Star Wars Episode VII release date to move to 2016?

crazy4wdw

Moderator - Restaurant Board
I found this article interesting. I hope Iger is not rushing the film, he needs to give the production team ample time or he's going to have a disaster on his hands.

'Star Wars: Episode VII' Drama Now Focused On Release Date?

Posted: 10/31/2013 2:45 pm EDT | Updated: 10/31/2013 4:00 pm EDT

One year and one day after Disney and Lucasfilm announced plans for another edition of "Star Wars" to arrive in theaters in 2015, The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that there's some internal strife over the film's planned release date.

Per THR, Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy reportedly requested that "Episode VII" move into 2016 because of some pre-production issues, like the fact that screenwriter Michael Arndt left the project earlier this month. Director J.J. Abrams and "Empire Strikes Back" co-screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan are now collaborating on the "Star Wars" script, which Badass Digest's Devin Faraci reported would start from square one.

Kennedy's ask, however, was denied by Disney CEO Bob Iger, who supposedly has an ally in Abrams; according to the trade report, Abrams is fully committed to hitting the 2015 release date. Or maybe he's not?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/31/star-wars-episode-vii-release-date_n_4182493.html

Hollywood Reporter Article: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/star-wars-episode-vii-disney-651482

Now THAT'S the Disney we all know and love...

Rushing something that cannot and shouldn't be rushed just to sell Chinese crap at walmart...

Gotta be proud.

When they bought/announced last year...I had assumed that there was full fledged work being done on a movie for six months to a year before...
It seems more evident that they have not - If these reports have true to them.

Raise your hands if you're surprised.

Nothing to see here. The project is still in preproduction. If there's issues that push shooting back then the release date needs to get pushed back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter