SSR Lovers and/or Owners Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss my home so much. Our December trip seems like it is taking forever to get here. I made our reservations at the 11mos window for a THV. Our 6mos dining window is coming up soon, maybe that will help ease the pain.:laughing:

I can't wait to take the ferry from SSR to DTD for dining and shopping. So much magic!:wizard: CS at DTD is so much better than anywhere else, we'll likely make this trip everyday. Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Puck Cafe, Cooke's of Dublin, yum! I can't wait to check in at the Carriage house and run to the gift shop with my DD's. I hope it will be warm enough for swimming at HRS at least one day. We are all super geeked about staying at the THV's for the first time.:banana:

DH and I realized as drivers, that we love the convenience of SSR's location. We felt like we had to drive half way across the world when we needed emergency items during our stay at BLT last year. We just tend to go off property quite a bit to purchase things we need in emergency and to grocery shop and BLT's location wasn't cutting it.:laughing: It was neat to be in the MK resort area, but we actually found that we prefer SSR's location.:thumbsup2

Only 8 more days until we are in the THV with my Brother and his family!!! It is going to be fantastic!!!

I just checked my messages and the mods asked me to start a new SSR Lovers thread because this thread is nearly 3,700 posts long. It has been awesome hanging out with you guys! Please come join me in SSR Lovers and Owners part 2.:wizard::love::cheer2::grouphug::banana:

Hello Everyone

I am a new owner and just made my first ressie the other day for October. :cool1: When I asked the MS what part of SSR would be ideal for a family of seven, she suggested the Springs, but after reading all of the posts should I call back and ask for the Grandstand? What I am totally concerned about is waiting for the bus and having standing room only to the parks. I have a mother with bads knees and would hate for her to stand being the last stop. Oh, by the way, I'm loving all of the pictures.

Thanks
Brigitte

Hello Everyone

I am a new owner and just made my first ressie the other day for October. :cool1: When I asked the MS what part of SSR would be ideal for a family of seven, she suggested the Springs, but after reading all of the posts should I call back and ask for the Grandstand? What I am totally concerned about is waiting for the bus and having standing room only to the parks. I have a mother with bads knees and would hate for her to stand being the last stop. Oh, by the way, I'm loving all of the pictures.

Thanks
Brigitte

Be sure to go to the new thread - the link is on the post before this. Not sure many post on this thread anymore as it close to capacity. To answer your question, not sure when you are going, but we never had a problem with the buses being packed to capacity at SSR from leaving or returning from the parks. The Springs are closest to the restaurants and main pool. Grandstand is the 1st bus stop, but if you get a building closest to the bus stop, it is a long walk to the main area at the Springs.

I just found this thread - very cool!
I love staying at SSR!! It's so big and open and feels like home. My family and I always stay in the deluxe villa. I love having the kitchen because I love to cook and it's nice to be able to make your own food when you don't feel like cooking.

I love the design of the rooms and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the decor. The pictures, the furniture and eveything in between is awesome.

Anywho, I believe we are going back for spring break next year to have a mini family reuinion with my brother and his family. SSR will def. be a good choice!!:thumbsup2

I like SSR. We were there in March of 2008, I think and it was very quiet. The pools were not too busy. It is also a few minutes away from Downtown Disney which we like for the restaurants, the circus and the treats.

I don't need to be close the Magic Kindom or watching animals at night and with the tree houses now available, I think SSR is going to become more popular.

Eric

This discussion thread is continued here:
Part 2

Threads that get too long can cause operational problems with the board system.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter