SSR Lovers and/or Owners Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bebelle;

I am sorry for your loss. I too have lost both my parents. I miss them every day. Mom passed June '07 and Dad Feb '06. We had trips just after Dad passed and then April of '08 after Mom's passing. SSR is a large resort and I found it so peaceful walking around the grounds early in the morning. I found myself reflecting, remembering and laughing frequently. SSR is our home resort and we adore staying there. We stay at the Grand Stand - DH is a golf freak and we always get a view of the course when we stay.

My son has just be accepted to the college program and I know that both "Gramma & Poppy" would be proud of him. I can hear my father now "....you're going to college at Disneyworld? Whose going to teach you? Mickey Mouse?....lol"

You know, I am comforted by the remember whens. Also, Mom is so much better off now than the last bit of time before her passing. I take the most comfort in that. I "talk" to her every day, and though I can't hear her wisdom with my ears, I hear it with my heart. And Mom loved nothing more than us having fun as a family, so I know she's behind my Disney break 100%!

Thank you. I have the same sentiments about my mom too!

Thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts and words. You all have given me even more anticipation for our first SSR experience. I am looking forward to a wonderful time with my husband...and Mickey!

Hi SSR Lovers and Owners,

We "3 teenagers and myself" just returned from a long weekend at SSR... AT first I was nervous about staying here as we are usually OKW or BWV people but sooo happy )to report that both myself (a OKW lover) and my 17 YR Old DD a (BWV lover) both agreed on SSR....it has a perfect mix of both.

It is equally as relaxing as OKW and has the option of excitment as BWV cause of the proximity to DD. This place is pristine and you can add us to this list!

Hi all!
Been quite some time since I have said hello...but wanted to share my DH's trip to SSR!

One of my "convincing" points to purchasing DVC back in 07..was telling DH that in 2010 he could take a golf trip to HHI with his 2 childhood friends who would also turn 50 the same week!

We booked HHI at the 7th mth mark for a 2 bdr (SSR is our home)...then afer seeing airfare there from Chicago and CA...I suggested ..duh..SSR and golf at Disney!

They just returned last night.

They all loved it...had a 2 bdr in Grandstand with view of golf course...loved the resort...location..his friends were totally impressed with SSR...Disney GOlf and all the CM;s...his friends last visit to WDW was in 03 for our wedding!

They had a great dinner at the Turf Club...and enjoyed 4 different golf courses.

The only thing is now they want to do it again! UGH!!!! LOL

I get to go back now ..actually 2 mths from today with DD3 and my good friends!..We still have not stayed at SSR together as husband and wife...lol..someday!
So happy SSR is our home resort!

They had a great dinner at the Turf Club...and enjoyed 4 different golf courses. The only thing is now they want to do it again! UGH!!!! LOL So happy SSR is our home resort!

Yes, the Turf Club - the best cut of Prime Rib I have had anywhere (even off Disney property). Great cut of meat and cooked and seasoned perfectly. Time to get back to planning the next trip.

Nov09BLTSarasWeddingSSRTreeHouse307.jpg

Nov09BLTSarasWeddingSSRTreeHouse309.jpg

Nov09BLTSarasWeddingSSRTreeHouse317.jpg

Nov09BLTSarasWeddingSSRTreeHouse323.jpg

Nov09BLTSarasWeddingSSRTreeHouse324.jpg

tea pot! Thanks for all these great pictures! :goodvibes I'll be checking in there in 20 days! I'm so excited to actually stay after seeing the reports and pics for so long. :lovestruc

Now get packed girl! And have a fabulous trip and enjoy the time with DD too!

I'm going in 32 days, and I'm the same way. After months of seeing videos, pictures, seeing suggestions of which area to stay in, etc, I'll FINALLY be able to go there. I'm hoping the Spa is all that it's cracked up to be. I'm surprising my mom with a trip to the spa, just for a pedicure and paraffin wax treatment for the feet, nothing major. That's partly why I'm so excited....the secret I'm keeping that I'll just casually throw out "Oh hey, Mom...let's take a walk around the resort...", and then I'll strategically walk her over to the spa, she'll refuse, and I'll go "Nope, you gotta go. If you don't, I'll lose money, so you might as well do it!" :goodvibes :lmao:

Sorry for the run-on....just got excited....I've wanted to tell someone, but I can't really tell anyone in fear that it'll get back to my mom. :rolleyes:

I'm going in 32 days, and I'm the same way. After months of seeing videos, pictures, seeing suggestions of which area to stay in, etc, I'll FINALLY be able to go there. I'm hoping the Spa is all that it's cracked up to be. I'm surprising my mom with a trip to the spa, just for a pedicure and paraffin wax treatment for the feet, nothing major. That's partly why I'm so excited....the secret I'm keeping that I'll just casually throw out "Oh hey, Mom...let's take a walk around the resort...", and then I'll strategically walk her over to the spa, she'll refuse, and I'll go "Nope, you gotta go. If you don't, I'll lose money, so you might as well do it!" :goodvibes :lmao:

Sorry for the run-on....just got excited....I've wanted to tell someone, but I can't really tell anyone in fear that it'll get back to my mom. :rolleyes:

How fun! What a sweet surprise and I can't stand trying to keep surprises! Hope your trip is all you've imagined! :woohoo:

How fun! What a sweet surprise and I can't stand trying to keep surprises! Hope your trip is all you've imagined! :woohoo:

thanks a lot! I hope it all goes PERFECTLY....I've had this idea for a few months now! :goodvibes

Trust me, I'm trying as hard as I can to NOT tell my mom. I'm constantly going to her "Are you excited for Disney? It's only about a month away!" and she usually goes "This trip's more for you than me...I love Disney, but it's still a month away, for goodness sakes!" :lmao:

Little does she know that the trip will be for HER too. teehee :banana:

That's so sweet! Make sure you show up early and see if you can have her bathing suit in a bag (hidden of course), that way you can sit in the hot tub in the ladies locker room and maybe even the sauna or steam room!

Hi folks! We are SSR owners and will be home May 22-29th in a 2BR. I'm thinking we'll ask for the Grandstand- close to the pool. We'll have a car and want to be by a pool, but not the main one. And, I like that the bar is there:) I am hoping that we will get there early enough so that we can get where we want- here's hoping.
Anyway, hi!!!

Thanks Dory
I'm the famous pack the night before gal ;)
This time I'm trying to change my ways

I'll take lots of Pics...all the best with your count down dance :dance3:
You'll love the Tree House...

take care:flower3:

tea pot! Thanks for all these great pictures! :goodvibes I'll be checking in there in 20 days! I'm so excited to actually stay after seeing the reports and pics for so long. :lovestruc

Oh tea pot! What wonderful pics. You just brought our wonderful stay in January back to mind. I loved the THV, and can't wait to stay again, hopefully in '11. Dory, they're awesome! You'll love it.

My DD and I had pedicures at the Spa, and it was wonderful!:thumbsup2 So relaxing and soothing, although I did have to apologize several times to the woman massaging my feet. I'm so ticklish that I nearly kicked her-twice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter