Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

When would training plans start?
Also I’m reaching the point where I won’t be able to put time off for registration so hopefully at least a date is announced soon

FOMO got me. I just booked flights. I'd have to borrow DVC points to stay and I have a June use year so not keen on using points in case I don't end up going. Off to find a hotel!

Also I’m reaching the point where I won’t be able to put time off for registration so hopefully at least a date is announced soon

The 10K/13.1 Challenge is a 19 week program, with the event at the end of week 18. That makes first day of training Tuesday November 30th.

I would expect an announcement before WND so that they can sell travel packages and race entries at the expo.

Well, that kind of depends on what you are training for and your fitness level. If we assume it will be a 10K and Half most half plans are 14-20 weeks depending on your goal and where you are starting from.

Is there speculation that date will move because a date has been announced, March 31 - April 3.

Hope the date doesn’t change as we have hotel reservations + if it moves any later in April it’s legacy gold blackout than my pass expires on the 26th and so IF I were to renew into the new system I’d be walking a line of even being able to reserve parks…

Hope the date doesn’t change as we have hotel reservations + if it moves any later in April it’s legacy gold blackout than my pass expires on the 26th and so IF I were to renew into the new system I’d be walking a line of even being able to reserve parks…

My understanding is the old April blackout dates no longer apply to the legacy Gold pass. Existing gold passes are under the new blackout dates. I know there was a lot of angst for those booked during Thanksgiving (new blackout dates).

My understanding is the old April blackout dates no longer apply to the legacy Gold pass. Existing gold passes are under the new blackout dates. I know there was a lot of angst for those booked during Thanksgiving (new blackout dates).

I have a Gold pass. My blockout dates have not changed. I am not blocked out of thanksgiving. As of this moment the entire month of November is green for me. I just have the usual two weeks around Christmas and Easter.

I can’t remember what year it was, but Star Wars fell during a blockout and it was lifted for passholders that specific weekend. With how greedy Disney is lately I don’t see them being so generous again 🙄

I have a Gold pass. My blockout dates have not changed. I am not blocked out of thanksgiving. As of this moment the entire month of November is green for me. I just have the usual two weeks around Christmas and Easter.

I can’t remember what year it was, but Star Wars fell during a blockout and it was lifted for passholders that specific weekend. With how greedy Disney is lately I don’t see them being so generous again 🙄

I stand corrected. Thank you.

I heard the opposite where blackouts/photopass would remain until passes expired…

it will suck if that’s not the case and 3/4 of our party can’t get into Epcot on Sunday as they are silver and it’s a pirate blackout date + my sister getting charged a no show for space 220

also having to $$$ for wine & dine + marathon photopass

I heard the opposite where blackouts/photopass would remain until passes expired…

it will suck if that’s not the case and 3/4 of our party can’t get into Epcot on Sunday as they are silver and it’s a pirate blackout date + my sister getting charged a no show for space 220

also having to $$$ for wine & dine + marathon photopass
I think the rumor was that if it wasn’t activated before the new passes went on sale, then it would switch (and it would include photo pass). I renewed mine a couple of months before the new passes were sold/announced, but I haven’t activated it yet. MDE still shows it as a Gold Renewal, but I’ve read it will switch once I get to a park to activate. It doesn’t really affect me either way, because none of my trips fall on either of the blackout dates right now.

I think some people were calling about their Thanksgiving trips, and if they saw that they had made those reservations before the new passes were announced they would note it or something so they would be able to get in????

:wave: I was one of the Gold APs who ran into the issues with the changing blackout dates, so can shed some light on the situation.

If you have an ACTIVATED Gold pass, the Gold pass blackout dates remain in effect.

If you have a Gold Pass RENEWAL certificate, irrespective of when you purchased it, and you activate it after the new AP tiers went on sale in September, it will activate as a Sorcerer's pass with the Sorcerers' pass blackout dates. As a curtesy, it will activate as the version of the Sorcerer's Pass with Photopass included.

My AP expires this month (October). I've had a Gold Pass renewal certificate, park pass reservations and hotel reservations for a Thanksgiving trip linked to my account for a very long time. After spending 4 hours on the phone with Disney (between being on hold and being passed around departments), I was told that I would need to speak to Guest Relations in person to have something done about my situation. Thankfully, I had a trip planned for the 50th, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to sort things out until my Thanksgiving trip and would've lost all my park pass reservations the day my AP renewed.

Guest relations at Animal Kingdom were able to resolve my situation very quickly. They attached a 3 day park hopper to my account so I wouldn't lose my park passes made for the blackout dates.

If I didn't already know how much Disney IT sucks, I'd question why they couldn't just have the Gold pass renewals grandfathered into their system. Overall, I'm happy it got resolved before my Thanksgiving trip, but very annoyed that it couldn't be handled over the phone.

My gold & my sisters silver were renewed in April/may respectively (we never let them lapse during the shutdown)

my parents (both silver) got their passes reinstated in June moms been back in the park since my dad has made park passes but hasn’t actually been in the mood to actually join us

Okay back to the subject of the event waiting game

I wish we’d get more info as 1) park passes for at least DHS are starting to fill up for the weekend and I wasn’t planning to lock down what parks/what days till I knew what distance was being ran and 2) as of now I’ve suddenly begun being scheduled on Tuesdays again and all Tuesday’s leading up to the one before W&D which I’ll most likely be scheduled for as well I’m on the clock oh well

So in reading that they have pulled items from the Cast Connection store to restock shelves in other shops- it makes me wonder if there is an issue in getting the items ( esp medals) in a timely fashion for these races. Maybe that uncertainty has been a factor in the registration delay? They would not want to sign up XXX number of people for a race when the medals are not assured to arrive in time. Pure speculation- but 🤷‍♀️. It will be interesting to see what merch is available for W&D.

It may end up being a true Spring Surprise! Daughter is holding me to a 10 year promise to run Dopey. Luck has it we will be there during the Spring Surprise too for her Senior Spring Break too. Ran several ultras in the past… 15 years ago… trying to get in shape now to keep my word.

Is this new? "Join us for a new Orlando marathon surprise! The Springtime Surprise Weekend Marathon is here. Inviting beginner marathon runners and advanced marathon..."

I don't remember it specifically stating "marathon" before. Of course, when I click on the link it's the same old "More information about the 2022 runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend event is coming soon, so please check back often."

I hope full information is available soon!

edit: I should add, this is the google search return for the search phrase "rundisney springtime surprise"

RunDisney_Spring.png

Is this new? "Join us for a new Orlando marathon surprise! The Springtime Surprise Weekend Marathon is here. Inviting beginner marathon runners and advanced marathon..."

I don't remember it specifically stating "marathon" before. Of course, when I click on the link it's the same old "More information about the 2022 runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend event is coming soon, so please check back often."

I hope full information is available soon!

edit: I should add, this is the google search return for the search phrase "rundisney springtime surprise"

View attachment 615606
Marathon?! Omg. Do we even have enough weeks to train for that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter