SSR or RIV Direct

macman123

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking of getting some direct points.

I currently have 155 BLT direct

I am thinking of getting another 200 direct so I can use at RIV.

But I'm not really sure 200 at RIV direct is really going to get me anywhere.

However, I have around 1000 SSR resale.

So here is the question - do I get SSR or RIV direct?

I've worked out the price per point year plus annual dues.

SSR still works out cheaper even with a shorter deed.

If you want to stay at Riviera, buy Riviera so you can book at 11 months. If you don’t want to stay at Riviera, buy SSR if it is less expensive. Only you can really answer your question.

If you want to stay at Riviera, buy Riviera so you can book at 11 months. If you don’t want to stay at Riviera, buy SSR if it is less expensive. Only you can really answer your question.

I only ever get 1BR's so even booking 7 months out isn't really an issue.......

Go with Riviera. If you don't find that's enough for your trips I have a feeling you'll just buy more.

Guessing the 200 will put your 2345 to 2545, still a nice ring to it! Or just get 155 at SSR giving you two direct 155’s to use at 7. Putting your total at 2500 even! Sure been fun seeing your updates!

Riviera. You have a lot of SSR points, and buying direct at SSR doesn't give you any home resoret advantage at Riviera, and I don't believe you have any Riviera points currently.

The flip of that is buying at Riviera doesn't give you an advantage at SSR, but you don't need that becuase you already have quite the home resort advantage at SSR.

My vote is also for Riviera if I was in your shoes, and gawd I wish I was in your shoes. Well probably not in January when dues need to be paid :P But you said yourself you're considering direct point for the purpose of using it at Riviera. Why not just give yourself the 11m advantage just in case the situation changes once Riviera sells out. You already have more than enough points at SSR that buying there would only be to save you a little bit of money. I guess also if you are considering selling your points down the line then you may have to consider the resale restriction for Riviera. But at the rate you're going, you're more likely to buy more points than sell.

RVA has just jumped in direct price if buying more than 100 points as the extra incentives ended yesterday.
Savings on $201 direct price until 12th May are now

100 to 124 Vacation Points$2 Per Vacation Point
125 to 149 Vacation Points$4 Per Vacation Point
150 to 199 Vacation Points$11 Per Vacation Point
200 to 299 Vacation Points$16 Per Vacation Point
300 to 499 Vacation Points$20 Per Vacation Point

My vote is also for Riviera if I was in your shoes, and gawd I wish I was in your shoes. Well probably not in January when dues need to be paid :P But you said yourself you're considering direct point for the purpose of using it at Riviera. Why not just give yourself the 11m advantage just in case the situation changes once Riviera sells out. You already have more than enough points at SSR that buying there would only be to save you a little bit of money. I guess also if you are considering selling your points down the line then you may have to consider the resale restriction for Riviera. But at the rate you're going, you're more likely to buy more points than sell.
My thoughts exactly

Buy RIV if you want to stay at RIV. While 1 bedrooms are easier to book, even those are going with SV during home resort time depending on the timing of the trip.

I think it’s a pretty popular place and 7 months booking are going to continue to get tougher, especially as resale buyers there will not be trading out at 7 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter