Spring Break Poll for 2019

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Day-Day, Apr 30, 2018.

?

Select Dates For Week with All Days Off for Spring Break 2019

1. February 25-March 1

11 vote(s)
    1.5%
  2. March 4-8

32 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. March 11-15

135 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. March 18-22

101 vote(s)
    14.1%
  5. March 25-29

155 vote(s)
    21.6%
  6. April 1-5

91 vote(s)
    12.7%
  7. April 8-12

19 vote(s)
    2.6%
  8. April 15-19

133 vote(s)
    18.5%
  9. April 22-26

105 vote(s)
    14.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tiggerlover91

Tiggerlover91 DIS Veteran

That's all I've ever known.....a full week. I cannot imagine not having that. We get a full week for spring break and a full week for Thanksgiving break.

2. Tinkerbellmom43

Tinkerbellmom43 Re-earning my ears

Long Island NY April 17th through the 26th here

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. SaintsManiac

SaintsManiac DIS Veteran

I swear our parish (county to everyone outside of Louisiana) had some new people come in to "shake things up." They've gone wonky on our calendar this school year and changed the normal way of doing things.

Anyway--we have 4/15-4/22 off. Makes no sense to me. We used to get Thursday before Easter-the Friday after. ALWAYS.

They also made fall break the week AFTER Columbus Day. So weird.

5. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 TPAS Moderator Moderator

I was curious as to how Disney's new daily ticket prices might correlate to our little unofficial Spring Break poll on this thread. This chart is the average one-day ticket price for the week beginning with each date. It kind of tracks the poll to some extent, but it's not spot on. Note, I did Monday-Sunday for the weekly averages... results would be slightly different if I had done, say, Saturday-Friday, for example.

No hard conclusions one way or the other here, just some data. You definitely see the Easter influence!

Spring Break Ticket Prices.png

6. need2travel

need2travel Mouseketeer

Another LI, NY here, we're the Fri before & week after Easter for our Spring Break. Just don't tell DH's school (he's a teacher) that we're taking the Thursday before too:rolleyes1

7. princessekrus

princessekrus Mouseketeer

We are in MA and our spring break always correlates to Patriot's Day (Boston Marathon Monday), which some years coincides with Easter and others is far from it. I try to avoid doing Disney on the years it correlates with the weekend before or after Easter... We were there April this year (along with a lot of families form our school, since we ran into all of them!), and the crowds were totally manageable. We were there April 13-22, which I bet will compare to the first two weeks of April this year. Really nice weather - we did the pools and water parks, but it still wasn't so hot you were miserable. We are headed back for Thanksgiving week and I am bracing myself for it to be very crowded (which is ok, I know what I'm getting into since we do this every two years). Thanks for the poll, it's very interesting!

cel_disney likes this.
  8. reluctantredhead

reluctantredhead DIS Veteran

Our D attends a private school in Michigan, and she has two weeks off for Spring Break -- March 18-22 and March 25-29.

I'm surprised to see that anyone has Spring Break the last week of February! We just booked an adults-only trip from 2/23-3/2 for H's birthday, and I told him that I thought the timing would be great because it would be after President's Day and before any Spring Breaks would start. Shows what I know!:hyper:

9. Lorelei18

Lorelei18 Always planning...

We are April 15-22 in Ohio, but I know a lot of our area schools are off different weeks earlier than we are. I did find this website helpful though: https://publicholidays.us/school-holidays/florida/ Looks like only two districts in Florida are off that entire week, with several being off Good Friday and maybe the day before Good Friday.

10. bapcap

bapcap Mouseketeer

We will be there April 11-20. Hoping the crowds aren’t horrible and the weather will be good. Since 2 in our party of 6 are teachers, Spring Break it is. (Summertime is not an option...too hot and humid for us Californians!)

11. Mambo Junkie

Mambo Junkie DIS Veteran

Richmond Va suburbs just changed from the week after Easter to the first week of April. (4/1-5) Totally messes with the Masters Tournament.

12. SpecEdismyLife

SpecEdismyLife Mouseketeer

April 15-19 here in Charlotte NC

13. mkla2015

mkla2015 DIS Veteran

March 11-15 here in Texas (San Antonio area). We always have the 2nd full week of March off for Spring Break.

14. Amy and kids

Amy and kids Mouseketeer

My daughter attends a college in Minneapolis and her spring break is March 18-22.

My boys' school district in NE Wisconsin is March 25-29.

15. Jimmy Mouse

Jimmy Mouse My other car is the Monorail

April 19th - 26th for us in Winder, GA.

16. Nole95

Nole95 DIS Veteran

Our break in Georgia is April 1-5. We are coming in on April 3 for RunDisney Star Wars Rival Run weekend.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    vinotinto likes this.
  17. Melindarella

Melindarella Mouseketeer

I'm late seeing this, and the poll has closed, but our spring break dates for Leesburg GA are April 1st-5th :)

18. Scrappygrrl

Scrappygrrl Mouseketeer

I wish this pool could be re-opened, what with so many people getting worrisome information from the TP crowd calendars. Would love to get some additional data.

limace likes this.
  19. Lorelei18

I am wondering what the worrisome data js that you are getting from TP regarding crowds?

20. Lorelei18

Even though the poll is no longer open we can still continue the conversation. :)

21. pal6860

pal6860 Earning My Ears

Ha, I didn’t realize this thread is months old! Well, our spring break is March 3-10 if anyone still cares! Most of north Texas (DFW) is the week after though.