SSR Lovers and/or Owners Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
True confessions here...we are checking out of OKW today. Booked OKW to get a last minute trip in. BUT my DH misses his SSR, misses his rocking chairs to read and relax, misses walking to AP to get his coffee, misses his lake...good thing we're coming home in August.

Those are some great pics of the Treehouses! :thumbsup2 We were there in the beginning of April for 10 days and LOVED IT! The Treehouses are everything they are supposed to be. We were a bit far from the main buildings, but once you get your bearings with the way the busses run it is amazing. Quiet, peaceful, on top of being in DISNEY, who could ask for more? :lovestruc

Thanks for this post, we'll be visiting the Tree houses in just 18 short days :banana: I'm beyond excited... Can't wait to see them for ourselves..

True confessions here...we are checking out of OKW today. Booked OKW to get a last minute trip in. BUT my DH misses his SSR, misses his rocking chairs to read and relax, misses walking to AP to get his coffee, misses his lake...good thing we're coming home in August.

OKW and SSR are definately not interchangeable. They are really different from one another. I think those that really love one or the other wouldn't be happy at the other one. I know I wouldn't and being that close to SSR but not staying there for me would just aggravate me. Good thing you will be going back soon.:wizard:

Just saw some of the pics of the treehouse for myself.. AWESOME.. can't wait.. can't wait!!!

OKW and SSR are definately not interchangeable. They are really different from one another. I think those that really love one or the other wouldn't be happy at the other one. I know I wouldn't and being that close to SSR but not staying there for me would just aggravate me. Good thing you will be going back soon.:wizard:

I totally agree. We really like our home at SSR. However, we went to OKW a couple of years ago and did not like it at all. I was thinking we would love it since we are beach people, but we just didn't. It seemed a little old- the room, that is. And maybe the fact that it was a studio- first and last time ever!

How true, while I liked the extra room and friendly CMs, we both missed SSR so much that we had to have lunch at the Turf Club before we left. My DH has decided there is absolutely NO reason for him to stay anywhere else ;)

Hearing everyone talk about how lovely SSR is is making me so excited. My mom's up in her years (won't say her exact age lol), and she's into the simple. pretty, and relaxing looks of resorts. For example, POP wouldn't really be her cup of tea, even though it's nostalgic of things from her time, and POFQ (the resort we stayed in last year) was awesome for her. She loved the look of the place, just the natural beauty. :love:

Now, we are only able to afford SSR because of the discount pin we had, and it was a VERY decent price for a Deluxe Villa resort. My mom is wary about going here, because it isn't POFQ! :laughing: I keep telling her that it looks like an amazing resort, but she isn't 100% because she hasn't been there before. I can understand where she's coming from, but I just wanna scream to her "YOU'LL LIKE IT DON'T WORRY!!!!!" :lmao:

ANYWAYS, rant aside, I am just so excited that people are saying how much they love it there. It's really getting me excited, since we only have 3 weeks and 1 day to go! :goodvibes

How true, while I liked the extra room and friendly CMs, we both missed SSR so much that we had to have lunch at the Turf Club before we left. My DH has decided there is absolutely NO reason for him to stay anywhere else ;)

I agree on both of those statements. We had a really bad CM upon arrival to SSR; however, the second time, we did get a better CM. But, all of the CMs were great at OKW. The Turf Club is great (Prime Rib was the best), and a nice quiet boat ride before or after dinner is nice as well.

I can understand where she's coming from, but I just wanna scream to her "YOU'LL LIKE IT DON'T WORRY!!!!!" :lmao: ANYWAYS, rant aside, I am just so excited that people are saying how much they love it there. It's really getting me excited, since we only have 3 weeks and 1 day to go! :goodvibes

While we have not been to POFQ, there are a lot of great views and ways to relax at SSR. Not sure if she would like a spa treatment, but that may be an extra nice way to relax. They offer all sorts of things (massage, nails, etc).

The Turf Club is great (Prime Rib was the best), and a nice quiet boat ride before or after dinner is nice as well.
OKW is my home resort but this June we switched to a 2br at SSR and immediately booked the Turf Club for 1st night's dinner! (It's SSR's best kept secret) Can't wait, just a month away!

While we have not been to POFQ, there are a lot of great views and ways to relax at SSR. Not sure if she would like a spa treatment, but that may be an extra nice way to relax. They offer all sorts of things (massage, nails, etc).

Actually, I'm surprising her with a pedicure treatment at the spa on our first day there. It's also ironic that she said she was thinking about getting a pedicure recently....now I just gotta convince her not to get one. :laughing: I'll sound so mean, I can picture it...

Mom: I should go get a pedicure before we leave for Disney. My nails need it...

Me: NO!!!! Erm, it's too much money.

Mom:...but there's a special going on in the mall salon, where it's 30% off, and that's a good deal!

Me: Still too much....I'll just paint your nails before we go....

Mom: But that's not the s-

Me: I'M PAINTING YOUR NAILS, MOM!

:rotfl:

Tell your Mom that she can take the boat up the river to POFQ to visit! I did that on my last stay at SSR and enjoyed the ride so much. I had beignets and coffee at the food court, wandered around, and then took the boat back! It was delightful. But the rooms at SSR are so far superior, I'm sure your Mom will love them.

Jan

We are new members at SSR. I realized yesterday, that the boys spring break the last week of March is not premier season. Called MS this morning and got us a tree house for the week. So excited!:cool1:We will be there for my youngest's 6th birthday and with 4 boys the treehouses are perfect for us! Can't wait for our first trip home!!!:banana:

Actually, I'm surprising her with a pedicure treatment at the spa on our first day there. It's also ironic that she said she was thinking about getting a pedicure recently....now I just gotta convince her not to get one. :laughing: I'll sound so mean, I can picture it...

Mom:...but there's a special going on in the mall salon, where it's 30% off, and that's a good deal!

::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Because a trip to WDW is practically free! :lmao: Hey, if you can't convince her, then you could go with a different spa treatment.

Tell your Mom that she can take the boat up the river to POFQ to visit! I did that on my last stay at SSR and enjoyed the ride so much. I had beignets and coffee at the food court, wandered around, and then took the boat back! It was delightful. But the rooms at SSR are so far superior, I'm sure your Mom will love them. Jan

Not sure the boat goes from SSR to POFQ. I think you have to take the boat to DTD and then a different boat back to POFQ. But, either way, ai good idea. And yes, the fresh beignets are something to make the trip for. I never had the Mufellato (spelling). I'm not a big fan of olives and am afraid it would overpower the flavor of the sandwich.

DTD from Congress Park.

DTD.jpg

Remote lawn mower at Congress Park. First one I have seen at Disney.

lawnmower-1.jpg

We had record heat on our May 2-7 trip last week. It was nice being next to CP pool in room 2421.

Kevin

Cool pics, Kevin. I've never heard of a remote-controlled lawn mower let alone seen one!

That's so sweet of you! My mom and I often fight about what's good for her! She *hates* the cost of vacations, but I love to see her up and about. ;)

Hearing everyone talk about how lovely SSR is is making me so excited. My mom's up in her years (won't say her exact age lol), and she's into the simple. pretty, and relaxing looks of resorts. For example, POP wouldn't really be her cup of tea, even though it's nostalgic of things from her time, and POFQ (the resort we stayed in last year) was awesome for her. She loved the look of the place, just the natural beauty. :love:

Now, we are only able to afford SSR because of the discount pin we had, and it was a VERY decent price for a Deluxe Villa resort. My mom is wary about going here, because it isn't POFQ! :laughing: I keep telling her that it looks like an amazing resort, but she isn't 100% because she hasn't been there before. I can understand where she's coming from, but I just wanna scream to her "YOU'LL LIKE IT DON'T WORRY!!!!!" :lmao:

ANYWAYS, rant aside, I am just so excited that people are saying how much they love it there. It's really getting me excited, since we only have 3 weeks and 1 day to go! :goodvibes
I used to only stay at WL or at The Dixie Landings but we got an upgrade to SSR once and we took it . After the 1st night my Dh knew he wanted to buy DVC LOL
That is how they hooked us I tell ya. It was an upgrade I tell ya , Thats my story and I am sticken to it :rolleyes1

My husband loves both OKW and SSR almost equally, but for mostly (but not completely) different reasons. I like, but not "love," them both...

but anyhoo - according to my hubby's preferences - it's possible to love both...even though they are different

he's a really easy going guy though and likes pretty much everything in life, so maybe that helps with his view??

We had record heat on our May 2-7 trip last week. It was nice being next to CP pool in room 2421.

That's when we were there...well, at OKW. I told my DH that with the heat, he could pretend it was our trip to SSR in August. Thought that a May trip to F/G would have cooler weather...HA! Doomed to have hot humid weather whenever my DH goes to WDW.

I'm not an SSR Owner (YET!), but I have to say that I love SSR as well (we fell in love with it when we were upgraded for Free Dining last year)!

We were in Daytona for a wedding on Saturday and as a Mother's Day treat, we came to Orlando and went to DTD. Seeing SSR across the water made me homesick!

To get more Disney love, my hubby suggested that we travel all around property, so this is what we did:

DTD - bus to Grand Floridian (We also saw Pleasure Island, Typhoon Lagoon and Wilderness Lodge while on the bus).

GF - Mono full circle to Magic Kingdom

MK - Bus to SSR

SSR - Ferry to DTD.

It was great to just walk through the resort and see it again! I can't wait to stay again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter