Sprint cell service in the WDW parks

Kaufeegurl

Mouseketeer
Hi all - I couldn't find a thread that specifically discusses this. Coverage in WDW parks is important to us - we use MDE a lot to grab that 4th FP and make modifications. Anyone with Sprint experience in the parks? We currently have Verizon.

**We have had Verizon for over 10 years but are thinking of switching to Sprint. Sprint does have good coverage in our area but I am concerned about travel. Verizon just doesn't reward loyalty and I'm tired of the big bills. We need new phones and Sprint is offering a great deal plus fabulous pricing with a lot of extras. It's a no brainer to switch - we will save over $100/month - more with the extra goodies included. However - I am a true believer that you get what you pay for (usually) and I know that Sprint's coverage is not as stellar as Verizon. Also - did I read that the T-Mobile/Sprint merger was approved?

You should be ok in the parks.

We switched to Sprint a few years ago. I'm in the process of switching us back to AT&T. It has been horrible. Great service the first 16 months, and then it was almost non-existent. We also were surprised that we had to pay for our "free" phones at the end of the 2 years. I was told we only had to pay the tax initially. Beware! It cost me almost $200 to drop them.

It’s fine. We’ve had Sprint for close to 15 years. Anytime I didn’t have service in the parks, neither did DH with his Verizon phone for work. There are dead spots that no service can reach (but typically the WiFi can).

Sprint is terrible in the Orlando area in general. The people I know that have tried it have moved away from it. With that being said if you don't have coverage just switch to wifi

DH has Sprint and he has never had a problem with coverage in the parks..I have Tmobile and havent noticed an issue.. the merger is still awaiting approval from regulators.
Sidenote..I feel compelled to mention that any time my phone did not have signal, his Sprint phone has always come through..especially while traveling Rural areas like Pennsylvania on way home from WDW trip..haha

We changed to Sprint when they offered one of those great deals ( get a new phone, etc). Turned out that after all the fees & taxes, it wasn’t that big of a savings. Maybe $10. and it turned out that our coverage where we lived wasn’t great. My husband had more problems than I did but he relied on his phone a lot for business & travel. He complained all the time ( we live in Southeast). As far as WDW ( not too far from us) it wasn’t great either. We are now back at Verizon. Switched back when they offered the IPhone XR & a special about lines. Much happier now.

I have Sprint and have never had any real issue with coverage at Disney. I can only think of a couple rare occasions that I didn't have service and that was places such as deep in the FOP queue where you're pretty much inside a mountain.

When it comes to the MDE, any and all issues you'll have will have more to do with the MDE itself and not with your service carrier. MDE often has issues across the board for everyone regardless of provider, so I think your concerns over the MDE are misplaced.

So in my area sprint is suppose to have good service but it has been awful. It was also lackluster at Disney this past weekend. I cannot wait to switch back - sprint was the worse decision I’ve ever made.

I have been very happy with t Mobil. The price they quote includes all taxes and fees. Coverage in my area is not quite as good as Verizon or ATT, but it’s Good enough and my bill was cut by 1/2

We are happy Sprint customers and have found it to be very reliable in the parks. When the park wi-fi sometimes drops while using MDE, my iPhone 8 switches right to LTE and it’s super quick.

thank you all for your input! i loved reading everyone's experiences. if interested keep reading for how everything shook out :)

i spent yesterday collecting information and doing a spreadsheet on apples to apples plans for our 5 lines. My Verizon bill is $250 including taxes/fees for Unlimited data with 5 lines and 2 ipads. No new phone offers for the iPhone XS or XR. (We need 2).
Sprint gave us a first year price of $110 without taxes/fees for only one year - and no one could answer the same question with the same answer or was willing to bottom line it for us with a hard quote. They have a BOGO right now for the phones.
T-Mobile's price for UL data - 5 lines (and hot spot access for 2 ipads) is $110 including taxes/fees with no expiration on that pricing. there is a trade-in offer on our old phones for $750. Professional and knowledgable customer service in store, online, and over the phone.

We have been Verizon customers for over 14 years. There are no loyalty incentives. The service has been great (however, I live in an area where everyone's service is great). We are switching to TMobile today. $140/ month savings is enough incentive to jump ship and try a new provider. It's hard to justify staying with Verizon for that price without trying another provider's service. We may regret the switch. We may regret not switching long ago. I do know it's hard to break up with a trusted friend.

I have had Sprint since 1999 ( they were Sprint PCS back then lol). I have never had any coverage issues in the parks (with the exception years ago in the queue for Soarin where there was no signal for anything) but that has since resolved and is fine now :)

I’d recommend going to the apple store to buy the phones, ask for one so that’s unlocked and works on any network. Then you won’t be locked in. They do trade in also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter