I'm wondering if anyone else did?
I second the extra chargers. I borrowed one from Passenger Services, but it stopped charging below 50%. They lent me another, and my phone still didn't fully charge until I was back in my cabin for the night.

I didn't get an email, but I already knew that there was exclusive merchandise on shopDisney. The day we disembarked I ordered two t-shirts while waiting for our DVC villa at SSR to be ready. It took less than a week to receive them. Search for Galactic Starcruiser.

For the Galactic Cruiser Star Wars "hotel", all the rooms are for 4 people minimum. Is there any forum, community board or process where two couples can match up share a room, to help defray costs? If not on disboards, then somewhere else online if someone would know?

Would this even be possible (e.g. first a couple will have an existing reservation to the base room as 2 people, but will then have to add 2 other people to it)

Thanks.
I don't understand where it says there is a minimum of four. Perhaps you mean that the pricing that they initially show on the website has been priced at per person price using a party of four as an example?
You can book a room with just one person, if one person wants to pay the cost. (It's priced like "a cruise," so singles end up paying more per person than when there is two people in the room.) You can book a room with just two, just three, etc until the reservation hits max room capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter