Star Wars dessert party

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
we have never seen the star wars fireworks and are not big star wars fans and I know that doesn't really matter. my question for those who have done the dessert party what did you like and not like about the party and would you do it again. Thanks

We've seen the fireworks a few times before and are doing the party for the first time this summer. For me, grabbing a snack, drink and having a reserved place to watch the fireworks are worth it. I hate having to stake out a spot an hour before they start. I'm also hoping there will be a little more elbow room in the reserved area. I see it as a one time thing, not something I'd do every time we go.

The seating for Star Wars fireworks is prime when you go to the dessert party. Storm troopers visit the party, and you can visit other characters in Launch Bay. You are encouraged to get a drink before walking over to the fireworks, so you have something to drink during the show. And the desserts are really good. It was our favorite experience last trip.

I'm also hoping there will be a little more elbow room in the reserved area.
Usually there is elbow room, but if it's a sold out party and if most of the people who did the SW tour show up plus any VIPs, the elbow room might be at a premium. On a typical night it's fine.

I've been at the SW dessert party and show on hundreds of nights and while it's a very good party, it's not necessary to do it just to have a good view of the show. On most nights you don't have to stake out a spot that early.
The seating for Star Wars fireworks is prime when you go to the dessert party.
Just for clarification. Unless Guests sit on the ground, which depending on how many people are allowed into the viewing area, is not always possible. There is no seating during the show just during the party portion.

We did it last July, best dessert party we did. Seating was a little tight, but that would be my only complaint and that was minor. Drinks and desserts were good, mix of sweet and savory. Led to the viewing area by Storm Troopers. Not crowded at all at the viewing point. We sat for the fireworks show, with drink in hand of course! Would definitely do this one again!

We've done it and are doing it again in July as we are going with some big Star Wars fans. The desserts and overall experience are very good, however, if you aren't big Star Wars fans, I don't know if I would invest the money in the dessert party.

If they still have this after GE opens, I am definitely going to do it. I saw the fireworks on my last trip but we had a terrible viewing spot and I cursed myself for not doing the dessert party.

From a year ago, the viewing location is great. The desserts are mostly meh. I did like the flash frozen nutella and I'm not even a fan of nutella. On a busy day I liked the no-hurry mentality the dessert parties give although the lack of seating at the party was annoying. A chance to rest a bit would have been most welcome. Is standing for desserts still the norm?

We did this on NYE and it was excellent for the view of the firework show - especially on NYE! None of my family found the desserts all that great though. We would not do this again - it was a one time thing mainly due to the NYE crowds.

I've done it multiple time and loved it. We've always been able to sit during the fireworks show, you're so close you can feel the heat from the flames in the show. It's awesome!

Your question really made me think. In my opinion the desserts are better at SW than at the MK dessert party, but equal to the Frozen party desserts. I didn't care for sharing a table at dessert and they are close together - but the storm troopers were the absolute best part of the evening! (and we're not big SW fans, either) We ended up stalking them most of the evening just to watch the interactions. The fireworks viewing location is great and they get you out in time to see the World of Animation show, too.

In my opinion the desserts are better at SW than at the MK dessert party, but equal to the Frozen party desserts.
That's very observant and is often expressed. The FEA, SW party and JBJB party are all put on by the team that puts on thousands of private events all over WDW. That's what they do and in my totally biased opinion, do it better.

I have this booked for July. My husband is excited to do this. He is a big Star Wars fan; I am not (yep, I'm one of those strange people who hasn't watched the movies). We have two small children. Tell me about seating. Are you seated at long tables with multiple other families or groups? Or are the tables individual? Is the viewing area all standing room or do people sit down there? I am guessing strollers aren't allowed in the dessert party or in the viewing area. Is this correct?

Great reviews. I think we will give this a shot on our next trip even tho my girls are not big SW fans they love desserts and fireworks. :)

Are you seated at long tables with multiple other families or groups?
No
Or are the tables individual?
Tables are for 5 Guests. You're a party of 4 so you'll have you're own table.
Is the viewing area all standing room or do people sit down there?
Usually you can sit on the ground but on certain busy party nights you may have to stand. It can also be both sitting and standing. No way to predict ahead of time.
I am guessing strollers aren't allowed in the dessert party or in the viewing area.
If you have a sleeping infant in the stroller before entering the party area, they will allow you to take the stroller in otherwise you'll park it outside and pick it up on your way out.

We did this on NYE and it was excellent for the view of the firework show - especially on NYE! None of my family found the desserts all that great though. We would not do this again - it was a one time thing mainly due to the NYE crowds.
Oh wow! I didn’t know they did it on NYE. I thought JBJB was the whole week after Christmas. Is the price higher on NYE?
And is it shown near midnight or earlier in the evening?
Thank you!

We did the party last year and it was my sons favorite thing we did! We are doing it again this year. The desserts and savories were quite good, the adult beverages were very good, the storm troopers and meet and greets with Kylie ren and chewie were fun, you get a souvenir stein, a walk to the viewing area with storm troopers and a pretty good seat for the show. All in all a pretty good time!

Usually there is elbow room, but if it's a sold out party and if most of the people who did the SW tour show up plus any VIPs, the elbow room might be at a premium. On a typical night it's fine.

Do they offer the SW tour every day? Is there a day of the week that should be avoided?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter