Springtime Surprise Weekend (April 13-16, 2023)

The 25% discount really helped me out. Originally, I was switching resorts after the 10K and moving to Shades, but now I can stay at WL the entire trip. Pretty happy I don't have to stress about getting back to the room and showering before 11 o'clock now. Although, my ego is still hoping I get done with the 10K at a reasonable time. :rotfl:

I had an AP room rate at Pop and the general discount was better and saved me $97 over the whole trip, so you might want to check

AP and the GP rates are the same for mine. But I was able to switch from one All Star to another that wasn’t available when I booked before, so that’s good, and a big savings with not needing to pay for parking now!

AP and the GP rates are the same for mine. But I was able to switch from one All Star to another that wasn’t available when I booked before, so that’s good, and a big savings with not needing to pay for parking now!
We will be at ASMo. When I told DD about free parking last night and the potential advantages of having a car she told me that the bus to the race’s start is part of the fun, with all the excitement and the costumes. So ride-share from MCO and Disney transportation it is!

There was a schedule change on my flight which now qualifies me for a free change. I really can't decide what the better schedule for me is - I am running the 5k on Friday.

Original:
Arrive Thursday - pool, dinner, relax (maybe a park)
Friday race, park day
Saturday go home

or

Arrive Wednesday - pool, dinner, relax (maybe a park)
Thursday park day
Friday race, go home at some point

WWYD?

There was a schedule change on my flight which now qualifies me for a free change. I really can't decide what the better schedule for me is - I am running the 5k on Friday.

Original:
Friday race, park day
Saturday go home

or

Thursday park day

WWYD?

So how much time and money do you have, cause that's what it boils down to. Given your original schedule, you're flying in for a very short trip. Personally, I wouldn't want to feel rushed and wouldn't want to leave on race day, unless it was later in the evening. I would maximize the time down there, i.e. get the earliest flight I could on Thursday and keep the Saturday return. (Or even extend the trip, if feasible)

Original:
Friday race, park day
Saturday go home

or

Thursday park day

WWYD?
Wednesday. Arriving the day you HAVE to get to the expo (since you are doing the 5k) is just stressful in my opinion. if there are delays or cancellations you might not make it in time to get your bib.

Original:
Friday race, park day
Saturday go home

or

Thursday park day

WWYD?
I would do W-F. We are doing the 10 miler and flying in on Friday so we don’t have to stress bib pick-up.

Work scheduled a conference on Wednesday and Thursday before race weekend, was planning on arriving Wednesday night with a park day on Thursday but this puts me in a pickle. My options might be 1. still arrive on Wednesday but remote in for the second day (have to ask if this is doable), giving up the park day 2. arrive on Thursday night and hope I can get the 5k bib the next morning 😬.

Work scheduled a conference on Wednesday and Thursday before race weekend, was planning on arriving Wednesday night with a park day on Thursday but this puts me in a pickle. My options might be 1. still arrive on Wednesday but remote in for the second day (have to ask if this is doable), giving up the park day 2. arrive on Thursday night and hope I can get the 5k bib the next morning 😬.
I would find out about remoting in for day 2 and do that, if possible. It would suck to find out Disney is suddenly enforcing their “no race day bib pickup” rule

2. arrive on Thursday night and hope I can get the 5k bib the next morning 😬.

The line for "emergency" bib pick-up the first day of Marathon Weekend was INSANE! If runDisney was ever going to cut off the availability on this, MW might have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Don't chance it.

The line for "emergency" bib pick-up the first day of Marathon Weekend was INSANE! If runDisney was ever going to cut off the availability on this, MW might have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Don't chance it.
People were still in line when the race started! I’ve never seen it like that ever. I think all the flight issues contributed to that long line.

People were still in line when the race started! I’ve never seen it like that ever. I think all the flight issues contributed to that long line.

That is my suspicion as well. We entered the reunion area relatively early and it doesn't surprise me that they were still working through the line at race time.

I know, my concern is that I might not have a choice. Think I’ve figured out an itinerary that works if I can remote in though. If i can’t, just gotta roll with it and hope for the best.

How’s everyone’s training going?

I did one 4-mile run so far this week and then my legs were sore until today 😬 (My fault for not stretching properly.) It’s gonna be a long ~12 weeks over here…

Terrible! I ran a 5k on Thanksgiving and haven't run since! I am doing the 5k this year, down from the 10k, and I think in my head I just keep saying - I'm gonna just walk it. Which is sad b/c I trained so much to get to the 10k distance for last year's Princess! Losing all motivation!

I think I’m finally getting back in the groove for training. I was out most of December from tendinitis, weather, holidays and illness. And in January, I’ve discovered that my bad ankle won’t tolerate the treadmill, or too many left turns on a track, so it’s roads or right-turn-track-days only for me. This week I ran a virtual 15K on Tuesday and 5 miles last night and I’m feeling good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter