Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

In the Disney Parks Blog post about the return of live races, they indicated a change in distances:
  • runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend: Each race season, the fourth weekend will be the runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend that will include different race themes and distances each year.
...but the runDisney page doesn't mention that, so who knows lol :confused3

I've got the impression they didn't know exactly what they plan to do that weekend, they still may not.

I have a feeling there will generally be a half since it is far enough to get people to travel and hits a bucket list item for a lot of people. My guess is it will be the "support" races that change each year. An 8k and 10 miler instead of 5k and 10k for example.

I could be way off of course. I really hope for a trail race at some point. All that property is just calling for trails

What do you think the chances are for an announcement later this week? I got an RCI match for a different week of March, but if Springtime Surprise ends up being a 10 miler, I definitely want to do it.

Definitely this week as next week is early registration, correct?

RunDisney hasn't posted any new information on the page for the Spring Surprise Weekend. But if you look at the Club RunDisney page, it does say that Club RunDisney early registration is on September 21, with general registration September 28 and virtual registration October 1.

I was listening to a British running podcast once and they were talking about a race they have over there that changes every year and until you get to the start line you have no idea what it is. Could be a 5K, could be 100 miles, you know when you get there. Maybe rD listened to the same podcast and we won't know until race day.

Last edited:
I was listening to a British running podcast once and they were talking about a race they have over there that changes every year and until you get to the start line you have no idea what it is. Could be a 5K, could be 100 miles, you know when you get there. Maybe rD listened to the same podcast and we won't know until race day.
Given the variety of runner levels rD races attract, I seriously doubt, rD would pull that kind of “surprise”. I’d be pretty annoyed if I forked over registration and additional spend for souvenirs, then showed up at the start to find out it’s a marathon or a tough mudder! I have a bad knee and I’m lucky my doc is letting me do half’s!

Surprise! The finish line is at the Disney Cruise Line terminal in Port Canaveral.

Given the variety of runner levels rD races attract, I seriously doubt, rD would pull that kind of “surprise”. I’d be pretty annoyed if I forked over registration and additional spend for souvenirs, then showed up at the start to find out it’s a marathon or a tough mudder! I have a bad knee and I’m lucky my doc is letting me do half’s!

I highly doubt they would do that, I meant it tongue in cheek.

There's no option for the SS listed in the virtual section on the rDisney website....I may not have to figure out what else I can sell to fund more medals. :rotfl2:

Not going to lie, as long as I'd get to run on to the ship and have it whisk me away to Castaway Cay for R&R, I'd be down for that.

Depending on the route it would be about a 100K so not out of the question. They have that new rail line they are running out there so they will have a flat, interrupted route until they actually start running the trains.

I wish they’d release details about this! I’ve got my flights booked now, so I’d like to start planning the rest of my trip, but I can’t pick parks until I know what events I might be doing. Come on, Disney! Stop torturing us!

I saw on a different page that they have removed the upcoming registration date from the Club runDisney page and it says to check back for a date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter